Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-13-20, 08:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Greetings! Another "made myself do it" day, I forced myself to go to the gym for a lower body, chest and back blast plus arc trainer.

Kate, hatha is a favorite of mine - if I join Gaia again I'll check those guys out. Your Vytas yoga sounds like a good way to stretch out that Cathe soreness.

I hope you get some relief soon, Sherry.

Well Pam I have to say that swimming in a sheltered lagoon sounds like the best physical therapy/self care I ever heard of. When do you leave?

Good morning Cyana, Margot, Jackie and anyone who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 12:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Kate, thanks for the suggestions. I admire your consistency with meditation! I am trying for every day, but is more like 3 or 4 times a week right now.

Ugh-yesterday was a planned rest day, but I tried ten minutes of a dance dvd I decided to keep. Today was an unplanned rest day. TOM showed up a week early (joy!) with awful cramps/headache. I hope to get back to exercising tomorrow. I wish menopause would come already! I'm so sick of this.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Try meditating every day even if only for 5 minutes. The repetition and routine will start to get easier and easier. And it's SO good for you.
Major bummer about TOM. It took a while but I'm finally in the latter stages of meno..I think. I hope. Feel better!!!! HUG

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 12:11 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Pam: You take the BEST vacations!!! Maybe I will someday if I ever retire. Or win the lottery. I hope you have fun. Sounds so warm and nice...it's 20 BELOW ZERO here today!!!

Pat: Three cheers to you for "making" yourself workout! Don't you think the workout gets better as you get into it?
I am really enjoying Hatha practices. Udaya has a bunch too.

One word: OW. Cathe hurt me mommy! Between the two workouts Tues and Wed, last night my inner thighs and hip flexors were SO sore I was almost limping. REALLY need to watch that - putting two heavy leg workouts back to back. At least two Cathe leg workouts. LOL.
Today was much better, still a bit sore but no limping. I did P90x + Upper+ /Abs-Core+ so totally focused just on upper body today. Whew.

A little early for lunchtime Yoga but I think I'll do a little Eoin Finn today. I have some amazing audio practices from some time ago that are delicious!!! It's all good.

Big hello to everyone else!! Wishing you peace and love.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 08:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and TGIF! Happy Valentine's Day!

Not much here, we have a trial going on all week and it was just a tiring day. I caught up on PT and did some stretching.

Kate, the workout definitely gets better. Getting changed and pushing play are the hardest part. The more I've been making myself workout the more my energy levels are going up. I hope your lower body feels better.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 11:25 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

My energy is really dragging this week.

Yesterday I did:

-Misty Tripoli/Heather Body Groove HIIT workout 4 . It was about 36 minutes. I enjoyed it, but these workouts do not get my heart rate up very much or burn a lot of calories. I know that isn't always the point, though. I needed a way to move when I had low energy, so this worked well for that.

Today:
-Yoga Upload 20 minute floor practice
-Gin Miller Aerostep done on the floor. I haven't done this in ages. I've been missing Gin. A sweet VF friend transferred this from VHS to dvd for me years ago. I had to fake the last combo which was hard to adapt to the floor.

Kate, I hope you are feeling less sore today.

Pam, the place you went swimming sounds gorgeous!

Pat, I hope you get time to relax this weekend.

Hi to Margot and Jackie.

I'll try to post later. I am making dinner at home tonight. We don't go out on holidays. I am making spinach lasagna (I use lower fat cheese) and red velvet cheesecake brownies from Sally's Baking Addiction. I'm glad it makes only an eight inch pan!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 11:33 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning yoginis!

I have been laying low, fighting off a cold that I’d prefer not to take to Hawaii with me, sigh! I’ve rallied the herbal army & I think they’re winning, fingers crossed. No formal workout yesterday, just some gentle stretching in between packing, organizing, & steaming myself, lol. I might get some Essentrics in this morning. I have a pedicure appt this afternoon at the local college’s esthetics school. They do a great job, but they are slow so I’ll take a book with me, lol. We go to Victoria tonight and leave for Honolulu via Vancouver tomorrow morning.

Kate - Wow, Cathe did a number on you, I hope you’ve fully recovered today! I’ve only ever done a couple of her basic step workouts as she scares me, lol.

Pat - Didn’t you live in Honolulu for a while when your DH was in the military? The lagoon we love is at Magic Island, between the Waikiki yacht club & Ala Moana park.

Sherry - Your dinner sounds amazing, enjoy! I hope you feel better! Menopause definitely does bring a very welcome end to TTOM, but does bring a few negatives too.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 09:19 PM  
cyana

Happy Friday and Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm SO happy this week is over. I'll catch up with everyone over the week-end.

I'm doing my Friday Night Eclectic You Tube Concert. I can fall into some serious music rabbit holes on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCWVuCCWqzQ

A blast from the distant past! One of my favorite One Hit Wonder songs.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 01:27 PM  
sherry7899

This morning:

-Petra Kolber's 3-2-1 Dance. I think this was the first time I used this dvd, even though I've had it for years . I love her personality, and this one taught the choreography in separate blocks instead of TIFT. There is the option to do all the blocks at the end, which I did. It was 55 minutes.

I was doing a Sarah Beth Yoga mellow chill stretch something, but my DH needed to use his work computer, walked in the finished basement saying "keep doing what you're doing. I'm not looking." That just broke the mood for me (sigh)...I may do yoga later while he's out for his walk and my son is still at work. That way no one can interrupt.

Cyana, I will have to check your music link.

Pat, I'm guessing it's even colder where you are than we are getting here! It is supposed to warm up tomorrow.

Pam, I hope you have a fantastic vacation.

Kate, are you less sore today? Maybe yin yoga would be a good idea.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Sherry

Old 02-15-20, 10:02 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, do you still have and use Yoga Booty Ballet dvds? I had gotten rid of mine, but now I want to do them again. I ordered a bunch from eBay and Amazon. I hope I like them! I loved the live drumming and their fun attitude.

Old 02-16-20, 08:47 AM  
Twigs

Happy Sunday everyone!

I'm just popping in to say I need to take a break for a while. When you think everything is going so well, life suddenly throws you a curve ball. It's not health related but the stress of the situation is causing DH and I a lot of anxiety at the moment. Qi gong and my energy work is definitely helping me keep perspective. This too shall pass.

Wishing you all well. Pam, have a great vacation.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote