Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-11-20, 02:24 PM  
cambet

Hi, Ladies,

In an effort to do a workout with weights, on Thursday I dug through my collection and pulled out the Firm Sculpting Ball workout, which I haven't done in forever, but I remembered liking. I lasted about 8 mins , until it got to the lunges sequence, then I Joni-O'd it and did 15 mins of LM Hip Hop Vols. 2 & 3.

Yesterday I took a 28 min walk with 2 of the Italy crew (and the slowish dog).

I'm not sure what I'll do today. Tomorrow and Monday I'll be in Alabama with one of my co-workers helping to chaperone (for lack of a better word) a small group of students. We're going to visit several Civil Rights sites. My co-worker told me to be prepared to walk a lot!

SB - Glad that you got in a walk yesterday and will get in another today! Thanks for the SS, Sin6, and JS suggestions. I thought about the SSE Cardio Sculpt, and a few Jessicas that I have may fit the bill. I'll have to give them a closer look. Hope that work goes well!

PP - Sounds like I also need to check out the Fitness Blender workout that you mention. It's funny, when I signed up for Noom they tell you that the 14-day trial costs them $18+ to provide. So, then they ask if you are willing to pay $1, $5, $10, or the $18+ and point out that most people pay $10. I paid the $10. I'm fine with having paid that since I was so curious about it, but after the 14-day trial it's $34.51/month which, is not worth it for me (though I'm sure that it is for others). I think that Noom is for someone who wants to lose weight and doesn't know where to begin with food and exercise. The articles about making good food choices, setting goals, positive reinforcement, and such things, are helpful, but I'm already familiar with a lot of the information that they shared. I know what I'm supposed to be doing, I'm just not doing it.

Nora - The logging with LI is so much better/easier than with Noom. That makes so much of a difference, because if it's not easy, I tend to stop doing it. I'm sooo glad that you mentioned Lose It! here when you did!

Tammie - Great job with your workouts! That pilates w/o sounds super intense! I hope that the DOMS doesn't last long. That's why I was hoping to start with lighter weights, so that the DOMs wouldn't be too bad. I didn't realize that Miranda is 70. She does look fantastic! Now you have me thinking, maybe I should revisit CS.

Waves to All!
Old 01-12-20, 01:09 AM  
cambet

Looking for something lite, I managed to do Country Heat: Country Swing to make it to 10,000 steps before midnight.
Old 01-12-20, 10:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk with DS before work as advertised. I have to be at work by noon today so I won't have time for any workouts even though it's in the 60s again. We broke a record yesterday at 68 .

CAMBET, nice job getting some workouts in. I'm sure you'll be hitting your step count in Alabama. Sounds like a very interesting trip. Yes, I just did SSE Cardio Sculpt recently. It's a good one.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 04:51 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Tammie, I hope you've recovered from the DOMS - not to mention the car trip. Also hope your DH is feeling better. 13 hour car trips are not for me. I did from home to Washington DC (12 - 13hrs.) two years ago and it almost killed me!

Cambet - Glad to hear I was of service with the LI rec. It has saved me a few times over the years!

SB - nice that you're still getting the walks in, despite weather and work.

So by now, I've done the LB and UB michelle Dozois new ones.What can I say? I bought them for the 30 minute format, so I'm not too disappointed so far. I will say that her recommendation of only 2 sets of dumbbells is off the wall if you want to get a proper UB workout. I used 5 sets from 5lb to 15. Next time I'll probably substitute different exercises for her second sets.

Other workouts: Step with Cathe, Rebecca and Petra.
Old 01-14-20, 11:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I'm always tired on Mondays after working all weekend and it's hard for me to get motivated to workout. The cloudy damp weather doesn't help either.
But I finally pushed myself yesterday to do the old reliable Winsor Buns & Thigh Sculpting. I am hoping to walk today even though it's still gray and damp. I have something to mail at the p.o. so that might push me over the edge to walk if I'm having trouble getting started.

NORA, nice workouts. Good to hear the new Michelle workouts didn't disappoint you too much. One of the biggest complaints on GD was that she moved way too fast in the weight workouts. Did you find that to be the case?

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-14-20, 03:41 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, That's a lot of money per month! Hubby and I both use the free Lose it. We looked into paying for it but really didn't think the extra features were worth the money. I hear you on know what to do, just not doing it. I know I've been stress eating lately, at least I've shifted from chocolate to crackers but still I know I'm overeating. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow and I'm sure I'm going to get a lecture. I also know I've been falling behind on my exercise.

SB, Hubby worked in a warehouse, it was either freezing or the transformers were being testing and it was so hot! so while I'm wearing jeans, boots, sweater and coat, he's wearing jeans and a tee. Drives me nuts!

Today I did Body Project 45 Min Cardio Challenge. The male and female leads were having a contest to see who did better and at the end they had a wall sit contest. She did high impact for the workout while he did low impact and she still won the wall sit! It was funny hearing them trash talk but I don't think I'd do it again.

Tammie, thanks for the good wishes for Hubby and Mom. Some of his friends came by to help him work on the truck and told me they would be across the street. I told them "thank you! please take him away for a while, he's driving me nuts!" a little togetherness is a good thing, but there comes a time when we need alone time! Thanks for the compliment on my sweater!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 05:28 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did the Michelle Dozois total body one. I also did a half hour of Step with Rob Glick.

SB - Yes, I did notice that she seems to rush a bit, especially in the UB one. The total body one I did today had a few points where I would have liked a bit of a stretch or break, but it was do-able. She does some variations in the push-ups and tricep dips that I didn't fancy, so I just did regular sets. I'm not over the moon about any I've done so far, but I'm not filled with hatred for them either!

PP- I understand your need for some alone time. We ALL need that now and then! Hopefully, hubby finds employment soon.

Three more days, and I'm off to Mexico for a little road trip with my daughter. Really looking forward to it! We're meeting in Cancun, then driving to Tulum and Bacalar in the Yucatan peninsula.
Old 01-15-20, 10:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 44 minute walk to the p.o. and back. It was spritzing on and off during the walk but I made it home just when the steadier showers were coming in. I also joined Suzanne Bowen's streaming site on a whim. I received an email from her about an 8 week challenge she was starting on Monday and I remember enjoying her site several years ago when I did a free trial so I went for it. Yesterday was a 32 minute Barre 2 workout. I'll see how it goes.
Today is a sunny mild day so I am planning a walk and more Suzanne.

PENGUIN, nice workout. Good luck at your doctor appt today. I may have mentioned my DH is planning on retiring at some point this year. I'm very concerned .

NORA, nice workout combo. So it seems you agree with the general consensus about these workouts on GD -- meh. LOL. Enjoy your trip to Mexico with DD lucky lady!

ETA -- Cathe has a new preorder out already! 30 minute workouts so I pre-ordered. Sounded similar to KCM to me and it seems a lot of others thought so too.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-16-20, 10:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Day 2 of SBF's challenge, Total Boding Toning 3, and a 42 minute outdoor walk. It was chillier outside than I thought it would be but still very nice for this time of year. It's very windy today but I do plan a walk and day 3 of SBF's challenge.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-17-20, 10:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 35 minute outdoor walk. It was very very blustery and windy and it started sleeting at one point so I shortened my walk. I also did Day 3 of SBF's challenge, a short lower body barre workout, this one without weights.
I'm not sure if I'll walk outdoors today, it's very cold but I plan to continue with SBF's challenge.

Have a great day everyone!!