Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-11, 11:20 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
...One day I put in about seven and Joni O'ed them all. ...
I went through 5 this a.m. b/f I found one that stuck. And I only did 30 min. of that b/f I just kinda wondered off, uninterested.

I've had several workouts that I did 1x, thought "hey, that was fun" and then thought "will I do this again....nope" and promptly traded it. Don't know why.

Anyway, I hear ya.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 11:21 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Sissy, I can't even make myself visit my friends on the island, so you know it is bad. But I will say I have spent more time on the Wii lately than on the DVD/VCR. I picked up one from Amazon, Active Explorer, that I am hoping will get me back in the game.
Well to be honest, I'm probably the one person who doesn't like Walk It Out so I haven't been to the island in forever - it irritates me. Unfortunately, right now I'm not even playing any of the games that I do love - Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, Gold's Gym Dance Workout, Just Dance/Just Dance 2. I'm hoping they will release ExerBeat and Get Fit with Mel B soon and these will help me get back on track.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 11:40 AM  
juberann

I, too, am the exact opposite. While I have a difficult time finding a workout I like, once I do, I do it over and over and over Right now, I am obsessed with KCM's workouts. I love CardioBlast and once I master the Step routine (which is SO fun and fairly simple to learn) I will do it until I wear the DVD out, then I'll buy a new one I like knowing a cardio routine by heart and then just having fun with it.
Knowing this is the way I am, I can't for the life of me figure out why I own SO many workouts, most of which I will never do
Old 05-06-11, 11:40 AM  
killoffsonny

Boy I thought I was bad. I get sick of the same dvd after two weeks. The only exception to that has been Tracy Anderson but I think the only reason for that is she doesn't talk much.
Old 05-06-11, 11:44 AM  
andtckrtoo

Hmm, I tend to go through phases. Right now it Zumba and I want to do Zumba every day. I can do the same DVD 5 days in a row. But then, I get through that phase and be SOOO sick of the DVDs associated to it, that I'll swear I never want to see them again. I've made the mistake of trading or selling off DVD's at this point. I say mistake because I tend to circle back to phases. I'll be sitting on the sofa thinking, "I haven't done X in such a long time." So, I'll go look for X, only to find I've traded it off. Now I'll only do that for ones I'm 2000% sure I won't do again - like CLX, which irritated my back big time. And even that, I sometimes find myself wondering if I should try to trade for it again. I think I'm insane.
Old 05-06-11, 11:47 AM  
cherimac

I go through phases too. I'll do all KCM, then won't touch her stuff for a bit. Same with Leslie, Slim Series, Firms, Powerfits, etc. Right now I'm trying to mix things up a bit so that doesn't happen. But, I tend to keep rotating the same types of workouts so I really shouldn't buy anything more either.
Old 05-06-11, 01:11 PM  
horsemom2

Not only do I avoid revisiting a workout, I rarely do one workout from beginning to end during a workout session!

That is why I hate buying expensive workouts or sets and usually avoid doing so.

Barb S
who has over a hundred workouts I loved but only did once or twice.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 01:21 PM  
topfitmama

I don't usually have that problem, but I will burn out on a workout after a while and shelve it.
Like Barb, I don't invest in expensive workouts or sets for that reason. Well, I should say I haven't done it yet...
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 01:37 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I hate doing repeats. I keep track of my DVD titles as I use them and at the end of the year take up a count. The most repeated DVD EVER was 12 repeats in one year. I think it was Rodney's AM Yoga for your Week, so with 5 different workouts, I didn't even repeat the same sections often.

Last year the highest repeat was a tie for 4 repeats.

I'm not sure where this came from, when I first started to exercise I was rented the same workout from the library every 3 weeks for months on end.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 01:38 PM  
jessicavi

Renda, it seems you're not the only one for whom once is enough. I think DVD retailers and etailers will be happy to know that. Over the years, I've learned (the hard way) to not do any video too often b/c I will get sick of them. So, no matter how much I like something, I put it aside for at least a month (unless it's new) before I do it again just to avoid getting the JoniO's.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dread factor, fickle, stagnation, vidiocy