Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-20, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Ramp It Up in the morning and a 48 minute outdoor walk in the afternoon. Good workout day. I am planning another walk today and hopefully more.

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-20, 06:07 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I'm back from my Mexican adventure. We had a lot of fun, and of course the weather was fabulous. I went to a couple of yoga classes and did some walking. That's about it for exercise. Today back home, I took a one hour walk.
Old 01-24-20, 09:49 PM  
Tammie M

Hi all! Here are my latest workouts. I did another workout from Linda's Barlates Pilates Ring Series. I don't expect to have intense DOMS from this one but I may find out differently tomorrow. This one emphasized inner and outer thigh more. The other one was quad intensive.

Sunday (1/19) - Joyce Vedral The Definition Workout Series: Upper Body & Bonus Abs + Ellen Barrett Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates - Butt & Thighs
Monday (1/20) - Joyce Vedral The Definition Workout Series: Upper Body & Middle Body
Tuesday (1/21) - Shaun T's Size: Crazy 8's & 8 Count Abs + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1006
Wednesdayday (1/22) - PopPhysique Cardio Butt School + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1005
Thursday (1/23) - Kristen Kagan Step This Way 2
Friday (1/24) - Barlates Pilates Ring Series: Pilates Ring Mat + Peggy Cappy Yoga for the Rest of Us: Back Care Basics - Part 2

Nora, I'm glad to hear you had fun in Mexico and had a nice break from the Canadian weather. It sounds like your weather is not too bad though if you are able to do a long a walk. Are you pre-ordering the new Cathe series? I've been on the fence. Yesterday though I reasoned that I don't think I would enjoy this series very much. I have a lot of HIIT workouts and yoga workouts. I also have a lot of weight workouts. And I really didn't enjoy FitSplit.

SB, good job with your workouts. I'm impressed that you will walk when it it below freezing. I understand not wanting to pay for a subscription. I like to switch instructors. I would get bored primarily doing a specific instructor's workouts. I have one more Joyce dvd to do and then I'm moving on. I still want to make it through my Firm collection. By the way, I enjoyed Pilates Ring Mat. She does do quite a few reps though. Who knew a pilates ring could torture you that much.

Cambet, I'm glad to hear you had a nice trip. Nice workouts. I've been doing some of the Cize workouts and I agree about that blonde. When I did Crazy 8's I noticed they didn't show her very much. There was another blonde who was closer to the center and she was ok. The sex kitten wasn't in the camara range until they scanned the room. I thought about purchasing some Body Groove dvds until I looked at the clips. I like choreography in my dance workouts so I decided they were not for me.

Penguin, I hope your hubby's job interview went well. I was wondering about Jenny Ford's walking workouts. Sounds like something I would not enjoy.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 10:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did 2 workouts from SBF's site, not from her challenge though, I just picked what looked interesting to me. I did Upper Body & Core with the band and Waist & Thigh mat. I liked them both a lot. Then I did a 46 minute outdoor walk in the afternoon. It was well up into the 40s so it felt good.
It's raining all day today so I'll do something indoors.

NORA, welcome back!

TAMMIE, great workout week. I took Linda's pilates ring dvd off my shelf to try and now I can't find it. I am curious to try it but her endless reps do fill me with dread sometimes. I always forget about Joyce when I'm looking to do weight work. Maybe today I'll give her a try.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-25-20, 02:43 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Hubby did well on his first interview and has been called back for a second this coming Tuesday. We are trying not to get too excited but its hard not to be.

We spent the morning at our church for a Seminar about Dementia. I took notes and then copied them for Dad. I learned a lot and recognized mistakes when dealing with my Gma. It was very interesting, so I'm glad we went.

I haven't exercised so nothing much to report, but I can see from reading the posts that you guys are doing well!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 10:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Quick check in, I have to get ready for work. Yesterday was raining all day so I did workout #2 from Kelly's Your Best Body. That is one of my favorite Kelly dvds. Obviously nothing today, I'm running late. I was out late last night with friends and I'm dragging a little.

PENGUIN, good luck to hubby, sounds encouraging.

Old 01-28-20, 09:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I was tired and achey yesterday like I always am on Monday mornings after working on the weekend. I did a 43 minute outdoor walk in the afternoon though. It was a little chilly at first but felt great. I am planning a walk and hopefully more today.

Old 01-28-20, 10:30 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone. Recent workouts: Step Sync pre-mix involving no breakdown. I liked it! Walk. Marcus Irwin Step. Marcus Hi/lo.

SB - I hope you're feeling better. And that you got your walk in.
PP - Any update on the job?
Tammy - Nice workouts. Yes, the weather has been mild enough for walking here. There was a cold snap while I was in Mexico...but I missed it. When I say mild, I mean hovering around the freezing point. Mild for us in January, freezing to you I'm sure! As for the Cathe pre-0rder, I am like you: on the fence. I wonder if she will sell them separately eventuallly. Really, I'm only interested in the weight ones. Hate HiiT.
Cambet - I admire your dedication to the job!
Old 01-29-20, 10:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the weight workout from KCM's Cardio Pump and added on the waist and stretch segments from 10 MS Rapid Results pilates. Great combo.
In the afternoon, I did a 42 minute walk. It was damp and windy and felt much colder than the temperature indicated. I am planning another walk and hopefully more today.

NORA, good workouts as always. We're "mild" here too for January but 30s is still cold when you're out there walking.

Old 01-30-20, 08:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the short kickboxing with weights segment from KCM's Body Design and Winsor Bun & Thigh Sculpting. Then in the afternoon I did a 43 minute outdoor walk. I wore a knit cap and I was almost sweating by the end of the walk and it was cold out. I never wore a knit cap before, I usually use a hood, what a difference it makes. LOL. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more.