Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-19, 11:23 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

When I went home last night I actually found the little metal charging contact that had fallen out of my Fitbit One. I super glued it back in and it charged right up and is counting my steps I just love that little Fitbit One. I'm irritated with Fitbit for discontinuing it

I had already ordered the watch Lanette had recommended so I will try that out and compare how it counts my steps and see if I can get used to wearing a watch full time
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 11:53 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
When I went home last night I actually found the little metal charging contact that had fallen out of my Fitbit One. I super glued it back in and it charged right up and is counting my steps I just love that little Fitbit One. I'm irritated with Fitbit for discontinuing it

I had already ordered the watch Lanette had recommended so I will try that out and compare how it counts my steps and see if I can get used to wearing a watch full time
I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 12:39 PM  
red1013

Quote:
I'm irritated too (love my Fitbit One!), but of course if they keep making simple trackers then they can't charge more money like they do for the ones with all the bells and whistles. I can't wear a watch/bracelet of any kind (makes my arm break out), so I don't know what I'll do when this one dies.
Old 11-15-19, 01:27 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Jill what did you end up getting? .
I haven’t gotten a replacement yet as my Charge 2 still works. I really loved the One. I like the Fitbit interface, but am so hesitant to get another fitbit because it seems there are quality issues, and I don’t want a smart watch.
Old 11-15-19, 02:47 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I'm irritated too (love my Fitbit One!), but of course if they keep making simple trackers then they can't charge more money like they do for the ones with all the bells and whistles. I can't wear a watch/bracelet of any kind (makes my arm break out), so I don't know what I'll do when this one dies.
That sucks. I did find a couple on Amazon that were simple & clipped on but they were HUGE so definitely no putting it on your bra and it would be obvious even on a pocket.
Old 11-20-19, 09:54 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Well I got my watch and have it all set up.* Very nice looking and seems like a quality product.* I did not realize though that it doesn't start counting steps until you've been walking for awhile.* *I guess in my mind I was thinking that it just didn't "register" them until after a few steps but it literally does not count incidental steps which makes it a little hard to track your daily count.* I don't really need to know how many steps are in an actual workout - I want to know my overall steps for the day.* * I've done a few tests comparing the two and get different counts every time. On one test my Fitbit said I walked 417 steps, the watch said I walked 564.* The next test Fitbit said I walked 1012, the watch said I walked 765. *Questionable on how accurate the watch is, for me anyway.* I've done a lot of testing of the Fitbit One over the years and feel like it is fairly accurate. Plus I like it's simplicity - I don't need all the bells & whistles of a smartwatch.

Another drawback is that I work on a computer all day and have a wrist rest so the watch band kind of digs into my skin and is annoying.**

On a positive note, the heart rate seems fairly accurate.

Let's hope my charging contact that I superglued back into my Fitbit stays until some company decides to make a replacement for the Fitbit One

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-20-19, 10:35 AM  
Lannette

I’m really sorry you aren’t happy with the tracker. You are correct. It doesn’t count your first 10 steps if you’ve been sitting for a while. That’s supposed to cancel out erroneous steps that it may pick up. It’s been spot on with distances for me. I feel badly for recommending it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 11-20-19, 11:07 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I’m really sorry you aren’t happy with the tracker. You are correct. It doesn’t count your first 10 steps if you’ve been sitting for a while. That’s supposed to cancel out erroneous steps that it may pick up. It’s been spot on with distances for me. I feel badly for recommending it.
Oh gosh no you shouldn't feel bad Lannette! That's why we have so many choices - what works for one person may not work for another person You might not like my Fitbit One. It really is a quality watch in look & feel. It was also very easy to set up. I'm just more of a simple is better person and really just need a pedometer

It's funny because I'm a computer software programmer but sometimes I just like simple, low-tech things...HAHA!
Old 11-20-19, 01:15 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
.... I feel badly for recommending it.
A food blogger I like has mentioned something very similar to this one on her kid's gift list this year so I'm honestly thrilled you mentioned your experiences. There seem to be lots of similar models, apparently cashing in on the need for something with a reasonable price.

I haven't bought one only because I don't have a smart phone and have no idea how to manage the more technical side of things. (only have a PC)
Old 11-20-19, 01:24 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
You might not like my Fitbit One.
That makes me smile because before I retired I won a Fitbit One and disliked the app. I ended up putting it in our local recycling center.

With this tracker I most use and value the phone and text notifications and alarms. I check the sleep function daily. I use the heart rate and look at the step function but don’t worry about actual fitness tracking too much. The distance tracking is spot on for me so I’m not too worried about the actual steps. I think a lot of our satisfaction depends upon what our priority functions are.

It also plays well with STRAVA. I use that function when we hike and will use it when we cross country ski.

Tags
fitbit, fitbits, fitness tracker, fitness trackers, garmin