Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-20, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The nice sunny fall weather has inspired me! Yesterday afternoon I did:

15 Min Standing Cardio Strength, with Jessica Smith (You Tube) and yesterday evening I walked my doggie.

This morning, I did:

Jessica Smith: 20 Min Fat Burning Cardio
Jessica Valent: Full Body Opening Routine

So much for sticking with Trifecta Pilates, LOL! I have decided to just go with the flow and continue to mix things up. I think the instructors I will workout with this month are Jessica V., Jessica S, Beth (Trifecta), Ellen and maybe the Fabulous 50's lady - she has a new 7 day challenge coming out on Monday that I could mix and match w/ Pilates...

https://fabulous50s.co/challenges/

I haven't worked out w/ her before but she seems to be nice and use good music..so we shall see.

Gypsy Rose - I do like to hear Margaret's jokes! I always feel both calmed andc challenged by her stuff!

Pat - sounds like a fun blast from the past!! I should really get some of those Jane Fonda workouts - I had a few of them on VHS back in the day. I really liked on of her step workouts - it was lead by a bunch of different instructors. It used to be on You Tube, but not sure if it is still there or not.

Waves, Summer Breeze!

Hope everyone has a good day -Happy Friday Eve.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 08:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was walking and PBL for me. Probably more of the same today.

DONNA, glad the nice weather is inspiring you. I have watched 50s & Fabulous' channel before. She does beauty and lifestyle stuff too. I never followed her workouts though. Interesting.

ROSE, ah yes goofy Margaret. Will you keep doing some MR when you branch out next month or completely stop her workouts for awhile? I'll be interested to see your new routine.

PAT, glad you turned your crappy day around. Good for you!

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 08:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Valent - Leg Power Workout
Jessica Smith - 12 min Upper Body Circuit Walk
Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility routine.

Although it seems contrary to my workout style, I really like the leg power workout -I do skip the pistol squats and just do my own thing then - I don't see that move in my future ever - but, I just really like this routine.

I balanced the lower body w/ some upper body work w/ Jessica Smith and then followed up w/ the hip mobility routine.

I know I need to fit in some CS as tightness is creeping back in. I may do something this afternoon unless the weather is too nice to stay inside...then I'll do a walk this afternoon.

I keep going back to Jessica V - her calendar is very varied so I feel I can stick with it and feel successful while still getting my variety in!

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 10-02-20, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was most of Sin6 Ramp It up and a 54 minute walk. I skipped the lower body all fours work but still got a good workout.
If/when the rain stops I'll do an outdoor walk today and probably more PBL.

DONNA, good workouts. Are pistol squats where you hold one leg out while you squat? If so, yeah not happening for me either.

Waves to PAT & ROSE.

Old 10-02-20, 12:51 PM  
GypsyRose

Yesterday:
Margaret episode 1011 Warm-up, Triceps, Deltoids, Obliques, Quadriceps, Gluteus, Cool-down. It was a good one. Tris, delts and obliques were standing unweighted work. Energizing.

Qigong meditation.
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 01:17 PM  
GypsyRose

Long review:

Here's a breakdown of episode 709. Year 1991

1. Warm-up Starts :35-4:25 (3M 50Sec) to 'Lies' En Vogue

2. Deltoids unweighted 4:40-8:10 (3M 30Sec) to 'You Don't Have to Worry' En Vogue

3. Quads standing 8:30 -12:15 (3M 45Sec) to 'Strange' En Vogue

4. Outer Thighs a. 12:45- 17:15 (4M 30Sec) to I never could get the lyrics

5. Outer Thighs b. 18:05- 22:10 (4M 05Sec) to 'Black Cat' Janet Jackson

6. Inner Thighs on back 22:40-26:15 ( 3M 35Sec) to I never could get the lyrics

7. Cool-Down 26:30 to end (1M 30Sec) to 'My Romance' Carly Simon

--------------------------------
The earlier series (400, 700 & 800) seem faster. Margaret switches things up a bit quicker. Her movements are more varied. When I check out the later series, they are more in line with the Unpluggeds with the slower pace.

BodyElectric is known for its good music. I didn't know most of the music on this episode and I would not pick this music to listen to though it was okay for a workout. One reason to have streaming is due to the music which I haven't loved in any of the episodes. But it is perfect in it's volume- not too loud or soft. And it makes the exercises easier somehow.

The energy is higher than the DVDs. Margaret and her crew are having fun and that's infectious. Time flies by. She still gives good form pointers. The camera work is pretty good though sometimes it will stray too long on one of the exercisers when Margaret is making a movement change. Margaret looks fantastic though the spandex is glaring. That doesn't bother me.

I'll check out some of the later series though I think I'll stick to the earlier ones as they are more fun. Hope you found this helpful!
Old 10-03-20, 07:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was my Ellen fix - Walk with Weights and Sunrise Stretch. Neither was a sweatfest, but I enjoyed both. I like the music in the walk w/ weights workout.

I also walked yesterday afternoon w/ DD and doggies and today will probably also get out for some outdoor walking.

Summer Breeze - yes, those are pistol squats, and they just ain't happening here! I did some one-legged squat variations instead.

Gypsy Rose - thanks for that breakdown!

Waves, Pat, hope you enjoy the weekend!!

Donna
Old 10-03-20, 09:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was just a walk but I am planning a walk and maybe some PBL or weights too today.

ROSE, great breakdown and review of MR's streaming. It's good that you're getting to experience a different side of MR's workouts. I'm just trying to figure out how unweighted delts and triceps are effective.
I guess I can see tricep dips but delts? Is her lower body work weighted in these? It's all very interesting.

DONNA, ah good to see Ellen in there.

Hi PAT.

Old 10-03-20, 11:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hello ladies! Yesterday featured:

~ Good 'N Strong vol. 2, workout 1
~ 50 mini ball crunches
~ Evening walk, solo.

DH fell when we walked Tuesday night and banged up his hip and knee. Nothing serious thank goodness, but he needed ice and rest. We were yacking too much and not watching where we were going.

It sounds like you're really enjoying the streaming, Rose. The few TV episodes I got to try were so much more fun for the reasons you stated. I don't mind Margaret's music too much, like you said it makes the workout seem easier.

Greetings to Summer and Donna! Have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 06:41 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Outside walking & episode 8110 Biceps, delts, abs, outer thighs and standing quads.
The music was from gospel for the warm up, Michael Jackson for delts, jazz for one outer thigh and jazzy salsa for the other and Bonnie Raitt for quads. A good workout. I'll do some more house walking tonight.

Summer Breeze-The unweighted work gives a good muscle burn. I'm not sure if it makes me stronger but it's good to move in different ways. The streaming workouts are not that hard. My body feels better after I do them vs feeling beat up.

Pat Hope your husband feels better fast! Yeah, the streaming is fun but there's so much I won't get to try as I'll probably only have it this month.

DonnaEllen's streaming seems so varied.

Have a day!

Tags
bobandbrad