Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-12, 09:23 AM  
isebelleg44

What workout fills you with such dread, that you have never done it?

I did the first phase of P90X2 workouts, but when it was time to attempt Chest, Back and Balance that was the end of P90X2 for me.

Right now I am working my way through RKS again and have never done RKS 16, even though I have done the other workouts numerous times. This time I am determined to try it. The thought of 30 minutes of snatches fills me with such dread!

What about you? What workout are you afraid of, that you never even attempted it?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 09:35 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

This is a really good question. The only one that comes to mind is Cathe's Bootcamp, which I no longer have anyway. I had the DVD long ago and never ever even tried it.

Muscle Endurance which was also on the DVD was the Cathe workout that I dreaded most, I would do it though. She used such heavy weights that I felt compelled to try and lift as heavy as I could. When I should have just used weights that were appropriate for my level.

That's one rule I have, workouts with a dread factor I don't bother with anymore, just not worth it to me.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 09:56 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I have P90X2 and haven't done it yet because just the description of the workouts alone fill me with dread. I should get rid of it, but since it focuses on functional fitness (which will become very important as I get older) I'm holding onto it with the hopes that one day it will serve its purpose.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 10:14 AM  
Breezy Trousers

I couldn't handle Michael Olajade's Aerojump, et al. Until I met Mr. Olajide, I thought I was pretty tough. I believed my body was equal to a 19-year-old's in endurance training. After jumping rope with Mr. Olajide for 20-30 minutes, I was loudly reminded that I was no longer 19. Reality check. (I realize there are older VF Amazons who probably use Olajide as an appetizer to other workouts. I'm not one of them.)

I can't do Cathe's Gym Styles, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, Pyramids, etc., but for different reasons. Cathe's traditional weight training DVDs are often too brain-numbingly repetitious/methodical for me.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 10:23 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I can't do Cathe's Gym Styles, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, Pyramids, etc., but for different reasons. Cathe's traditional weight training DVDs are often too brain-numbingly repetitious/methodical for me.
I largely agree with this, but I do like her Pyramids workout. It's the only strength workout of hers I own now. It is repetitive but the changing of the weights really helps me, and I must confess when I do it nowadays I often do the up or down premixes only. Also, gone are the days where I spend 45-60 minutes working two body parts. I used to have time to do this, but I no longer have the time or the patience. But I am also getting older and a little wiser where my workouts are concerned. I still like traditional strength training, but I am incorporating more functional fitness and kettlebell work these days. So I really only have a few traditional strength workouts now anyway. I have a handful of Firm workouts but I have always categorized those as AWTs instead of traditional.

The others yeah...I really can't stand low ends and some of the others are just full of them. No thanks...
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 10:27 AM  
Elzabee5

DreamBody. I got it in June, and did not attempt it until last week. I lasted 10 minutes, put it away, and did something else.
Elzabee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 12:56 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

When I get something through KineticFlix and still don't want to do it, I know it's off my list for good!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 02:12 PM  
PhyllisG

I don't buy workouts like that any more. I have to actually look forward to doing it before I even order it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 02:19 PM  
melzie

Cathe Slow and Heavy series. Had it for years, still wrapped 3 VHS in a box. Did them last week, and, since I don't have a 40lb dumbbell, they were rather nice and easy. Even on wonky knees.

Cathe Bootcamp wasn't so bad. I just didn't like the 1 minute format, and can no longer jump around a lot. Not just b/c of knees, but you can hear everything in this apartment and I am above someone else.

I want to order the Insanity workouts, but there is so much I can't do here. I did have a couple old P90X, can't remember which ones, but I thought there were boring.
melzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 02:57 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Imax3. Just....ain't gonna happen.

Tags
dread factor