Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-11, 12:17 PM  
Scbayless

Lucky star- Actually in that picture on Tracie's site I hadn't done any Cathe's yet. That was straight Tracie/ Old school firm. I'm smaller now then I was in that picture though. My abs are still recovering though from having a baby six months ago. I stopped doing Tracie while pregnant cause the rotational work wasn't comfortable on my tummy. Step and lifting was mainly what I did while pregnant because it was so much more comfortable. I'm about a six four in that picture and I'm a 1-2 now, but with a baby pooch :-)
Old 02-02-11, 12:20 PM  
Scbayless

katalina- I wondered who the other story was! I knew they must be lurking on VF somewhere. Congrats on your results! Are you liking her new stuff?
Old 02-02-11, 12:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

WOW, way to go Kathy, you look amazing too! What a transformation!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 01:02 PM  
katalina

Thanks Gina & Sarah!

Sarah, Congrats to you as well! That's terrific about being smaller now. I'm still holding on to those 20# I mentioned on Tracie's site.

I was disappointed with the sound issues with the first Longevity workouts. I get into a 'zone' when I'm working out and the fluctuating sound issues drove me bonkers. I was thrilled that everything was fine with Leaning Out and have high hopes for Defined Lines (the preview looks great!). I only purchased two of her Focus workouts and while I like Lift Higher, I was indifferent towards Reach Further. I eventually hope to acquire a few more of those but I'm needing to be really selective with my workout dollars.

Kathy
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 01:04 PM  
Scbayless

Kick back is totally worth getting out of the focus set. I really like that one. Break through is a ton of fun and a lot like BBBB from the TLT set. I am enjoying that as a add on to other work outs for a cardio boost.
Old 02-02-11, 01:21 PM  
acey

This is a little odd I guess, but another thing I love about Leaning Out is that she works out on a raised platform. Because I work out in a teeny space, it's encouraging to know she also is working in a limited space. No assumptions on the part of the instructor that I have all the room in the world for double grapevines and tons of equipment.
Old 02-02-11, 01:29 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Cathy and Sarah - You both look fantastic!!!!

Sarah - I can't imagine your abs being any smaller than that picture. I love your abs.

So do you think Leaning Out is a big improvement over her other Longevity DVDs? (specifically - BackUp) - I still have BackUp and StepForward and the sound issues drive me nuts too. How does LO compare intensity-wise to BackUp? Do you how the preorder one will compare? I wish she would go back to the 55-60 minute time frame.

I bought Focus BreakThru and it IS a huge improvement over the other Focus DVDs (I didn't like any of them) but I didn't find it all that intense; prefer Patrick Play Ball. I thought it was somewhat shoulder intense and for HR, I think the TLT BBB worked better.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 05:04 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
This is a little odd I guess, but another thing I love about Leaning Out is that she works out on a raised platform. Because I work out in a teeny space, it's encouraging to know she also is working in a limited space. No assumptions on the part of the instructor that I have all the room in the world for double grapevines and tons of equipment.
I have limited space, too, but that dias she is working on makes me nervous! I keep worrying she'll fall off. Silly, I know, because obviously she wouldn't, but still...

Seriously, though, that is one major frustration of mine with Cathe videos. I really have to modify sometimes because I just don't have the space. It's frustrating.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 06:48 PM  
katalina

Thanks Barb!

I'm afraid I can't really compare Leaning Out to the other Longevity workouts. The only one I do every so often is Staying Power (that was my favorite of the bunch), but the sound issues keep me from doing it as often as I would if the sound wasn't an issue.

I love everything about Leaning Out -- wouldn't change a thing. The preview for Defined Lines looks just as great *fingers crossed*

Kathy
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 07:54 PM  
Scbayless

I agree. I wasn't so in love with the first longevity set, but this is great. Good sound. I like the giant "lazy susan" set. I think she's pretty great in cueing. Moves are fun. This one is for sure a winner. I hope the next ones are just as fun. They just remind me more of the TLT set.

Tags
leaning out, longevity, tracie long