Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-13, 11:53 AM  
rosepetals

Barre Amped DVDs

I haven't seen much written about the actual workouts review wise. My workouts went by the wayside for a bit, so I am working on getting back on track. My muscles are sore today from the workouts I have done this week which include, indoor recumbent bike work, doing T.A.'s 9th month pregnancy workout and Ellen Barrett's Floor workout.

Today I did the first DVD in the set called Basics. The Barre workout ran 20 minutes. Suzanne Bowen offered lots of helpful workout tips at a slow pace, kind of like an introduction. The first 15 minutes was barre work for the quads and hamstrings, glutes. The number of reps were enough that me being out of shape was able to complete easily. It wasn't so many that you are exhausted and shaking like other workouts.

It was very beginner like. It was followed by a 5 min. stretch. I think for most people here the basic workout is probably too easy. For me I kind of enjoyed it knowing I can add on a yoga workout, classical stretch, or other type of workout of more intensity. The first workout is definitely for waking up the muscles gently on a lighter workout day. Even though my muscles have been really sore, this workout did not affect them in a negative way. It made them feel looser, relaxed. In comparison to Barre3, the first DVD was much easier.

I will try to post on the other DVDs in the set as I get to them.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre amped, body by jake, suzanne bowen