Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-10, 08:43 PM  
juberann

Tracie Long's Leaning Out..chaptered??

Have my eye on this one but am wondering if it's chaptered, allowing for a shorter workout? Premixes would be wonderful,as well. Can't find any information on whether chapters or premixes are on this one! Thanks!!!
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 09:11 PM  
katalina

There are two premixes on this one. I've not done them yet - just did the overall workout today for the first time. Loved it!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 09:19 PM  
cardiomama

Yes, it is chaptered (11 total). There are 2 premixes (although the workout cover & DVD calls them chapters), Lift is 20 mins. long total body strength, and Flab Fighter is a 10 min. floor workout (focused on chest, back & abs). I have done roughly 30 mins. of the full workout (standing segment), after the warm-up, there is resistance exercises (repeating rounds, hit all major muscle groups, common exercises: dead lifts, lunge sequence, plies w/ biceps curls, lunge & single arm overhead press), and then cardio exercises (repeating rounds of athletic cardio) that starts at about 13-15 minutes into the standing segment of the workout. I did not try the floor segment yet, but even doing half of the workout was nice. Tracie has mostly combination exercises, unilateral focus for much of it (but both sides, too), balance focus & different tempos (pulses, slower/larger range of motion).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 10:55 PM  
juberann

Oh boy, those sound great!! even the 10 minute quickie premix, perfect for adding onto a cardio routine or walk I am thinking I will be getting this one, I love Tracie!
Old 12-30-10, 10:56 PM  
juberann

So, girls, are the cardio segments easy to follow? I know Tracie's choreography usually isn't too tricky, just want to make sure it's not in this one, as well. I like SUPER simple choreography
Old 12-30-10, 11:13 PM  
cardiomama

Yes, I think most people would not have issues picking up the choreography, very athletic in nature & w/ repetition for the multiple rounds. The rounds repeat some base exercises done w/ 4 reps (marches> triple over to other side, mambo/step front & back>triples, front kick>, back kick>front kick>squat w/ punches to the front). Some of the other exercises are scissors (split lunge jumps) fast & slow w/ 2 pulses before switching sides, , fast side step out (not quite a tap, but more of a quick squat) w/ jump in the transition, jumping jacks (low-w/o arms, then high- w/arms) fast pace & slow to make it more of a plyo jump.
Old 12-30-10, 11:29 PM  
meg39

I finally received mine today, can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the review!
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 10:26 AM  
amalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
So, girls, are the cardio segments easy to follow? I know Tracie's choreography usually isn't too tricky, just want to make sure it's not in this one, as well. I like SUPER simple choreography
I frequently describe myself as "dance impaired" and I had no trouble with the choreography in the cardio. Go for it!
Old 12-31-10, 11:53 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Does the cardio have a lot of impact?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 12:51 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Does the cardio have a lot of impact?
Aside from the jumping jacks, plyos & split lunges jumps, most of it is low impact. Tracie does cue that people can do low impact for those exercises, but I don't remember if she said what people should do in place of it, like taps to the side or back (may be she assumes, people doing her workouts would already know a modification for high impact but it could be in the workout, I just don't recall exactly what was cued).

Tags
leaning out, longevity, premix, tracie long