Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-16, 09:14 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Why would you go to the PO??? The onus is on them. If they wanted it back, they should have arranged to come pick it up from you. Otherwise, it's yours to keep.(yes, legally).
I had already received the refund. I have to pick up any large packages at the PO anyway and had to go to refuse it. It didn't feel right to keep something I hadn't paid for. Even if I did have the legal right to keep it.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 10:06 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper77 View Post
Anyone having trouble receiving theirs? I ordered April 15, got shipping confirmation may 10, but it arrived at my local ups and said 'returning to sender inadequate address information.' Since then I've emailed three times and customer service takes like three days and then gives me the same tracking number again and does not pay attention to my question that. That one is being returned to sender so what are they doing to fix that:/. I do want it but I'm really frustrated and feel like just cancelling the whole thing.
I had the exact trouble that you are describing though I did finally receive mine. Their customer service department is not great - I think they're well meaning but a little in over their heads with the volume of orders IMO. I had to finally call and talk to someone to get my question answered. Ashley is going to have to fix this or it's not going to be good for her business ultimately.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 10:14 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-...on-tx-90029147
Old 05-27-16, 02:23 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I had the exact trouble that you are describing though I did finally receive mine. Their customer service department is not great - I think they're well meaning but a little in over their heads with the volume of orders IMO. I had to finally call and talk to someone to get my question answered. Ashley is going to have to fix this or it's not going to be good for her business ultimately.
Wow, I had just the opposite experience. I had to wait for the delivery of my first FB because of a back order situation. My initial FB broke. They replaced it relatively quickly, updating me every step of the way. If you're having issues I'd try being a squeaky wheel.

NoraKate you crack me up. It appears that warning people (who BTW, are capable of making adult decisions) about Ashley Black has become your life's work.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 02:51 PM  
Swissmom

I received mine a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I use it in the sauna 2x per week. Glad I purchased it. I mainly got it for sciatica. Also, I have been doing Carol Maggio's No Lipo lipo technique for a long time so I use this in place of my knuckles and it really does the job. I waited three weeks for mine and I used the UPS my choice app to let me know when it was being delivered.
Swissmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 02:10 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

For anyone looking for a tool for just pain management, I highly recommend a gua sha massage tool. I discovered this tool on Ashley Horner's FB forum after someone asked what tool her PT was using on her ankle. Someone who used to work for a chiropractor told us what it is. Wow! It's an amazing tool for pain management. I bought mine through Amazon.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-16, 05:14 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
For anyone looking for a tool for just pain management, I highly recommend a gua sha massage tool. I discovered this tool on Ashley Horner's FB forum after someone asked what tool her PT was using on her ankle. Someone who used to work for a chiropractor told us what it is. Wow! It's an amazing tool for pain management. I bought mine through Amazon.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm always looking for reasonably priced tools that I can recommend. When I plug qua sha massage tool into the Amazon search a bunch of slightly different tools come up. Is there a certain shape that's more helpful?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 05-29-16, 09:02 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm always looking for reasonably priced tools that I can recommend. When I plug qua sha massage tool into the Amazon search a bunch of slightly different tools come up. Is there a certain shape that's more helpful?
I bought this kit:
http://www.amazon.com/HEARTCANFEEL-S..._2_a_it&sr=8-2

and then this:
http://www.amazon.com/Senreal-Scrapi..._3_a_it&sr=8-3

The gua tool at the top of the picture in the kit is the one that I use the most on me. It's a perfect size and shape for me.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-16, 11:13 AM  
baba

ok I am totally late to this obsession! Can someone tell me more. Like is the FB worth it or does the less expensive Lure/Gaiam product work? Does the FB come with a manual? Is this duplicative of using a foam roller or YTU balls? Thanks!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-16, 01:56 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I bought this kit:
http://www.amazon.com/HEARTCANFEEL-S..._2_a_it&sr=8-2

and then this:
http://www.amazon.com/Senreal-Scrapi..._3_a_it&sr=8-3

The gua tool at the top of the picture in the kit is the one that I use the most on me. It's a perfect size and shape for me.
Thank you so much! I have a current client with foot and ankle issues. The FB is too big for the problem area so I've been using my fingers to release the area. She may be able to use the qua tool at home so she can go longer between sessions or even get sustained relief.

Tags
ashley black guru, bad customer service, fascia, fascia blaster, gua sha massage tool, lure massage tool, massage, myofascial self-release, pain relief, recovery