Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-30-14, 07:04 PM  
5pugmom

I just got this set last night and watched them this morning. It looks fun! I have only been doing barre workouts for about 3 weeks, but already notice my body changing. I have been doing Barre amped and Tracey Mallet. Both really good, but much more low key. I thought the outfits were fun. I made a point of checking them out because of all of the comments I have read in reference to them, then I never noticed them again.
I will say I had a problem with one of the dvds not playing for me. I contacted the company this morning, and within 20 minutes I had a response AND the tracking number for a replacement they already sent. That is awesome service. I think for $30 for all 3 DVD's it's a steal. Especially since most of the other dvds I bought recently were around $20 each.
5pugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-14, 07:53 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Yes, they are definitely a good value. I didn't find the sound quality to be very good, but it's hard to complain when you're really only paying $10 a video!

Of the three, I liked Original Butt the least, and not just because of the obnoxiously in-your-face (though lovely and perky) green bum. I probably liked Cardio Butt School the most, because it was shorter! And Hardcore was... well, hard.

Though like I said, I didn't click with them and traded them away with no remorse.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-14, 09:30 PM  
5pugmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Yes, they are definitely a good value. I didn't find the sound quality to be very good, but it's hard to complain when you're really only paying $10 a video!

Of the three, I liked Original Butt the least, and not just because of the obnoxiously in-your-face (though lovely and perky) green bum. I probably liked Cardio Butt School the most, because it was shorter! And Hardcore was... well, hard.

Though like I said, I didn't click with them and traded them away with no remorse.
Thank you by the way for all of your helpful feed back a couple weeks ago when I was trying to get started with barre workouts. I am starting to understand why you love these workouts so much!! I have paired them with my boxing cardio and some Core Fusion pilates segments here and there and i can't BELIEVE my body is changing so much already. Talk about motivation to keep going!! Thanks again!
Old 01-30-14, 09:46 PM  
SueT

5pugmom, which boxing workouts are you pairing with the barre workouts? How often are you doing the boxing? I'm mixing my kickboxing workouts with Ballet Beautiful, and today I did Ballet Fitness by Jennee, and I realized that's really a great workout!

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-14, 11:25 PM  
5pugmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
5pugmom, which boxing workouts are you pairing with the barre workouts? How often are you doing the boxing? I'm mixing my kickboxing workouts with Ballet Beautiful, and today I did Ballet Fitness by Jennee, and I realized that's really a great workout!

Thanks,
Sue
I have been doing Illaria Powerstrikes 5 and 6 (I do them on the heavy bag) and then a few of the Michael Olajide on the bag. I do cardio 4 days a week, sometimes 5. I'm one of those people who has to do cardio if I have any hope of losing weight. I am going to order the new Susan Chung #4. It looks like that one can be done on the bag. But both of the powerstrikes are awesome workouts with no bag. I just really like beating the crap out of the bag. It's very Zen!
Old 01-30-14, 11:34 PM  
SueT

I have the Rapidfire 4 workout, and I think you'll like it a lot. I don't have a heavy bag, though, but I think it would work with that for most of the moves. I really like all of Susan Chung's workouts. They're just the right intensity for me.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-14, 06:25 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pugmom View Post
Thank you by the way for all of your helpful feed back a couple weeks ago when I was trying to get started with barre workouts. I am starting to understand why you love these workouts so much!! I have paired them with my boxing cardio and some Core Fusion pilates segments here and there and i can't BELIEVE my body is changing so much already. Talk about motivation to keep going!! Thanks again!
Yay! So glad to share the barre love!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-14, 08:36 PM  
kali

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I'm starting to get a little more into Fusion and Barre workouts. Target had 2 Pop Physique DVDs for $12.99 each today. A little research and I found the set at Amazon for 29.99 for 3 DVDs. So right now I'm looking for them on the exchange board along with Ballet Physique Amped Up. I tried Barre a long time ago with the Bar Method and Fluidity. Just couldn't get into them. But Ballet Physique and Pop Physique look more modern and fun. Thoughts would be appreciated
Pop Physique is marketed towards 20's to early 30something "hipster" types, hence the American Apparel-esque look not to mention the fact that both American Apparel & Pop Physique both got their start in LA, specifically the Silver Lake/Echo Park area. Nonetheless, it's a thorough workout, and if I had to compare it to another "boutique" barre brand, it would most closely resemble P57, Dailey Method and Pure Barre in terms of the moves, sequence, and intensity (I still think P57 is the hardest, though Pop Physique Hardcore is up there). That said, the instructors seem the least "warm," or personable (Pure Barre's Carrie Rezabeck comes second, IMO) and they tend to shout their instructions, "Hold it! Fight it, FIGHT IT!". The background set could be a little bit more interesting, and actually, I'm looking forward to seeing the new graffiti-style set in their upcoming DVD's.
Tanya Becker of P57 shouts too, but it's more fun/silly stuff like, "Ugh-uh, cellulite doesn't like that burn!" which, for me personally, helps me work through the pain.

The price on Amazon is the best price for Pop Physique, and having seen the prices for most of the barre DVD's out there, it's a good investment. (I paid $30 for just one Dailey Method DVD-yikes! But this was back when there weren't that many "boutique" barre DVD's to choose from. Though the DVD is close in intensity to a live class). I don't regret buying any of these, and I rotate them. However, I don't consider Pop Physique to be cardio, Tracey Mallett and Xtend are the ones that get my heart rate up, so ignore the word "cardio" in the DVD title. Perhaps it's a a matter of which instructor style you prefer. Hope this helps.

Additionally, I would refer to this thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ighlight=barre

Tags
ballet physique, barre, pop physique