Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-15, 09:22 PM  
MARIKA

Beauty Thread 2016

Can you believe another year is over? Mine was the most craziest in a long time but ended on a good note My latest finds are the new Hair Perfecter that splits in half and becomes a straightener. I also just got the Chi curling iron that doesn't open but is split so you slide your in Verdict is out on this still.
Old 12-31-15, 09:27 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

2015 was a horrible skin year for me. What was once perfect skin turned to problematic constant breakouts (I'm 37). Recently added Retinol to my skincare routine. Seems to have helped tremendously!

2016 will be about keeping my skin clear and implementing products to fade the scarring that these breakouts caused. Any suggestions welcome!
Old 01-01-16, 06:10 PM  
MARIKA

Glamgal I used to battle breakouts until I discovered Philosophy and CLARISONIC! These really were a game changer for me. Also when using makeup even if it says non comogenic (sp), it can still cause me problems so I stay away from most foundations.
Old 01-01-16, 07:40 PM  
SeptemberGirl

If argan oil has been previously mentioned, apologies. I bought one of the Josie Maran Argan Oil kits recently from QVC and have been using argan oil every night before bed on my face and so far, no breakouts (I break out very easily and have combo skin) and my skin tone has evened out too. I had been nervous to use anything with oil because of what it could do to my pores but the argan oil has been great.
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 08:04 PM  
runnermom

Retinoid?

I got a Philosophy miracle worker trial size kit with the retinoid pads in them and I love them! I don't love the price tag though- can anyone recommend a retinoid that is less expensive? Or is this one of those you-get-what-you-pay-for things?
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 08:18 PM  
videofit

I like Simple Micellar Water for the "first pass" at removing makeup (not eye makeup). Not oily or greasy. Have no idea why it works since it seems like it wouldn't. It isn't strong enough to completely remove makeup but enough so that I can finish the job by washing my face.
Old 01-24-16, 09:31 PM  
MARIKA

Any recs for an awesome razor? I have always been very particular about blades. So much that I found mens to be so better than any company geared to women. However now even the Mach 3 I used to love is so much cheaper. I put in a new blade today I was really like WTH?? this blows. Plus they are not cheap
Old 01-25-16, 02:08 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I think this was discussed last year but I cannot find the posts.
I was wondering about the round heated brushes. I think they dry and style so you do not need a separate brush but correct me if I am wrong.
Are they used to straighten or curl hair or does it depend how you use it?

There are also paddle shaped heated brushes that are supposed to be for straightening but I think your hair has to be dry before you use it. I am trying to skip the straight iron step entirely and they get mixed reviews on Amazon.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 02:20 PM  
54sneakers
VF Supporter

Another vote for the Clarisonic...I've been using it for years and my face just doesn't feel clean without it. I also use the Purity and Microdelivery stuff too and love Josie's argan oil. I alternate that with Philosophy's Hope in the Jar.

I use the Venus blades...I'm not crazy about them either. I had a coupon so I tried it, but don't think I will repurchase. I'd be interested to hear about any good ones too.

As far as the heated brush...I got the Perfector from QVC and I did not like it. I gave it to my sister and she loves it so I guess YMMV. I'm went back to using the flat iron, but only once a week and so far so good - my 62 year old head of hair is hanging in there.
54sneakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 02:21 PM  
Gams

I am MADLY in love with my Conair Fashion Curl Automatic Curler. I love the way my hair turns out! I wasn't expecting it to be much different from my curling iron, but it's fantastic - I can't say enough good things about it.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, paulas choice