Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-12, 01:56 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Violet, welcome glad to have you join us. You might want to check out the 'Share the Wealth' threads. VFers post lists of workouts they are giving away for the cost of 'postage', ie sending them a SASE, usually around $2? plus the envelopes. Hope that helps.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 10:38 AM  
Violet

patchworkpenguin, how would I find these Share the Wealth videos?

Oh, and how do I add a profile photo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Violet - Welcome to VF. Hopefully, you can find the info you need to build an exercise program. I'm another person who started exercising around the time I found VF. Some suggestions:

1. Decide what you want to do and then go find workouts that find those parameters. That will save you from bandwagons and products that aren't useful to you. Feel free to start threads to ask your questions. People around here are pretty friendly.

2. Read reviews. Some people who find the forum aren't aware of the reviews database here. They are real reviews written by people here on VF and are better than your average review out there on the Internet.

3. You might want to consider a check in. They are all in an area on the forum and give small group accountability. They also let you get to know a small group of people better.

Whatever you do, plunge in and have fun.

Just don't try to blame us for purchases, Aunt Famous. DHs don't tend to count VFers as true role models. Welcome to VF!
Thank you for the advice, Laura.

I'm actually standing on a treadmill right now. I hope that I'll be doing more than standing in a moment.

I'll have to look for a group to join. I wanted to find people who would encourage me and who I could encourage.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 12:32 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Violet, there's usually a new thread started each month, the easiest way to find them is to do a search for 'share the wealth".

Here's a link to this months http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...t=share+wealth

Old 02-21-12, 02:53 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Hi Violet,

Welcome to VF.

Here is a list of free sites we have going. Of course, some of the links are old and no longer work, but you should find a good mix and it is FREEEEEEEEEE.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 03:01 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet View Post
I'll have to look for a group to join. I wanted to find people who would encourage me and who I could encourage.
Just to let you know, all check ins on VF are open and anyone can join. All it takes is to hit the Reply button and introduce yourself. I've found that when I read ones that appeal to me over time, I figure out which one(s) I would fit into. It can take some time and it can be fun to see what people are into in the smaller groups.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 09:23 PM  
krrelu

Hi, I'm Kristina (aka Kris). I joined back in 2008 and hung around for a bit but never posted much (just 2 I think!)... anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm back and hope to post more
krrelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 11:44 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Kris, welcome, glad to have you re-join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Check-in group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable to keep you coming back. We have groups centering around specific workouts, themes, or interests, so find one that inspires you and just post to join.

Old 03-05-12, 08:54 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome back, Krrelu. Feel free to dive in wherever it appeals to you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 07:18 PM  
wookiemouse

Hi all! I'm a true newbie here, I only found this forum a week ago and have been devouring it ever since. I'm a workout DVD junkie and had NO idea that so many others like me existed! I got started about 4 years ago with Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred and conquered that in a hurry. I decided to challenge myself with P90X....after that, it was history, I was addicted. I've been sticking mainly with Beachbody (P90X, Chalean Extreme, Turbofire, and now finishing up Les Mills Pump - with P90X2 waiting for me this summer), but after reading so many reviews, I'm looking to try some Jari and Cathe, 2 trainers I had NEVER heard of before! So excited! Looking forward to meeting all of you and poking around the forum a bit more!

Stacy
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 07:27 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Welcome, Stacy. If you are looking to be enabled, you have found the perfect place.

Beware of the carpal tunnel from reaching for your CC.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread