Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-08-20, 10:54 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Just got an email from my church choir director. Heidi, our piano accompanist (also church music director) fell and broke her hip. Having surgery tomorrow. Healing thoughts and prayers welcome.

I had a better time today. Excellent learning practice with the second soprano section. Then on the way home, I stopped at the Gilroy outlets and got just a few things at excellent bargain prices.

No exercise yet, but I intend to do a bit of Pilates at bedtime.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 07:14 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia How sad. I just prayed for Heidi.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 03:30 PM  
seabliss

Hi all! Yesterday I did work out but didn't have a chance to check in. I did Jessica's 12-Minute Low-Impact Cardio Blast and her 30-Minute Fusion Sculpt.

Lynn, if you haven't done the fusion sculpt yet, I feel like you would like it.

Today after church I prepared for another showing and then we walked around the lake during the showing. I think that is a little over 2 miles. I have 11k steps on my phone at this point, and I know I'll have a lot more by the end of the day.

Cynthia, I prayed for Heidi!

Diana, did you have nice weather today? It was so pretty today here.

I feel like these people who just saw our house might be interested. The realtor who showed it was the one who previewed it Friday. Also, they stayed 45 minutes. And we can see some footprints on the upstairs carpet and other signs that seem they were really checking it out.

Cheryl
Old 02-09-20, 08:47 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks for thinking of Heidi. Her husband has disabilities and can't take care of himself, let alone her. Her brother flew in form wherever he lives and was with her at the hospital today. Reported that the surgery went well. It is not yet known if he'll stay with them or if she'll have to go to a rehab facility. The pastor brought dinner to the husband (who is a nice person and very intelligent) last night and will do it again tonight. Our church is into food and we'll take over soon. I gave Heidi a prayer shawl last year when she had a less serious accident; she was reluctant to accept it then. Yesterday she was asking that it be brought to her in the hospital.

I read a book until past my bedtime last night, but I did some lower body Pilates this afternoon. Pilates of the Fit and Famous; it's the same lower body workout that's on the Winsor Cardio Pilates DVD.

Cheryl, I don't know what's been wrong with prospective buyers. I would love to live in your house if I lived in your state. A library room and a lake to walk around. And other nice things you've described.

Diana, is the shop dry?

Hi to Lynn. Hoping barre3 improves so you can enjoy it again.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 09:32 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I didn't go to the shop over the weekend. I think DH stopped by to check on things. He said it's drying up well. I am hoping there is no damage that needs to be repaired.

Seabliss Yes, the last couple of days has been nice.

Check-In: 30 minute on the bike.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-10-20, 08:16 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-10-20, 01:22 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes (second half of a good 60 minute one)
yesterday went to yin yoga class

Diana, glad the shop is doing better.

Cynthia, sorry about Heidi and nice the church is pitching in. I've been hearing a lot of bad news. My cousin's husband got killed -- hit by a car while riding his scooter, but they discovered he had stage 4 pancreatic cancer while trying to save him, so my cousin says it was a blessing in a way. One of my older students learned his wife has a very bad lung disease that is incurable. So I will send her a prayer shawl.

Cheryl, hope the house sells? Is Fusion sculpt on youtube or a dvd? I will check it out! Thanks for the tip!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 04:56 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I had my office today!

Check-In: JS 15 minute cardio strength w/5's, 11 minute buns & thighs circuit walk w/5's, 12 minute arms & abs circuit walk w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-10-20, 07:04 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Blogilates: Peach Booty and Thigh Shaper, as well as a mile outdoor walk. Also did other walking.

Lynn, I am so sorry about all the bad news. (((hugs))) The prayer shawl sounds like a good idea. The Fusion Sculpt workout was the one I linked in my post--it's on Youtube.

Diana, yay on getting the office back! Do they think the damage is all cleared up?

Cynthia, thank you for the kind words about my house! Of course we think it is a beautiful home, but it does have a busy road behind the backyard. The market was slow in general because of the time of year, but it's picking up now.

Cheryl
Old 02-10-20, 08:57 PM  
Diana3271

Seabliss At this time, 2 doors are going to be replaced. The problem with them is that they got wet and then the fans blowing on them split the surface. I'm probably not explaining it correctly. Tomorrow they will be coming back in to check the moisture in different areas of the walls. The adjuster told us today that if we don't get a clear on those moisture tests that the insurance company will be reluctant to renew our insurance. They can still cancel but I just want to make sure we do everything we are suppose to do. Continuing to pray for your house sale.

Lynn I understand. Sometimes it seems like it's one thing after another. I'm glad you can make a prayer shawl. I know the student's wife will appreciate it.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana