Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-06, 05:36 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Chris and Shelley - Welcome! Glad to hear from both ends of the spectrum, long-time lurker and new joiner. I hope you continue to find info that is useful to you.

Shelley, if you are interested in getting to know people, you may want to check out the section of the forum with check ins and challenges. They are small groups formed around a specific theme and check in with each other on a regular basis. The criteria vary from group to group as to how often they restart their check in. Chris, it sounds like you have already found them since you referred to the Every Day in January.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 06:06 PM  
ssgilby

Thanks!

Hi, Laura! Thanks for the welcome and for the tips! I'll check it out!

Shelley Gilbertson
Melrose, MN
ssgilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 03:49 PM  
nmffnurse

Hi guys,

I'm 29 soon to be 30 in a few months from Chicago. Prior Military, now a working mom. Am a nurse in reallife so I am constantly on my feet at work. When I get home I am so tired I just want to rest with baby and I don't feel the urge to exercise, but I know I have to get out of that habit.

I joined a few months ago but mainly been a lurker. Decided to finally get serious and get back to prepregnancy shape. I usually run and bike but with baby it's hard to leave the house. I've gotten some Dvd's- I like TurboJam alot. I also have Carmen Electra's Stripper Dvd' s but from what everyone says I should have saved my money! Have QuickFix Cardio-Hip hop workout and Dance Fitness for Beginners- Urban Street Heat. I really love dance videos! If you guys have any suggestions or can point me to a thread that has dance exercise videos that don't take a lot of time that would be perfect! I also have Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD's. I sortof find them boring......but when baby is fussy and doesn't want to settle down with dad the only workout I can do is WATP. I will put him in my Baby Bjorn and am able to do the Walk Away the Pounds with him. He loves it! I used to do them when I was pregnant since it was easy on my body. But my working out has been sporadic since baby.It's time for me to get serious and hopefully with motivation from a board like this I can actually stick with it!

Joined the Moms in motions thread...jumping in head first here! Hope to have people that will hold me accountable when it comes to exercise!
nmffnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 04:44 PM  
ooty

Howdy Newbies...

Welcome nmffnurse, Shelley, Chris ( yay to CC, I have seen you a little at CC forum, garfield avatar?), Jess and cozzanna..

Kinda strapped for time, but wanted to say hai to you all.

Howdy my lovely buddies who take the time to welcome the newcomers...Laura, new2me and Leslie...
Old 01-08-06, 05:09 PM  
Momma

Hey all!

I am a 22 year old, soon to be 23 on the 17th, education student from Boise ID. I have lost 100lbs in the last 2 years with the help of Weight Watchers and workout tapes, Yourself Fitness Program and recently fittv. I love to cook and watch Food Network and recently got Mastercook 9 and a KitchenAid mixer for christmas.

I am excited to find a forum where I can get good recommendations on fitness videos and also a new support system.

I am going to finally hit my goal of 150lbs this year so I am hoping the knowledge I gain here will help me do that.

Anyways I hope I will be able to be a good contributor to this forum and hope to get to know you all.
Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 05:11 PM  
ooty

Welcome Momma! Congratulations on your achievement! You are a determined young woman and I am very impressed with your weight loss!
Old 01-08-06, 06:31 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Hi and welcome to VF Chris (out of lurkdom), Shelley, nmffnurse, and Momma (congrats on your weight loss!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmffnurse
Am a nurse in reallife so I am constantly on my feet at work.
nmffnurse, I empathize with you--I'm not a mom, but I'm a nurse in real life too, and am constantly on my feet at work. Like you, I'm exhausted after those long understaffed work shifts at the hospital and I work hard to make exercise a priority in my personal life. More similarities: you run--I jog and we both like Turbo Jam alot!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 06:32 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
Howdy my lovely buddies who take the time to welcome the newcomers...Laura, new2me and Leslie...

Howdy Ooty!!!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 07:10 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome nmffnurse! You will find a lot of others here frustrated by time contstraints. So, you've come to the right place for support. It's great you have found a check in. When I first joined, I did workouts some days just so I'd have workouts to report at the end of the week. I hope you find yours motivational!

Hi Momma - Wow. Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great! Just watch your credit cards around here! You'll hear about more good workouts that you'll have time to do. Good luck on your continued fitness journey.

Ooty - Hi! It's always good to see you around VF. Glad to see you have defrosted from your 5K (which, seriously, was inspirational and fun to read).

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 08:10 PM  
Momma

Hehe, Laura. Yeah I know that's why I have netflix to try out the recommendations before I buy them.

Thanks for the welcome ladies!
Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread