Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-14, 08:03 PM  
JezthePuff2

We have this one, and I really like it. I can't tell you about actual results because we haven't had it all that long, and while I've used it often, I haven't been consistent enough. All I can tell you is that it's really well made and I enjoy jiggling on it.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 08:08 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
$1500 is a lot of money for a vibrator. You know if you are actually looking for lymphatic drainage, there are a lot of ways to get it for a price tag that is an order of magnitude less than that and having other benefits:

Skin brushing: $10 + $40 for T-Tapp instructional DVD (optional)
T-Tapp workout: $80-150/DVD
Yoga: $10-20/class or DVD
Walking 10k steps per day: $12-100 for pedometer plus shoes
Rebounding: $100-1000 (?) for rebounder new
Hitachi Magic Wand
Ain't that the truth. My vote is for a rebounder. So much more fun and you can burn some calories along the way.
Old 10-28-14, 08:14 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Ain't that the truth. My vote is for a rebounder. So much more fun and you can burn some calories along the way.
I have a cheap rebounder that I periodically use. The vibration plate machine feels AMAZING. I've never felt anything like it. And it does it in 5 minutes.

I've also body brushed but never saw much results beyond soft skin.
10,000 steps per day is good, actually probably even better, but many days I don't have the time for this.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 08:19 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
We have this one, and I really like it. I can't tell you about actual results because we haven't had it all that long, and while I've used it often, I haven't been consistent enough. All I can tell you is that it's really well made and I enjoy jiggling on it.
How did you decide on the Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform Fitness Machine?

I think I like the Bulletproof Vibe and the VibePlate because they are flat plates and meet certain criteria for frequency, vertical vibration, etc.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 04:35 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Am I the only one who thought of something else when the read "Bulletprof vibe"?
you are not alone in that thought
Old 10-29-14, 08:23 AM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
How did you decide on the Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform Fitness Machine?

I think I like the Bulletproof Vibe and the VibePlate because they are flat plates and meet certain criteria for frequency, vertical vibration, etc.
Sorry, it really wasn't my decision. My husband read about the health benefits and decided on this model. He's extremely analytical and takes a very long time to make a decision, so I know he did his homework. I just don't know all of the details. But I do enjoy using it. It has three 10-minute programs, and I typically use those. Or you can do your own thing, but it's on a 10-minute timer.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 09:01 AM  
TamiT

I vote for rebounding, body brushing and hoedown exercise from t-tapp instead of power plate. At the hospital we had a presentation about power plate pros and cons and there was some negative discussion about electrical current not being good for body health. It was interesting. Ever since that discussion I even stopped using electric blankets in the winter.

Rebounding is so easy and effective. I have one in my office and every 2 hours I hop on and do a few jogs and twisting exercises for approximately 5 minutes. Sometimes it gets super busy and I might not have the time to do it right at 2 hours so I just fit it in when possible. I aim to rebound 4x a day while at work and do 2 sets of hoedown after lunch.
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 09:26 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
$1500 is a lot of money for a vibrator. You know if you are actually looking for lymphatic drainage, there are a lot of ways to get it for a price tag that is an order of magnitude less than that and having other benefits:

Skin brushing: $10 + $40 for T-Tapp instructional DVD (optional)
T-Tapp workout: $80-150/DVD
Yoga: $10-20/class or DVD
Walking 10k steps per day: $12-100 for pedometer plus shoes
Rebounding: $100-1000 (?) for rebounder new
Hitachi Magic Wand
Ahh, you beat me to it! I was just going to suggest rebounding, yoga, and skin brushing.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 07:42 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
I have a cheap rebounder that I periodically use. The vibration plate machine feels AMAZING. I've never felt anything like it. And it does it in 5 minutes.

I've also body brushed but never saw much results beyond soft skin.
10,000 steps per day is good, actually probably even better, but many days I don't have the time for this.
So...umm...what exactly do you mean by results? Skin brushing moves the lymph so effectively on me that I have to pee right away after finishing. A standing T-Tapp workout gets rid of my double chin a week or two (from moving lymph).

On the other hand, while I was just joking about the Hitachi Magic Wand...I understand it feels amazing, gets it done in 5 minutes, and fans of it say there ain't nuthin like it either!
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 07:44 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraKate View Post
you are not alone in that thought
I think it was the name combined with the title of this thread having the all-caps words...like those "special" spam emails I used to get when I had a yahoo email account.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cellulite, fat loss, lymph, lymphatic system, vibration, vibration machine