Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-05-20, 06:33 PM  
Donna D

Classical Stretch/Essentrics - Feb 2020

How did we get to February so fast? Wasn't it just Christmas?

Whether you only dab in Classical Stretch/Essentrics or it is your only form of exercise, join us when your schedule permits!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 06:37 PM  
Donna D

Pam - how are you doing with your lower back?

Anita - how are you doing with your recovery?

Jackie - how is your winter weather?

Waving to all! When time permits I'll tell you about my new technology.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 08:02 PM  
anetta

Donna:
Go to the doctor Tuesday. Hopefully I will be able to start putting weight on it. I feel like I am ready to walk but am also afraid 😟

I would think I will probably have to do physical therapy. Need to get back to work and driving.

Still doing modified CS and qigong and walking with my walker up and down my hallway with my good leg.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 10:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello Essentrics peeps!

I am on the mend, thanks Donna! IIRC, you were doing a month of ETV streaming? How did you enjoy it?

I’m still seeing my PT for IMS treatments, it’s a process! I’ve been keeping my workouts low key, mainly Essentrics & walking. I’m teaching Essentrics once a week. I went to an informal Essentrics instructor workshop on Sunday, met some lovely BC west coast instructors. We hope to do it again soon.

Anita - I hope all goes well on Tuesday! I can understand your nervousness about weight bearing, but you’ll get there! Sending you (((hugs))) & healing thoughts.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 12:41 AM  
anetta

Thank you for the well wishes everyone.

Pam also sending you well wishes for a speedy recovery-it’s your back isn’t it?

Anita
Old 02-11-20, 09:43 PM  
boundingaway

Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been teaching a lot of Essentrics classes and studying for my Level 3 exam.

Did you all discuss Jenny's new class on ETV? It's terrific, don't you think? Last year I was in Colorado and attended a number of Jenny's classes in person and found her to be an amazing teacher. Next month I might be able to do this again - here's hoping!

Best wishes for Anita and Pam - I hope you are both recovering well.
Old 02-12-20, 10:04 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundingaway View Post
Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been teaching a lot of Essentrics classes and studying for my Level 3 exam.

Did you all discuss Jenny's new class on ETV? It's terrific, don't you think? Last year I was in Colorado and attended a number of Jenny's classes in person and found her to be an amazing teacher. Next month I might be able to do this again - here's hoping!

I love all of the new workouts including Sasha's longer one. Hope they release more 45 min+ workouts in the future.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 06:43 PM  
anetta

Went to doctor yesterday. Still no weight bearing 😟. But new bones have grown he is very pleased. Don’t have to wear brace and can work on range of motion. Can do physical therapy or not up to me. I would like to do some sessions to make sure that I am not exercising my leg wrong does that make sense from you that have done physical therapy?

Go back to doctor on March 17th. Disappointed but don’t want to go backwards

I love the new workouts modified of course and I found that the pbs workouts have chair work so that helps.

Anita
Old 02-13-20, 11:12 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundingaway View Post

I did Jenny's class and I really like her as an instructor. I have not tried Sasha's yet. Amanda is one of my favorites.

With all of the snow shoveling lately, I have been staying up with CS/Essentrics and or Yoga to keep me stretched out. I have done a lot of Amanda's classes. I really like her posture stretch, the one that is 15 mins. I also like her back/neck stretch episode.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 09:14 PM  
anetta

Went to my first PT. I can ride my exercise bike for 10 minutes two times a day

Plus exercises which are basically classical stretch. Have to go to therapy two times a week.

Still non weight bearing but glad I can ride my bike. Will progress from weight bearing with walker to a cane and then no walker or cane (this being after released to non weight bearing hopefully after next doctor appointment on March 17th)

Did modified version of the new workout on etv today like it.

So I got an early birthday present tomorrow of being able to ride my bike who would have thought that 10 minutes could make my day

Anita