Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-10, 02:01 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalia View Post
I did Leaning Out yesterday.
It was tough, but good, and I definitely have DOMS today.
Tracie was her usual "all-business" self, but her cueing was right on; I didn't have much trouble following anything, even the cardio segment, and I am definitely dance-impaired.
After the warm-up there's a heavy-ish weights section, then extended cardio, more weights, and at that point my memory is a little weak today. There is killer floorwork (floorwork always makes me want to cry!) at the end and some really good ab work as well. This workout is definitely not one to use your heaviest weights on- I used my 8s, 10s, and 12s (which are usually mid-range for me), and they were plenty heavy; on some of the quicker moves I was even leery of having the 8s.
I thought that overall it was quite good. Let me know if there are any more specific questions I can try to answer.
Thanks for the information! Sounds good so far. Is there a lot of balance work? Are the moves combination moves where she combines a lower body with an upper body move? One other question - did you feel a cardio effect from the weights?

Thanks again,
Nat
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 02:26 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalia View Post
I did Leaning Out yesterday.
I thought that overall it was quite good. Let me know if there are any more specific questions I can try to answer.
Thanks for your comments on the workout. How would you compare the intensity of Leaning Out to her other Longevity workouts?
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 04:03 PM  
amalia

Let's see...yes, there is some balance work, and you definitely get some cardio from combined upper and lower moves with weights. My heart rate definitely stayed in the working range though the key parts of the workout.

I honestly can't compare it to the other longevity workouts- I just got them. Once I've played with them some, I'll be sure to let you know.
Old 12-28-10, 06:24 PM  
cardiomama

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the workouts, amalia. I have not tried these yet because I am working on a rotation, and they don't really fit into what I'm focusing on. But I'll try to do them this week, and post some thoughts on them.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 09:13 PM  
Fitstick

Has anyone else tried Leaning Out?
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 01:14 PM  
Liz K
VF Supporter

Leaning Out

Did this one last night and really enjoyed it. I felt very nice when I was finished. This is definitely a feel good workout for me.

I'd been sick the past week and am just getting back into my regular routine and decided to do a week of Tracie's workouts since they always make me feel good. I'm not a 100% yet.

This is my favorite of the Longevity workouts. I really enjoyed the music and thought the balance was good this time. It was louder than my other Longevities but I had no problem hearing Tracie's cues. Tracie cues well and even though I didn't preview the workout I had no issues following along. The warmup starts out gently with some lunges and twisting movements but I was plenty warmed up by the time the first weight segment started. There is some jumping in the cardio segments but I think it would be easy to change it to low impact.

She throws in some some of her standard moves such as triples but there is some new stuff also. I like how she includes the balance and functional things also. Such as lunging down to pick up a dumb bell, then lifting it, setting it down, and lunging back to standing.

Must also say Tracie looks amazing in this workout. Still have to do the Focus workout.

Liz
Liz K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 09:13 PM  
katalina

Did this one today for the first time. Loved everything about it!!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
break through, focus, focus series, leaning out, longevity, tracie long