Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-15, 06:17 PM  
marya

For lower legs and feet, Ginette Hamel (Stability with Mobility vol. 1). Ms. Hamel is a physical therapist who works with dancers of The National Ballet of Canada. Her exercises have strengthened my feet and toes like none other, and I love how she works the calves from different angles and with a stretch band--not just the same old calf raises.

For shoulders, J.B. Bernes. For joints in general, Lee Holden. Their moves make sense to me--very user-friendly; no weird angles or positions and no strain.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 08:00 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Gary Kraftsow Viniyoga - I did his two videos when I had lower back issues and I could not do anything else without setting off lower back spasms. At this time I also used Stuart McGill's books and Pete Egoscue

As I had less spasms I progressed to Jill Miller yoga therapy balls and Katy Bowman. I like all of their books and videos. They really help tight lower back and hips. I really like Jill's Yoga Tuneup as it quickly loosens up whatever is tight.

One other surprise for me was using the Barre 3 workouts. I use these now to lengthen out my lower back. I think because she had lower back issues Sadie has a good understanding of how to lengthen and stretch back and hips. Just did this today. I have not gotten the book yet but may still get that.
Old 05-08-15, 10:14 AM  
iheartsts

Chantal Donnelly - Strong Knees -- helped my knees after Insanity tweaked them...
Old 05-08-15, 11:17 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
For shoulders, J.B. Bernes. For joints in general, Lee Holden. Their moves make sense to me--very user-friendly; no weird angles or positions and no strain.
JB's shoulder section in Rehab Your Own Body (aka Freedom Restoration) is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsts View Post
Chantal Donnelly - Strong Knees -- helped my knees after Insanity tweaked them...
I have Strong Knees and use it regularly.

I forgot, DH really likes Priscilla Patrick's Lower Back Repair Kit Yoga. He says it helps like nothing else. He can do it when he is in pain.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 11:24 AM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

Strangely enough, Tony Horton, because he got me to use my Rumble Roller on a daily basis.
Old 05-08-15, 01:09 PM  
jerebo

I think everyone I use has been mentioned already, but I wanted to say thank you for this thread. Lately it seems I am more interested in rehab videos than in actual "workout" videos (not to say that rehab can't count as a workout).
Old 05-08-15, 02:00 PM  
mercedes

I can think of two others

Yamuna - I think she was one of the first to use ball therapy
Debbie Siebers & Chad Waterbury - BB total Body Solution
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 03:04 PM  
anik

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
For lower legs and feet, Ginette Hamel (Stability with Mobility vol. 1). Ms. Hamel is a physical therapist who works with dancers of The National Ballet of Canada. Her exercises have strengthened my feet and toes like none other, and I love how she works the calves from different angles and with a stretch band--not just the same old calf raises.
Hi Marya,

Could you possibly tell me how long this DVD is? Is it a follow-along workout or mostly instructional video? Where is the best place to purchase this DVD (other than at stabilitywithmobility.com – it looks like something is wrong with that website)? The price seems quite high, is it really worth it? Recently I have been having recurring knee and ankle issues/pain and badly need something that will help me with those.

Thank you very much in advance.
anik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 08:17 PM  
Orlita

Jill Miller. She is a genius. Loved her work so much that I became a Yoga Tune Up instructor.
I'm just now exploring Kelly Starrett's offerings after seeing him in her latest DVD.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-15, 10:42 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Barbara Benagh has a great SI joint section in her Yoga For Stress Relief.

I really don't care for her two newer videos.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erhard rohrmüller, esther gokhale, injuries, injury prevention, lee holden, prehab, rehab guru, rehabilitation, somatic yoga, thomas hanna