Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-22-20, 12:10 PM  
Vantreesta

March 2020 Add 'em up Goals Challenge ~All welcome!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 12:11 PM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's March goals--giving myself the first week off. ETA taking the whole month off

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-23-20, 08:53 PM  
MathTeacher

I cannot tell you how lazy I have gotten lately. I really need to get over it.

Drink water
Ride exercise bike
Meet daily step goal
Strength training
Stretch, Barre or Callanetics
Old 02-24-20, 12:01 PM  
Leonana

I never keep points, but I definitely need to follow my goals.

The main one is healthier eating, it's been off track since the holidays and I haven't been consistent.

Also need to be more consistent with kegels, you're supposed to do them three times a day.
Old 02-24-20, 01:03 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's March Goals

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. 75 oz water
3. Daily Devotion
4. walk, dvd, or youtube
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Declutter: Puttering approach

Extra credit: 1 pt each
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip.
2. massage
Two Free Days!

Total Points Available: 186 pts Goal: 165 pts

Total: 184 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 02:53 PM  
Leonana

Not doing good with the kegels, I wish I could remember! I am eating better and am being consistent with exercise. I'm starting week three of Jessica Smith's February Fusion. I start on Sundays, sub the cardio on Wednesday with my Tai Chi, and take the rest day on Thursday. I'm usually wiped out by Tai Chi the next day. I also do a couple of hours of filing as a volunteer for a hospice office, which takes some energy.
Old 03-02-20, 08:48 AM  
Vantreesta

March, ack! I'm taking the week off and will be ready with goals on Monday. March is historically bad for my mental health but I will focus on the positive and also think baseball!

Old 03-02-20, 09:55 AM  
Catahoula Cate

March is living up to the "coming in like a lion" adage so far. Very windy, cold and icy. My biggest goal challenge is to keep up with drinking lots of water. The other goals I'm maintaining fairly well and need to continue that.

One thing that I haven't shared is that the last year and a half, I've lost 34 lbs. Some of it came off with good effort but most came off from a GI issue I had developed last summer which is not a good way to lose weight for sure. But, thankfully, the GI issue improved and is managed and I met my target weight. I have gained 5 lbs back of it over this winter and hope to get down to my target weight again once I can start getting some consistent walking back in. It's nice to wear clothes I have not worn in a while. Glad I didn't let them go.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 09:40 PM  
MathTeacher

I forgot that we started the Blue and You Fitness Challenge at work yesterday. I have to be strategic so I can get a lot of points for my team. It really annoys me when people sign up for the challenge then they don't do anything. It kills our average.

So far I have 4 out of 6 points.
Old 03-03-20, 04:53 PM  
Leonana

No workout yet today, hope to do a short strength workout this evening. I did a lot of cleaning yesterday, and it wiped me out. Today is also Goodwill day, my friend and I go every Tuesday. I was able to get some short sleeved tops for summer and a pair of jeans.

Vannie, I'm glad you have baseball to enjoy.

Katie, congrats on the weight loss!

MT, good luck with your work challenge. I hope the slackers don't slack!

Waves to Scarlett!