Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-14, 12:33 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Yeah, THANKS rickets, that was quite an investment for you to type all that out! I appreciate it!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 01:59 PM  
Suzieq430

Susan,

I have nothing to add as far as workouts, but I just want to wish you good luck in your schooling. My daughter is a nurse, so I know how much work you have to do.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Suzieq430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 03:21 PM  
flowerpotcat

How about the new Fe Fit workouts mentioned in another thread? Looks like they're 30 mins workouts. They also have a youtube channel with workouts under 20 mins.
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 04:19 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Firm Get Chisel'd (did it this morning, really worked up a sweat).
Firm Express series
The Marta Montenegro Method dvds (3)
Pace Express
Old 03-05-14, 05:16 PM  
mbcatac7

Love the ZCut workouts.. Short and excellent. Currently doing 21 Day Fix and really liking it.
Old 03-05-14, 07:24 PM  
seabliss

Just to add a couple of outdoor-filmed workouts to the list (nice stress reduction):

Kickbox Core Crosstrain w/Patricia Moreno: filmed in New Mexico/Arizona area, so beautiful scenery. You can do segments of this one because that's how it's set up. I usually skip the first segment and do 2-3 of the other three, depending on time.

Cindy Crawford Shape Your Body: 2 workouts, first is 45 minutes but you can skip the abs section at the end and just do some planks (she does a lot of crunches and sit-ups), second is 40 minutes. Includes some cardio and some weights, and it's just fun. You can alternate the workouts to hit the whole body.

I'm doing Brazil Butt Lift workouts currently, one a day. Bum Bum is less than 30 minutes but is a butt-kicker with cardio, Sculpt is weights and I skip the weighted abs at the end (I stop after the planks/side planks) so it's 35 minutes, and High and Tight is 38 minutes. I am seeing great results.

Good luck! I don't know if you'll go back to hour workouts after this. I never really did after having my baby four years ago. But I think I am fitter now!
Old 03-07-14, 12:51 PM  
trish r
VF Supporter

Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher Series are 30 - 40 minutes, including a warmup and an ending stretch. I've been loving these.

Good luck with your nursing career - I admire nurses so much!
trish r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 02:53 PM  
vanessakm

Hi Susan. My Mom is a (now retired) nurse. I remember barely seeing her during my junior high years while she went to school. Or in my high school years when she was getting her Masters.*

*I got away with a lot!!!!!

Anyways, here are some other ideas:

Kelly Coffey-Meyer as some others have mentioned. She has a vast selection of pre-mixes on any workout.

Ellen Barrett: Her Sleek Sculpt Express and Super Fast Body Blast are both 30 minutes, and still tough. Also, her Self Magazine Bikini Ready Fast is a decently thorough weights/cardio mix.

10 Minute Solution has a huge variety and you can program any of their DVD's as you like. They all come with 5 segments around (yes) 10 minutes each. The Kelli Roberts Kickboxing and Suzanne Bowen Pilates are two of my faves.

According to Collage, my favorite Firm workout Jump, Pump & Jam (a weights/kickboxing workout) is 41 minutes.

Jackie Warner's XTreme Timesaver workout makes noodles of my arms and legs and clocks in barely over 30 minutes.
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 06:33 PM  
ADoll

Good luck with your studies! I'm working as a full-time NICU nurse right now (which I absolutely love) and studying for my Bachelors in Nursing so I know how you feel. I'm also a full-time wife and mom of 4 kids. My workouts are sort of at a stand still but my go to workouts right now is JNL, T25, and P90X3. Try as much as possible to get the whole family involved with the housework and don't worry if some things don't get done.

Arleen
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 10:14 PM  
holliholli915

BennerFit all the way! They're Dream Body-esque circuits and each is 15 minutes or less. You just need to double, triple, quadruple them...whatever...to reach your desired duration. By the second run through, you really feel the moves and by the third for sure!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40 minute workouts, deltafit speedshred, keli roberts, short cathe workouts, short workouts