Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-12, 09:59 PM  
lilmonkey2

How do I love thee, Kelly? Let me count the ways...

I'm previewing Step Boxing on my computer while I type this. I cannot wait to do it. It looks like such fun. The music is good, too. But what I really want to say is that Kelly is awesome.

1. She puts out workouts frequently.
2. She's very communicative about the progress of filming and shipping.
3. Shows great modifications
4. You get a lot for the money: 2 main workouts and a bunch of premixes
5. Her workouts are great quality (production, choreography, variety)
6. Most of the workouts are fun. (I don't love all of them)
7. She's genuine.

Each 30M2F release is better than the last--I really respect Kelly. She's such a pro and really seems to respect her customers and she delivers the goods.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 10:38 PM  
YogaGal

I agree with your entire list here. Kelly not only gives us great workouts that are fun (for the most part ), but you REALLY get your money's worth when you consider that each dvd has not only 2 workouts, but lots of premixes to change things up as well.

Her latest Stepboxing dvd even has additional moves in the premixes that are not in the two main workouts. I've only done the Stepboxing #1, but am looking forward to trying out everything. I've already done both workouts on Your Best Body and Start Here #2, and this entire new set of dvds is superb!
Old 01-04-12, 10:54 PM  
Tiny

+3

Waves to Carolyn

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 03:12 AM  
juberann

Agree, AGREE, AGREE!!! Kelly is the best out there, in my opinion. There is nothing I don't like about most of her workouts. I am LOVING StepBoxing and, honestly, I did not think I was going to be able to do it when she first announced she was going to be filming a 30 MTF StepBoxing workout. SO much fun!!!! Kelly really listens to what at-home exercisers are wanting, she doesn't just ask for suggestions to sound like she cares, she REALLY does care. KCM is everything I would want to be if I were an instructor. SO much variety in her workouts but nothing that isn't totally worth your time and super effective. She has struck gold with her 30 MTF series. I am FOREVER hooked
Old 01-05-12, 07:09 AM  
sjazz78

I guess you can count me in on "Team KCM" too. I just love her 30 MTF workouts. They're doable yet still work you. I know this has been already said but she has some of the best it not the best modifiers in the business. even with the great modifiers, she's so encouraging that' she'll make you want to push ajsut a little harder with each session.

Personally I consider Kelly the "Mary (of totalfitnessdvds.com fame) of the fitness instructors". And that's saying a whole lot.
That's why I'll buy her dvds without hesitation.
Old 01-05-12, 07:52 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I totally agree!

I am so glad someone here at VF turned me on to Kelly. What a great instructor! And, Lauren, her modifier, is great for those of us with knee problems. She is my fav, too. I love Cathe w/os, but my body can't take all of them. Kelly's are just right!

TLC may be my overall favorite workout, but I like the others as well.

My one complaint would be the music, but I read on her forum that she does not have the funding to pay for the rights to popular music (unlike a large company like BB). I can live with the strange music.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 09:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Kelly is the best thing to happen to Meno Middle since ... I don't know, was there ever a good thing for it?
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 11:11 AM  
fitmiller

Kelly's workouts are the type I reach for time and time again, and she just keeps getting better with time!
fitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 11:21 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogaGal View Post
Her latest Stepboxing dvd even has additional moves in the premixes that are not in the two main workouts. I've only done the Stepboxing #1, but am looking forward to trying out everything.
I did Stepboxing workout 2 with the weight drills the other day. I really liked those weight drills! I think if I wanted a quick workout ala PowerSculpt, those drills would fit the bill.

Okay, add me to the fan club too. I like Kelly's demeanor on screen (forums as well) and her intensity level is just right for me. You have the ability to make her workouts as short or as long as you want to with all the premix options. I usually don't do Lauren's modifications but I'm sure there will be a time I will. Lauren looks like she's working just as hard without the impact - I appreciate that. It drives me nuts to see a modifier going through the motions half-heartedly as I have seen in other workouts.
Old 01-05-12, 11:30 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
I'm previewing Step Boxing on my computer while I type this. I cannot wait to do it. It looks like such fun. The music is good, too. But what I really want to say is that Kelly is awesome.

1. She puts out workouts frequently.
2. She's very communicative about the progress of filming and shipping.
3. Shows great modifications
4. You get a lot for the money: 2 main workouts and a bunch of premixes
5. Her workouts are great quality (production, choreography, variety)
6. Most of the workouts are fun. (I don't love all of them)
7. She's genuine.

Each 30M2F release is better than the last--I really respect Kelly. She's such a pro and really seems to respect her customers and she delivers the goods.

I agree with everything you stated above!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer