Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-11, 05:48 PM  
Nessa

I just did Defining Lines and I was dripping sweat! I will always buy whatever Tracie produces. It is amazing that she seems to hit all aspects of fitness. The workouts don't "look" hard, but boy do they work you hard!

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”
Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 07:47 PM  
bonbon

THis is my next "must buy"! I love "Leaning Out"!!
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 10:00 AM  
Liz K
VF Supporter

I just did Defining Lines this morning and loved it. I do Tracie's workouts primarily for the functional fitness moves in them. I appreciate the emphasis on rotation and balance. I think they help balance out my normal Cathe workouts and help keep me from getting injured and improve my posture. These workouts also seem to get tougher the more I do them.

I really like the music Tracie uses and find it different than any other workouts I have. Tracie does a good job of having the music match the moves.

Leaning Out and Breakthru are my current favorite Tracie workouts, but I think after a couple more trys, Defined Lines may be up there too. Still have to try Weightless.

liz
Liz K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 08:09 AM  
meg39

I finally got a chance to do this workout this morning, and I bow to all of you who didn't break a sweat - I was dripping by the end of this one.

The beginning of the workout definitely has a learning curve - lots of transitions. You really have to pay attention throughout the entire workout, because she doesn't do any one move very long.

That said, last night I went to a power sculpt workout at my fitness center, and this morning I was dragging, but I did want to try out this workout. I feel nicely opened up - the workout goes thru a lot of ranges of motion. My shoulders and hips feel wonderful.

The only drawback to me (besides the warmup) was that she did the rag work with one leg, then went down and did all the floorwork and abs before she came up and did the other leg with the rag. If you needed to cut this workout short for any reason, you really need to stop before she does the first leg, or stick it thru to the end. This matters to me, because sometimes I like to save the abwork and stretch until I get home from work if I am short on time.

I also miss the chapter menu that she had on the first 4 Longevity workouts - the newer two only have 3 options - play the entire workout or either of the 2 premixes. I like to take the floorwork/legwork of the first Longevity workouts onto the end of a cardio or running workout - I guess I would just have to do one of the premixes with these last 2.

I loved it, because my tight hips and shoulders really need the range of motion types of workouts, especially on those days when I am tight and achey. I'm looking forward to doing it again in the next few days.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 10:56 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I did Defining Lines yesterday and I think it is by far her best Longevity/Focus. The only other Longevity/Focus that I haven't tried is weightless.

I agree with everything Meg said - the warmup has a learning curve and it was really weird having the rag/gliding leg part separated so much; but other than that I really thought the workout was much better than any of her other newer workouts.

No sound issues, lots of variety, moves fast. IMO it is aerobic wt training; definitely not pure cardio and not strength so if you are looking for those elements you might be disappointed.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 10:58 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg39 View Post
I also miss the chapter menu that she had on the first 4 Longevity workouts
Really? I never noticed there was a chapter menu (since the original TLPs).
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 11:16 AM  
meg39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
Really? I never noticed there was a chapter menu (since the original TLPs).
Maybe I worded this wrong - there was a listing for Chapter, and if you clicked on it, it came up with pictures of each chapter and you could scroll thru them and choose the one you wanted. I'm at work now, so I can't look at it, but I distinctly remember the little boxes with titles and how you could select the one you wanted.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 12:04 PM  
counterclockwise

I previewed this after I got it and it looks great! I am on a Tracie Long acquisition spree.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 06:40 PM  
darwin28

Ditto to loving the Longevity/Focus series, with the exception of Back Up. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into that workout.
darwin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 12:16 PM  
belle411

I finally did Defined Lines yesterday morning and loved it, but then again, I love all her w/os!

Loved the music and choreography. There is always a learning curve for me w/ her w/os, so I expect that & it doesn't bother me.

It's deceptively tough - although the moves don't seem hard at all when you're doing them, esp. w/ a med ball and/or 3 lb weight, I was SWEATING after certain segments.

And at first I was worried on the rag work segment that once we were on the floor doing abs, pushups, etc that Tracie would forget about the other side, of course I was wrong. It did seem odd that there would be such a long floor segment in between the rag sliding work but on the other hand, during the 2nd rag segment on the other leg, that second leg didn't seem as tired as it normally is when you do the rag work on both legs right after each other. But I totally understand what meg39 is saying b/c when I'm short on time, I stop at the floor section too.

I really liked the ab section a lot, and I hate ab work. Now granted, I'm not in my best shape now but I am comfortably sore.

Another thing w/ me and Tracie w/os is that the fitter I get, the harder they seem to get!

Tags
defined lines, defining lines, defining shape, focus series, leaning out, longevity, tlt, tracie long, tracie long training