Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-20, 12:20 PM  
Sissy B

I read about VF in one of the "For Dummies" books. I think it was Weight Training for Dummies by Liz Neporent.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 12:26 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have to thank Billy Blanks for helping me to find VF in the late 1990's. I saw the infomercials for Tae Bo and ordered the set. I ended up not liking the workouts. But, I did like working out to videos. I did a search for fitness video reviews and up came VF. I lurked for about 6 months before my first post.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 12:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

I had a friend give me a collage catalog. So started to wonder about other instructors besides Tamilee. Searched for reviews and a VF review link popped up. I actually only visited the reviews for a couple years. I thought that's all VF was ...I don't remember paying attention to the other tabs that were there.

For one reason or another I started clicking on the tabs and I realized there was a forum where I could ask questions, lol.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 02:03 PM  
shoegoddess

YaYas forum

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 02:05 PM  
sherry7899

I found out about Collage video from an ad in Shape magazine and bought a few Leslie VHS workouts (back in 2002). After using those, I wondered what else what out there and did a search for somewhere to read about exercise videos, and that was it!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 02:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

It was through the reviews section that I heard about through a health magazine that I was reading at the time. I lurked for probably 5 years before I took the plunge and signed up for an account.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 02:24 PM  
Scorpio6

I belonged to a forum that had the word "vent" in the title, maybe Ventpark? and was posting in a long, continuous conversation that was like a thread. There were no individual threads broken and when one girl tried to hijack the site and organize it conventionally, she really got slapped down. All of the conversation was about Tracy Anderson, favorable to her.

Then we found out about Video Fitness, and the Vent Park ladies went on and on about how the VF ppl were into heavy lifting and criticizing the VP ladies for extreme dieting and using the TA method. Then I don't know how or exactly when it happened, the VP site flamed out so we didn't know where else to go but VF.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 03:07 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I became interested in exercising with videos. How, I don't remember, and I started searching for information about exercise videos and found the VF reviews in October 1998. I read them for about a week before discovering the forum.

Back then, it seemed that most of the conversations revolved around the Firm, Cathe, and CIA (Creative Instructors Aerobics) workouts.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 03:52 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Honestly, I don't remember. I'm going to guess that I found VF while searching for a workout review. I do remember lurking on the forum (older version) for a while before I became a member.
Old 02-23-20, 04:05 PM  
LAC

I went through a serious illness in 2005. After treatment, I needed to build my stamina back up and went online to look for some exercise reviews. At the time, the only instructors I really knew about were Richard Simmons and Denise Austin, based on their old tv programs. Anyway, during my search I stumbled on VF and a whole world of instructors I wouldn't otherwise have known about.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, how did you find vf, vf history, vf love, video fitness, videofitness