Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-11, 08:19 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Defining Shape is my favorite Longevity DVD. I'm just not clicking with Leaning Out. I tried it once....didn't like it, then I just viewed it again..well, about half of it, and was still disappointed with it. Too much going on at the same time, which makes some moves feel really akward, rather than efficient for me.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 08:19 PM  
lorajc

I can't remember specifically but I know I enjoyed the entire thing from the warm up to the cooldown and I think I even was smiling!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 08:32 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
The TLTs did it for me too. I am actually on Tracie's site as a success story.
I need to start saving up. If your story isn't enabling, nothing is.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 09:13 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I need to start saving up. If your story isn't enabling, nothing is.
The TLTs can be found super cheap. The initial set was chaptered, but then re-released at a much lower price; the (non-chaptered ones at the low price) come in thin cases.

Thanks Sarah/Cathy for your Leaning Out info.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 10:42 PM  
Scbayless

F1mom- you can find them on yayas all the time. I think endurance for movement is her best of the set for TLT. The "abs" dvd of hers is from her TLP set and that is core foundations. That work out is MONEY! It's about the ugliest set, but it's so effective. It teaches you how to engage your core really well I feel like. I would find those two first off :-)
Old 02-02-11, 10:51 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
F1mom- you can find them on yayas all the time. I think endurance for movement is her best of the set for TLT. The "abs" dvd of hers is from her TLP set and that is core foundations. That work out is MONEY! It's about the ugliest set, but it's so effective. It teaches you how to engage your core really well I feel like. I would find those two first off :-)
I agree about Core Foundations. Excellent workout. BTW...you look fabulous! Your picture is very inspiring!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 03:59 AM  
F1mom

Thanks for the recs!
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 07:45 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
This is a little odd I guess, but another thing I love about Leaning Out is that she works out on a raised platform. Because I work out in a teeny space, it's encouraging to know she also is working in a limited space. No assumptions on the part of the instructor that I have all the room in the world for double grapevines and tons of equipment.
Not strange at all. When I looked at clips of this, that was my first reaction, too. Sometimes with hugely space-hogging workouts I wonder who they are making the workouts for, so it's nice to see people who have clearly designed the workout keeping in mind that probably most home exercisers have space limitations.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 07:47 AM  
lilmonkey2

I would love to get my hands on the TLP workouts. They always are highly recommended. Too bad Tracie won't re-release them!
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 10:02 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
I would love to get my hands on the TLP workouts. They always are highly recommended. Too bad Tracie won't re-release them!
My understanding is she can't. She apparently got screwed by her ex-partner who owns them, I think.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaning out, longevity, tracie long