Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-13, 09:18 PM  
Inchworm

I don't have this set yet, but want it soooo badly. Just cannot afford now. Those that have it, do you think you'll have good results in upper body? I'm really loving what Tonique premiere is doing for me, and was thinking it would b great used with this set. What do u think?

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 10:50 PM  
kitty12

I think they will give good upper body results. I did Fusion with Brooke today and it had pushups and planks, and seems they hold the weights forever although hers isn't as bad as some of the others. I use 2 lb weights, and just drop them if I need to take a short break.

These are tough little workouts and can see where some mention it helping with endurance. As much as possible I try to make it through one segment before taking a few second pause and starting the next one. So, with Fusion Mix, for example, I try to make it through the stability ball segment without break. I am really enjoying these, and think they are some of the toughest workouts I have done.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 07:38 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

My shoulders and upper back are sore from doing Barre on Wednesday, so yes, I think I'll get good results from the upper body segments. I see better definition with workouts like these anyway. Heavy weight training just makes my arms look thick.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 04:13 PM  
violingal3

Well, did I ever pull a VF-er move on this set... I was stuck on the price, so I traded it when I wasn't in love with all the workouts (I liked Fusion Mix and Tabata the best, the others were kinda 'meh'). Then I decided to get the original over at Collage when they had it on sale last month thinking that was a more economic choice and probably closer to the two I liked from the set. I did it a few times and loved it, so of course I had remorse and ordered the 5 DVD set again...

I'm on week two of an all DB rotation just working my way through one per day. Fantastic. I don't know why I didn't click with the whole set to begin with, I love all of them now that I have done them all again... I looked in the mirror today as I was doing Fusion Mix (I try not to look as I'm doing these as I'm nowhere as graceful/limber as the instructors) and I swear the cellulite on the back of my legs has noticeably improved (the lighting in my workout room is not kind - you see the honest truth when you look in the mirror), my quads have some really nice definition (teardrops have formed above the knee!). I put on my dress pants this morning and they just slid on with extra room in the seat and thigh. My triceps also have more definition. I'm not at my dream body yet, but I haven't seen such noticeable changes in such a short time.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 04:14 PM  
momofcha

Awesome results!!!! My legs have fantastic defnition as well. Lean, but strong. it.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 04:25 PM  
Snuckles

Waaaaaaaaa, I can't wait for my body to heal up so that I can try these (strained a few muscles ) . . . these workouts are sitting here and mocking me . . .
Old 03-04-13, 05:57 PM  
Inchworm

Are there tons of plies in these workouts? I don't like doing too many bc it seems to aggravate my SI Joint.
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-13, 10:47 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Are there tons of plies in these workouts? I don't like doing too many bc it seems to aggravate my SI Joint.
No, very few plies really.

I did Fusion Mix for the 5th time tonight and still loving it. Making progress but feel it leaves a lot of room to grow too.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 09:40 AM  
violingal3

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed in Tabata & Toning that the instructor is uneven one side? After the gliding disc segment, you go into that figure four/squat kick/running in place series. I just mirror them, so the first grounded leg in that series is ok. When you switch sides, she's grounding the other leg to the floor for the figure four, but then switches back to keeping the other leg static for the rest of the moves. First time through I thought one side was worked more than the other. I just make a mental note to keep one leg static until it's time to switch sides and not mirror them for that segment.

ETA - I could be completely wrong, I thoroughly confused myself the first time I rewound and tried to figure out what was going on.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 10:26 AM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed in Tabata & Toning that the instructor is uneven one side? After the gliding disc segment, you go into that figure four/squat kick/running in place series. I just mirror them, so the first grounded leg in that series is ok. When you switch sides, she's grounding the other leg to the floor for the figure four, but then switches back to keeping the other leg static for the rest of the moves. First time through I thought one side was worked more than the other. I just make a mental note to keep one leg static until it's time to switch sides and not mirror them for that segment.

ETA - I could be completely wrong, I thoroughly confused myself the first time I rewound and tried to figure out what was going on.
Nope, I noticed that too.

Tags
darby brender, dream body, dream body fusion, scratched dvds