Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-11, 10:20 AM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
My understanding is she can't. She apparently got screwed by her ex-partner who owns them, I think.
Ah, that sucks!
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 10:44 AM  
sgel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
That was straight Tracie/ Old school firm.
Scbayless:

When you say old school Firm do you mean all the pre-Goodtimes BBH ones or just the classics?
sgel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 10:46 AM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
So is Break Through more cardio than toning? I've been on the fence about that one. I've been looking for good, short cardios.
On Tracie's forum, a moderator has the dvds split by category for a rotation & she lists Break Through as "Cardio" along with Kick Back, Power Up & Step Forward.
FYI, Leaning Out & Defining Shape are in the "Weights" category. That leaves Staying Power, Back Up & Lift Higher as "Interval"

HTH! I'm planning a "mostly Tracie" rotation this month.

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 11:26 AM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarah View Post
On Tracie's forum, a moderator has the dvds split by category for a rotation & she lists Break Through as "Cardio" along with Kick Back, Power Up & Step Forward.
FYI, Leaning Out & Defining Shape are in the "Weights" category. That leaves Staying Power, Back Up & Lift Higher as "Interval"

HTH! I'm planning a "mostly Tracie" rotation this month.
Thanks! That's helpful.

A 'mostly Tracie' rotation is sounding like a good idea.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 11:26 AM  
Scbayless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgel4 View Post
Scbayless:

When you say old school Firm do you mean all the pre-Goodtimes BBH ones or just the classics?
Yup! I did 1,3, 4, and standing legs were the main ones I did. Also I would do weights first and strong bear from the fitprime set.

Good idea on the Tracie rotation. I think I'll do one right before the summer.

I see the TLPs show up on yayas sometimes. I know my mom has an extra copy of core foundations to trade so let me know if you are interested. I trade for her
Old 02-03-11, 11:32 AM  
AnnR33

Oh Tracie has a forum...will have to check that out.
Old 02-03-11, 11:36 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

PM'd you, Sarah.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 12:03 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarah View Post
Thank you! As a non-Firmie I don't entirely get the way The Firm and its spin-offs categorize workouts, so this was very helpful, especially since I wasn't sure where to put the Focus series.
Does it make sense to think that Weight Less (Focus) and Defined Lines (Longevity) will fall under "cardio," too? I can't tell entirely from preview and the info on Tracie's site, Collage, and TotalFitness since they haven't been released yet, but Weight Less is billed as cardio and Defined Lines seems to be mostly cardio and doesn't seem to have enough weights to be interval.
I have now planned my TLT / Longevity / Focus rotation. The question is when I can get to it...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 08:55 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
Does it make sense to think that Weight Less (Focus) and Defined Lines (Longevity) will fall under "cardio," too? I can't tell entirely from preview and the info on Tracie's site, Collage, and TotalFitness since they haven't been released yet, but Weight Less is billed as cardio and Defined Lines seems to be mostly cardio and doesn't seem to have enough weights to be interval.
I checked back at the forum - tracie's moderator (Stephanie, who is featured in one of the main photos on website with Tracie) has listed Weightless as Cardio & Defined Lines as Interval so you had good guesses!

Here is her sample rotation plan (that i plan to follow loosely):
Week One Cardio Weights Cardio Rest Interval Cardio Rest

Week Two Interval Cardio Rest Interval Weights Rest Weights

Week Three Cardio Weights Cardio Rest Interval Cardio Rest

Week Four Interval Cardio Rest Interval Weights Rest Weights

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 09:10 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
Yup! I did 1,3, 4, and standing legs were the main ones I did. Also I would do weights first and strong bear from the fitprime set.

Good idea on the Tracie rotation. I think I'll do one right before the summer.

I see the TLPs show up on yayas sometimes. I know my mom has an extra copy of core foundations to trade so let me know if you are interested. I trade for her
I love the TLP's. To me, they are the best workouts ever! Didn't the trainer at Tracie's gym, Tim Church choreograph these workouts? I would never part with these workouts. They production isn't the greatest, but the workouts are the best!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaning out, longevity, tracie long