Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-20, 06:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Pam, that's fantastic! It's so good to be able to help someone out, and nice that it helped you too!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 01:05 PM  
sciencelady

Another decluttering act soon to be completed! I have a local boxing gym that will take some of my exercise equipment that I can't use any more due to bad arthritis (shoulder, hip, ankle and replaced knee) - kettlebells, Bosu, and exercise DVDs using that equipment. Yay! Plan to bring the stuff over Wednesday. I like supporting this gym.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 01:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh, man, sciencelady! Lucky gym!

I dropped off the two small boxes I had at the thrift store yesterday. They are moving to a different building and all the things I look at were apparently already moved so I didn't come home with anything. I'm kinda hoping they still have that Pilates tower I keep looking at!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 04:22 PM  
Izzy

I gave a book shelf away to a friend who has 3 teenagers and really needed a book shelf. This one was my dads and I did feel somewhat sentimental about letting it go but I think he would understand. Then yesterday I tackled my 2nd bedroom. Now, it was not a junk collecting room and I kept it neat and free of stuff but as I was sorting through papers, some bins, the desk....3 hours later a big trip to the recycling can and I cleared the desk so I can now donate that also to the same friend. And during this process I cleaned out the closet. There wasn't anything to really toss but organized the bins stored in there, etc. Then I cleaned the baseboards, floor and moved furniture. I will not lie, I felt so good!! I made one trip to Goodwill this month already after Christmas and I have another pile ready to go.

ETA, a friend of mine is a huge estate sale huntress. She loves going and finds incredible stuff. Her brother recently passed away and she found her grandmother's old pastel dishes. These would be like Fiesta ware but in pastel colors probably from the early 1900's. All but two are in excellent shape and chip free. She is thrilled. She is hunting around on the net for 2 more to make a complete set. This friend is very creative. I work in a library and we have this very old paper cutter, solid wood, probably from the 1960's. I hated to throw it out so I put it on the table and she and another creative genius circled the wagons so to speak. They circle and circled the item throwing out ideas on what to do with it. My friend took it home, dismantled it, and is taking the main top section and making a wall decoration/hanging out of it. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Wonderful!

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 04:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

We took four boxes to goodwill today, making progress!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 11:59 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Woo hoo, we sold our travel trailer today!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 05:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Pam, you're making such great progress I feel silly posting my paper sorting progress, lol.

Anyway, cheering you on...Good job!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 08:11 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
This friend is very creative. I work in a library and we have this very old paper cutter, solid wood, probably from the 1960's. I hated to throw it out so I put it on the table and she and another creative genius circled the wagons so to speak. They circle and circled the item throwing out ideas on what to do with it. My friend took it home, dismantled it, and is taking the main top section and making a wall decoration/hanging out of it. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Wonderful!

Mary
I love that Mary! Reminds me of Flea Market Flip on Great American Country where these people find these amazing items at flea markets and transform them. The creativity is amazing! And Reduce, reuse and recycle is my mantra although you'd never know it by looking at my house. I'm a work in progress.

Everyone sounds so busy and productive. I have not done a lot but am getting back with it with ebay listings. I seem to do better on ebay than selling locally. I finally sold a collectible that I'd advertised for months! DH has been pretty productive. He got all kinds of paperwork out of the basement and a few other things. He has a lot more that he would like to do but that was a good start.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 09:57 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Just doing a quick progress report. The LP records I set aside earlier this month went to the record store yesterday. I had about a 2-3" high stack plus a box set of Jimi Hendrix CDs in a purple velvet box (yes really. it was my son's)
Anyway I got $98 for them! The young woman I gave them to told me it would be about 15 minutes for they owner to look at them so I browsed the store and she came back to tell me. She said "I don't know what was in there because we never give $98 for so few items" I am pretty sure it was Cream's Disraeli Gears because it is OLD. I just did a search and found this:
https://autographauthenticationstore...0aAi-mEALw_wcB
Mine was not autographed however. I thought it would be worth some money and had some second thoughts about selling it but I have had it for at least 40 years and I wasn't about to try to sell it to a collector online. So it is gone and I am $98 richer! My husband would have just thrown it out.

Sherry this was at PRE.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 10:13 PM  
sherry7899

Leslie, I figured! You likely talked to Amanda or Laura. Our friend Ben does the pricing, but he is off this week, so Jon the owner or Rob would have done the pricing. My husband and son were in there last night! Small world!. My dh wrote an article recently about the 40th anniversary of the store this year.

I am glad they gave you good prices!

My dh has that Hendrix set.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing