Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-17, 09:00 PM  
buffmama

workouts for 11yo boys

I did some dancing yesterday to get more movement in and had buffboy join me. I thought a round of Cize taught on youtube might be fun for us - he didn't think so. Although he's liked Tripoli's Groove in the past. Today we did Powerstrike 3 with Ilaria - a little too fast, and long (and he refused to stop). I picked out some stuff I have - FIF Bodyweight, Jillian's yoga, Shred and Shed, Rumble, Men's Health Belly Off Bodyweight, Horizontal Conditioning Getting Stronger, UFC first 2 bodyweight workouts, Patricia Moreno's workouts with Gaiam. The point is movement and fun on those cold days we're stuck inside. About 30 min is a good goal to leave time for some gentle yoga afterwards. Anything on youtube fit the bill for the non-yoga workout? Good form and demeanor are key. Thanks.
Old 01-08-17, 11:55 PM  
Jags

GSP's RushFit is all over YouTube and would fit the bill.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 06:28 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

It would seem that ShovelMax is the theme for this week for me. You guys are having Polar Vortex this winter right? If you send him out with a shovel to help old people, it builds his character as well as his body. That could be good for your son?

I have terrible form though when I do it, and it's really hard to work both sides of your body with this one.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 09:05 PM  
buffmama

Thanks Jags - great idea. And I wanted to try it anyway.

beyond omega - he's a little 11 - people would feel bad having him shovel [assuming they believed he could]. I've been telling him for years, I'll buy his first shovel. A few more years.
Old 01-10-17, 12:17 PM  
lithium

I just recommended some Zumba workouts for my friend and her son yesterday. She asked for a male instructor and simple moves. I found this

warm up by Beto

and this channel

So far no feedback yet. Maybe you guys could give it a try as well.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-17, 02:11 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi buffmama! Maybe he would like Gilad's workouts. They are varied, and Gilad and his crew use good form.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-17, 08:44 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium View Post
I just recommended some Zumba workouts for my friend and her son yesterday. She asked for a male instructor and simple moves. I found this

warm up by Beto

and this channel

So far no feedback yet. Maybe you guys could give it a try as well.
I'm hooked on Mundo Guyi Great channel. buffboy wants to do Uptown Funk. I love salsa. Something for everyone.
Old 01-11-17, 08:45 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Hi buffmama! Maybe he would like Gilad's workouts. They are varied, and Gilad and his crew use good form.
And this is why I asked the question. Would have never come up with Gilad but it's worth trying. Thanks Fitboop!
Old 01-11-17, 10:44 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Millionaire Hoy, perhaps?

He has tons of fitness videos out on YouTube; some are for beginners, which probably is where your son should start. I believe he has some 30 day programs for beginners that progress in difficulty and then you can graduate to his harder workouts. He's really fit and super enthusiastic.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-17, 10:55 AM  
sherry7899

I don't have any suggestions (my son tried a video once and never again) but I just wanted to say that it is so great that you exercise together.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote