Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-13, 12:35 PM  
edensmom

I burned around 200 during the barre one. It was the lowest burner of all I've done. Keep in mind I am pretty smallish and fit and I tend to burn 300-400 per hour during THE MOST intense of workouts. Even when running, I run 5 miles in around 45-50 mins and burn around 450 and running is my best burn.
With the original Dream Body I burn around 340-350.
So that gives you some kind of idea, I hope.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 09:19 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I burned around 200 during the barre one. It was the lowest burner of all I've done. Keep in mind I am pretty smallish and fit and I tend to burn 300-400 per hour during THE MOST intense of workouts. Even when running, I run 5 miles in around 45-50 mins and burn around 450 and running is my best burn.
With the original Dream Body I burn around 340-350.
So that gives you some kind of idea, I hope.
Wow! I can't wait to receive Dream Body, then. It almost got the same burn as your run. I'm kind of scared of that one!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 06:41 AM  
kitty12

Went back to read this thread after I tried Barre for the first time yesterday. For me, I thought the first section was weak and was hoping it would target the lower body more. On the other hand, I really liked the barre section. I do think it is more targeted towards glutes though, with some inner thigh worked in - so not any plies really to speak of in this workout. I went back to 'meh' on the abs and stretch. I think in the long run, the first section will grow on me and I will end up liking it. I may just do the first section and the barre work next time and then do my own stretching. I will likely drop the resistance band for this one too and just use my 2 lb weights next time - I'm not a big fan of resistance band work and thought it seemed awkward for this workout. I don't think it adds anything that weights wouldn't handle.

For the abs, it seems every workout I do lately does leg raises - it gets kind of boring after a while.

Of the three workouts I have done so far, I think barre was maybe the easiest (compared to Fusion Mix and Tabata & Toning). Some good arm work, but core and lower body work was not as tough.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 09:33 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post

For the abs, it seems every workout I do lately does leg raises - it gets kind of boring after a while.

Of the three workouts I have done so far, I think barre was maybe the easiest (compared to Fusion Mix and Tabata & Toning). Some good arm work, but core and lower body work was not as tough.
I completely agree about the leg raises! I love barre. But, it becomes boring when the same moves are in every work out.

Your comparison of the others in the set is very helpful. I wound up receiving my copy of Dream Body which I believe is the original. I'll try that one out tomorrow. I can't lie, I'm scared! But, I kind of like this style of work out mixed with my TA and barre.
Old 02-07-13, 09:51 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Went back to read this thread after I tried Barre for the first time yesterday. For me, I thought the first section was weak and was hoping it would target the lower body more. On the other hand, I really liked the barre section. I do think it is more targeted towards glutes though, with some inner thigh worked in - so not any plies really to speak of in this workout. I went back to 'meh' on the abs and stretch. I think in the long run, the first section will grow on me and I will end up liking it. I may just do the first section and the barre work next time and then do my own stretching. I will likely drop the resistance band for this one too and just use my 2 lb weights next time - I'm not a big fan of resistance band work and thought it seemed awkward for this workout. I don't think it adds anything that weights wouldn't handle.

The barre workout was the absolute hardest for me! So much so that I stopped doing it and did Bikini Bootcamp later in the day. I was dying! But that's probably because my upper body is week and the lower body is much stronger. I'm better at the lower body intensive workouts. I'm loving this set and can't wait to get stronger each week!

Holli,

You'll have to post how you like the workout. The first DB wasn't a favorite because it moves faster and people didn't like the popups and loud music. I actually liked the workout but it's not addictive for me like the new set.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:46 PM  
kitty12

I do think the barre workout is tougher for upper body - which is kind of odd for barre! I liked the first DVD but only did it once.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:53 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
I do think the barre workout is tougher for upper body - which is kind of odd for barre! I liked the first DVD but only did it once.
It is odd. I expected killer legs but my arms were dying. I skipped the weights for several parts.
Old 02-08-13, 09:16 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Holli,

You'll have to post how you like the workout. The first DB wasn't a favorite because it moves faster and people didn't like the popups and loud music. I actually liked the workout but it's not addictive for me like the new set.
I absolutely loved the first DB which I did tonight! It is tough and I'm not sure how anyone focused on the pop-ups! I was so busy just trying to hang in there with all of the reps. The move where you hover one knee and kick the other leg to the ceiling a la donkey kicks was brutal! Plus, the killer inner thigh work...wow! I don't think I looked at the screen too often. It was pretty obvious when she was transitioning to another move. So, I looked up only enough to see what we were doing. That may be why the pop-ups didn't bother me -- I probably missed the majority of them.

Overall, this will definitely be going in my rotation. I'm trying to figure out how frequently I will do this workout...one or two days a week, especially since I do TA and want to get barre in. But, I'll figure that out. I can't imagine that one can't get serious results from this DVD! Very certain I'll move on to the set once I tire of this one!
Old 02-08-13, 09:32 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
I absolutely loved the first DB which I did tonight! It is tough and I'm not sure how anyone focused on the pop-ups! I was so busy just trying to hang in there with all of the reps. The move where you hover one knee and kick the other leg to the ceiling a la donkey kicks was brutal! Plus, the killer inner thigh work...wow! I don't think I looked at the screen too often. It was pretty obvious when she was transitioning to another move. So, I looked up only enough to see what we were doing. That may be why the pop-ups didn't bother me -- I probably missed the majority of them.

Overall, this will definitely be going in my rotation. I'm trying to figure out how frequently I will do this workout...one or two days a week, especially since I do TA and want to get barre in. But, I'll figure that out. I can't imagine that one can't get serious results from this DVD! Very certain I'll move on to the set once I tire of this one!
Great! I'm glad that you liked it! I agree about the popups. I was working so darn hard that didn't bother me either. And I know exactly what move you're talking about. That move is killer. I love the music from that dvd too. You've inspired me to try it tomorrow.

Are you going to buy the Dream Body series?
Old 02-08-13, 09:50 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post

Glad it was a hit for you. I still love this one. IMO it is harder than any in the new serirs.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, dream body