Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-14, 03:25 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I googled your question and found the following:

This link leads to a big chart that gives details of various BeachBody sets. One column has workout lengths.

Cathe's Hiit DVD has 3 30 minute workouts.

I don't know if you have any interest in YouTube workouts. This link lists 30-40 minute Jessica Smith workouts by time.

If you're into barre workouts, here is a VF thread that lists 30-minute-or-less barre workouts.

This link has a list of "the best" 30-minute workouts for women. I'll let you decide if they really are "the best".

Personally, I'd echo the suggestion for KCM's 30-Minutes to Fitness suggestion. And TurboJam workouts in the original set were mostly around 30 minutes.

I wish you well in this next phase of life. Hang in there as you acclimate to the new schedule.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 03:29 PM  
cpcathy

Do you dance at all? I adore dance workouts, I am addicted to Zumba Incredible Results, about three of the workouts are an hour long, but I break them into two half hour workouts. They are stress killers, that's for sure!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 03:29 PM  
3ks

I can highly recommend KCM's Trim Down and Shape Up. I am currently alternating one 30 min workout each day. Go as hard as you can. Rest when you feel it. They complete each other. Then when I have time, I do the full premixed workout of Trim Down and put together the Shape Up workouts. Whew. Done.
Old 03-04-14, 03:35 PM  
AZY
VF Supporter

BJ Gaddour DeltaFit Speed Shred - packs a lot into 30 minutes.

Supreme 90 also has shorter workouts, although realizing these get really mixed reviews here.

Enjoy your clinicals - at least you'll be moving around!

Cheers, Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 03:38 PM  
dnna

I love JMBR. or a nice break I did Keli Roberts FitPrime Lean, the music and moves are so graceful and it was a great stress buster. It comes in at 43 minutes on my timer. I love the fitprimes/kickbutts for their music and stress release. they do run about 45 though.
congratulations and praise for your hard work. when I picked my son up at college one time, 3 girls were crying - real hard crying, sobs, that they had passed a nursing exam. what a hard program. good luck in school and getting some workouts in.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 03:40 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

I love Chris Freytag's ACE Hiit series. Each workout is 30 minutes. I second the Coffey-Meyer recommendation. Finally, Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days to a Better Body is excellent too.

Good luck with school!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 04:00 PM  
starbelly

Lauren Brooks has many short workouts-- each of her videos typically has 1- 3 different workouts that are under 30 minutes. A quick warm up on your own plus 20 minutes of KB work can do a lot!

I am recovering from bronchitis and did Karen Voight's Ballet Body Sculpt. It isn't super challenging but is good for low energy days and is chaptered so you could do a few sections (under 40 minutes total run time).

I have been loving Suzanne Bowen's streaming workouts. You can select by time and/or body part. She has some total body workouts as well. I love the slow and controlled movements she uses and always have what Nuggie's Auntie calls the barre "lalalas" after. Some days I need to split my workout time and do lower body in the morning and core/upper later.

When I am stressed out I reach for Essentrics. The Strength and Stretch DVD has four 25 minute workouts and always leaves me in a better place than where I started.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 04:03 PM  
PrairieGem

My alltime favorite workout would be great for you: Amy Dixon's Women's Health Ultimate Fat Burn. It's the perfect length (38 minutes warm-up to cooldown), combines strength and cardio, and is a guaranteed mood-booster, to boot! The only potential downside... you have to enjoy TIFTT. It's a solid intermediate workout, so it won't stress you too much, but I always feel fantastic when I finish--wonderfully worked out and energized. (And nothing extraneous on the DVD either, so you won't waste any time waiting for the workout to load.)

I also second the recommendation for Cindy Whitmarsh's Ten Days to a Better Body. I find it a smidge more intense than the Amy Dixon, so it's a nice way to make sure you don't lose endurance or strength. Two workouts on one DVD, each about 35 minutes, alternating intervals of weights and cardio.
Old 03-04-14, 04:04 PM  
iheartsts

I also recommend JMBR, which all clock in at a max of 33 - 35 min or so.

Would also recommend Cindy Whitmarsh 10 Days to a Better Body.

I'm also loving Rushfit right now. Workouts are 30 min. The warmup (same on all DVDs) is 11 min. and cooldown is about 6 - 7 min, but you could easily shorten either/both.

Good luck with all you're juggling! I also love "husband maintenance"
Old 03-04-14, 04:30 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Good luck with school!

I really like the music stand idea, and I might have to steal that.

I loaded up on 30 minute workouts when I was in school a few years ago. I didn't have quite 8 hours of homework a day, but 3 credit hour classes required 6 hours of class time, so it was very time consuming.

My list:

* iTrain's iTread 20 minute workouts. They are short, but if you want to keep your running habit they will do the trick and are effective and intense.

* Cathe: 4DS, XTrain Low Impact HIIT, XT Hard Strikes (w/o core), LIS Cardio Supsets, HIIT, Afterburn (1 set only premix), actually there are plenty of ways to shorten most Cathe workouts with chapters, and doing parts.

* Chalene's CLX

* Les Mill's Combat has a several shorter workouts.

* The Supreme 90 set is mostly 30 minute workouts

Tags
40 minute workouts, deltafit speedshred, keli roberts, short cathe workouts, short workouts