Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-19, 06:29 AM  
IceQueen07

Streaming

Les Mills On Demand currently has a CyberWeek special for $119.00 for the year. Is it worth the $. I used to have when they first came out so I am not eligible for the trial anymore. I like combat and pump, but those are pretty much the only ones I did. I was also thinking about Cathe Live, but have so many of her dvds. Any opinions?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 08:00 AM  
Rhonda

I have LMOD now and at first was using it 3-4 times a week, but as the year went on I have rarely opened up the app the last few months. Guess my tastes have changed and even though I really like Combat, I got tired of doing them. I like the cxWorx and the step ones but just not enough to renew. Never cared for bodypump. I also like the short yoga workouts but I have plenty on DVD.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 04:48 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I have LMOD now and at first was using it 3-4 times a week, but as the year went on I have rarely opened up the app the last few months. Guess my tastes have changed and even though I really like Combat, I got tired of doing them. I like the cxWorx and the step ones but just not enough to renew. Never cared for bodypump. I also like the short yoga workouts but I have plenty on DVD.
Thanks Rhonda

**Candice**
Old 12-03-19, 07:26 PM  
deineira

I've signed up for LMOD a few times, but I find that after a couple of months I'm bored with it. Although they have different modalities, all of the workouts within each modality are pretty similar. I love Combat, but ultimately they're all the same after a while. I also noticed that they don't really add new workouts that frequently, so once you've worked your way through the 10-12 combats they have, then you're repeating them waiting for new content. It's pretty cheap, but ultimately I found signing up for a month or two here and there when I get the bug was sufficient. YMMV, however.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 10:29 PM  
carly

Les Mills on Demand is $14.99 a month, so $119 is about 8 months retail. So if you prefer more variety, get distracted easily or move on frequently it would be better to pay for a couple of months now and then when you are in the mood to do their workouts. Your choice and commitment. If you are an all in Les Mills fan then it is a great deal!
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 01:36 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I haven’t tried LMOD, but I love Cathe Live. There is so much variety that I am never bored. The level is maybe slightly easier than some of her dvds. I also love the variety of people who show up for the Live class. They are all ages, shapes and sizes which is easier to relate to than the perfect bodies in most videos. I’d also recommend Mike Donavanik’s Sweat Factor. Great variety of workouts and instructors.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 04:03 AM  
IceQueen07

Thanks everyone. Makes sense about Les Mills. I do get bored after a while. That's what happened with BOD, I think I will just do a month here and there. Probably the same with Cathe Live. It's hard because there are so many streaming options and only so much time to do the workouts.

**Candice**

Tags
les mills on demand