Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-14, 10:43 AM  
rheash92

Workouts for energy

I have been feeling very tired and fatigued for a few months. I had my blood testing done and its all normal and am working on cleaning up my diet. I haven't really been working out consistently just some workouts here and there.

Are there any workouts that help with energy? Will yoga help? Any specific suggestions?

Thanks so much!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 10:56 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Lee Holden has one called Qi Gong for More Energy:

http://www.exercisetoheal.com/Our+Co...e+Energy+.html

It made a difference for me when I was recovering from my double mastectomy.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 11:04 AM  
upperwside

Rebounding!!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 11:16 AM  
TinierTina

Yogilates or any other Pilates-Infused Yoga

An exercise program that will calm you and release locked energy at the same time, such as yogilates ... and that pays particular attention to the breath, and that offers accessible corework (no headstands, handstands or other acrobatics!! Well, unless you want to go to Clown College soon )

http://www.yogilates.com/learn-more-about-yogilates.html

You can still find it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Yogilates-Begi...ustomerReviews

it also has 2 higher levels, as needed ... I'd started with Level 2 at the time I'd started (Best Buy), as I was working out with cardio and a little yoga, at that time ..

Later paid through the nose for Yogilates Level 3 on Amazon at that time (this was still 4-1/2 years ago) ... sometimes there are price-spikes because a the program is in demand despite scarcity ... a ridiculous amount like $22 ...
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 12:10 PM  
loverly7

Kundalini Yoga with Ana and Ravi does amazing things for my energy level. Be warned that kundalini yoga isn't for everyone, but it is definitely for me.
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 12:23 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I find workouts like Ellen Barrett or Core Fusion energizing. Maybe because they mix stretches in between the toning work and Ellen is very fusion-y and mixes cardio, toning and stretching and it just makes me feel so good afterwards.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 12:51 PM  
Demeris

T-tapp's Mindful Movement for Healthy Hormones. The T-tapp You-tube channel has a number of 3-5 mins videos of t-tapp movements that will rejuvenate, also.

I concur with the rebounding mentioned above.

I also recommend 5, 10, or 15 mins of CS/Essentrics. If you don't have any of the dvds, there are a number of samplers on youtube, from 3-12 mins each.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 01:05 PM  
gladgirl

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Rebounding!!!
yep....rebounding will boost your energy overall and put a long-lasting smile on your face...the best feel-good workout!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 01:32 PM  
marya

Kundalini Yoga with Gurmukh. This DVD got me through the last phase of perimenopause. Even today, a decade later, it remains my favorite go-to when I need energizing.

Abwalk, an older DVD (George Foreman and Petra Kolber) is another good one. It's out of print but probably still available via Amazon. Lots of twisting (from the waist up) moves--for me they are real energizers.

Did you have your Vitamin D levels checked? I live in a cloudy, rainy climate, and Vitamin D supplementation has made a huge difference in my mood and energy.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 02:05 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I struggle with energy...crazy thyroid problems. What works for me is CS/Essentrics, Lee Holden's Qi Gong, and walking. Occasionally I do Ellen Barrett.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote