Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-10-20, 11:14 AM  
sherry7899

Yesterday:

I did strength work on my own. I wanted to pick up weights, but I did not want to get discouraged by not being able to keep up with a dvd. I did two sets (ten reps each) for biceps, triceps, chest, back and shoulders

I did Yoga Su Yoga for your Back afterwards, which is lovely.

Today was a mixture of oldies. I am trying to figure out which dvds to keep and which to get rid of:

Sara Ivanhoe Power Beauty Sweat from her 20 minute makeover dvd set. I don't think I've ever done this one! I think the word "power" scared me off
I had to modify a bit, but I really enjoyed it. The scenery is lovely. I will do another practice from the set this week for sure. It wasn't power yoga at all, which is probably what I had thought from the title. There is balance work, which I love.

Donna Richardson Old School Dance Party-I did twenty minutes of this and liked it enough to keep it and do more of it. It is odd that she breaks down the simpler steps but does not really break down the fewer fast moving steps. She is upbeat and positive as always, and the live music is great

Brazilian Dance Workout-Vanessa Isaac-I bought this when it came out, got rid of it (forgot why) and found it at my library sale for fifty cents and bought it. Now I remember why I got rid of it-very long slow warmup, TIFT'ing and the same live drum (and normally I love live drums) pattern OVER and OVER. That didn't last long.

I also tried a Jessica Smith walking workout, which has convinced me that m body really does hate walking workouts now. My hip flexors and lower back tightened up within five minutes. Oh, well.....I can do walking online workouts because she doesn't do nearly as much walking in place, but any other walking workouts are pretty much out for me.

I ended up with 35 minutes of cardio. I usually do longer cardio, but I feel like I'm getting a cold, so I stopped.

Cyana-ouch! I am so sorry about your injury! Thanks for the information on the oils. The grocery store Wegmans has a really nice selection of Aura Cacia oils. The two rose scents are gorgeous and actually smell like roses. I may treat myself next time I go there since my birthday is the end of this month. They had the blends also, but did not have the tester bottles.

Pat-we had high winds, but not as bad as you had in your area. I hope your shoulder continues to heal.

Margot, I will have to check Vimeo for the Mimi workouts. I have several of hers I haven't even done yet, so I am not buying more (yet!) I wonder if they were released on dvd here. I need to check.
What did you think of the Bellyfit Moon Warrior? I haven't done any of hers in so long, to be honest. I wonder when episode 12 will FINALLY be released.

I signed up for a trial of Misty Tripoli, so I will definitely be doing the Body Groove HIIT workouts this week.

Pam-enjoy your visiting!

Sleep was better last night-fingers crossed! I fell asleep before 10:30 and woke up at 4:30, but managed to get another hour or so of sleep.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 03:38 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Wow Monday again already!

cyana: I really really like PHA3. Once I got used to the pace in between exercises it was great. Hope your finger is ok now.

Pat: I have been known to hang out in my jammies on Sundays. It's usually a pretty laid back day for me. I hope you feel better too.

Twigs: I saw some new footage of planes trying to land..I think it was at Birmingham airport? WINDY! Yes I absolutely still practice with Travis. I have many of his practices. They're all so good!

Sherry: SO glad to hear you're sleeping better. Have you ever tried using Melatonin supplements? Amazing stuff! It's fun going through old workouts and revisit them. I must admit I've gotten rid of a lot of old workouts that just didn't spark joy anymore.

So today I started out with Cathe's Pure Strength. I did both the upper body workouts back to back minus one cool down and one warm up. I just got this one back...haven't done PS in so long I don't even have old log notes. Very basic but very good strength work. Quite dated too, but I think this one stands the test of time.

Yoga today was from the Gaia website. One of three streaming Yoga sites that I can't part with. Gaia has two of my FAV instructors...David Magone and Troy Hadeed. If you subscribe to Gaia, definitely worth trying!
So today was Troy and a LOVELY Hatha practice called Discovering Layers. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hatha yoga. I love the slower pace. Not easier just slower.

Hope everyone has a great week. Big hello to anyone I missed.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 04:05 PM  
sherry7899

Kate, I have tried melatonin. Unfortunately, it gave me really bizarre dreams.

Old 02-10-20, 05:55 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Kate, I have tried melatonin. Unfortunately, it gave me really bizarre dreams.
Darn.
Chamomile tea?
Warm milk and honey before bed?
I got tons of remedies.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 02-10-20, 11:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

We had a lot of fun with our little ones on the weekend. Got home yesterday & did a neighborhood walk and some yin on my own

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics PCW 10 - standing
~6 km walk
~gentle Hatha yoga class by the fire

Cyana - Yikes, glad you didn’t lose any digits & hope it’s starting to heal!

Pat - Housework and cleaning are hazardous to one’s health! At least that’s my excuse.... Glad your shoulder is better today.

Sherry - Working through your DVD collection like that sounds fun!

Kate - I had a Gaia for a year until recently & really enjoyed it, lots of variety. I did a lot of practices by Cameron Gilley & Kreg Weiss.

Waves to Margot!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 08:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ 15 Minute Shoulder Openers with Tara Judelle
~ KCM Lower Body Tabata on Building & Burn
~ My own post-tabata sequence of inversion table, hamstring stretches with the belt in the three positions, "half wind" as Sarah Beth calls it (makes me giggle), half bow pose, sphinx and supported child's pose

The shoulder opening practice was what you would expect from one, but with an interesting twist. It ends with a series of bridge with the arms bent at the elbow and the focus is on strengthening the shoulder girdle. Very effective posture exercise.

Sherry, hopefully that cold feeling with go away and you can enjoy your Misty Tripoli series. Interesting about melatonin and weird dreams.

Nice workout Kate. I hadn't tried David Magone or Troy Hadeed when my Gaia was active. Are they power guys?

Pam, seriously housework is a hazard! LOL. I'm so envious of your fireside yoga.

Hello to everyone!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 12:56 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Pam: I love Cameron and Kreg also!! Two more Gaia favs. And there are SO many!

Pat: Magone and Troy and most Hatha. Slow movements, long holds, mostly intermediate I think.

Today I did Cathe's Pure Strength Strong Legs & Abs. Super basic but if you go heavy enough, it isn't easy. I like the Pure Strength workouts because it's just good old fashioned gym style lifting except for some floor work at the end.

Just getting ready to do Balance Galore on the Power Yoga site. It's a Kest practice. It looks to be a bit mellower than some of his, but with Bryan, you just do what you can and it's all so cool! ;-)

Hi and hugs to everyone else. Stay well, stay strong!

Old 02-12-20, 02:30 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all. All I can say today is "ow my aching legs and butt". I have to remember not to do a Cathe leg workout one day and a Cathe cardio workout the next. Today I did Maximum Intensity Cardio. My legs are dead! Probably not the best workout to do after a heavy leg day with all the jumping and step segment. Wowsers.

So in an attempt to give my poor legs a break, I did Vytas' Find Your Practice Stretch #2 on Udaya. Lots of good stretches and I really do like Vytas' precise alignment cues. My form always improves after his practices.
And still meditating every morning and sometimes in the late afternoon if I have time.

Hugs to all.

Old 02-12-20, 03:59 PM  
sherry7899

Kate, thanks for the suggestions. I admire your consistency with meditation! I am trying for every day, but is more like 3 or 4 times a week right now.

Ugh-yesterday was a planned rest day, but I tried ten minutes of a dance dvd I decided to keep. Today was an unplanned rest day. TOM showed up a week early (joy!) with awful cramps/headache. I hope to get back to exercising tomorrow. I wish menopause would come already! I'm so sick of this.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Old 02-12-20, 11:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Neighborhood walk

Today’s workouts:
~Walking Online: Under the Sea
~Yin on my own....forward bends, hip openers, chest openers, legs up the wall

I had my last IMS treatment today & I do think I’m on the mend. My PT gave me the go ahead to slowly start ramping up my workouts. I plan to get lots of swimming in on our holiday as there’s a lovely sheltered lagoon near where we are staying. It’s perfect for swimming lengths and the beach is never crowded. I’m taking my streaming subscriptions with me....ETV, OpenFit, MFML, & YC. There is a yoga studio close by so I’ll definitely take a class or two.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote