Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-28-18, 07:03 PM  
pfhanna

Millionaire Hoy left YouTube

Millionaire Hoy left YouTube and took all his workouts with him. His new site is:
https://millionairehoy.vhx.tv/ for $12.99 a month or $116.99 a year. I was sad to see this and hope others don't follow?? Anyone joining?

Thanks, Pam
Old 08-28-18, 07:23 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I don't do his workouts, but I can't blame him for leaving youtube! I am amazed by how much free content is on youtube. And I don't mean bootleg videos, but material people are putting up for free. How are they making any money?! Are advertising revenues that good??
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 07:45 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I don't do his workouts, but I can't blame him for leaving youtube! I am amazed by how much free content is on youtube. And I don't mean bootleg videos, but material people are putting up for free. How are they making any money?! Are advertising revenues that good??
Ditto!

Although, I think some would need to learn to do better with sound, editing, filming, etc. before being able to take it over to subscriptions, although maybe not, if they are liked and have enough of a following.

And yes, it’s possible to make a lot of money just on YouTube.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 08:17 PM  
jusca

Sounds great for him. I hope it works out very well for him. I can understand why he made the move.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 07:53 PM  
Genevieve M

Really admire him, but his workouts were was too high-impact for me. Understand that he has to make a living, and hope it works out for him.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 10:03 PM  
rhbrand

You can get quite a bit of revenue on YouTube once you reach their levels to get monietized.

Once you get 1000 subs, and 4000hrs of view time in a year, you can then get some ad revenue.

So, if you have a channel you like, either fitness, beauty, fashion, news, whatever, and you see an ad, let it play for a few extra seconds past when the "skip ad" shows up. It does give that channel a little more of the revenue for that view.

I do it quite a bit for the smaller channels I like. And I hope, if I ever reach 1000 subs and the view time, that someone will do that for me.
Old 08-31-18, 08:17 AM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
You can get quite a bit of revenue on YouTube once you reach their levels to get monietized.

Once you get 1000 subs, and 4000hrs of view time in a year, you can then get some ad revenue.

So, if you have a channel you like, either fitness, beauty, fashion, news, whatever, and you see an ad, let it play for a few extra seconds past when the "skip ad" shows up. It does give that channel a little more of the revenue for that view.

I do it quite a bit for the smaller channels I like. And I hope, if I ever reach 1000 subs and the view time, that someone will do that for me.
I used to use his yoga stretches a lot. With all the other free YouTube workouts I hope he makes a go of it? Others have left YouTube, Mike Donavanik, Shelley Dose, and I hope not many more. I feel lucky to have so many freebie workouts and I support some that I really use most often.
Old 08-31-18, 09:20 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

This isn't exercise related, but I have a 13 year old niece who recently went to a local appearance of two Youtube kids who have their own channel where they talk about makeup and fashion. Apparently, these two kids are millionaires, so it's definitely possible to make money on youtube, IF you have a large following. These two kids have over 5 million subscribers!

Jessica Smith is another example of someone who used Youtube to her advantage. She gives away all that free content (I think she has over 400 videos on there) but still manages to sell DVD and downloadable workouts. I have no idea what her sales are like, but she has over 400,000 subscribers.
Old 08-31-18, 10:53 AM  
pfhanna

I just did Jessica's Total body yoga/pilates/mash up workout, on YouTube today. It's an oldie but goodie, 60 minutes long and total body for sure. I will buy her dvd's since I think she has excellent workout's. Her metabolic step with weights is still on my favorites list
Old 08-31-18, 11:25 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I always thought Millionaire Hoy's workout looked great, but must admit I never actually did one

If I were trying to make money though streaming, I would still leave a few freebies on youtube (and put out an occasional new freebie) to try to attract new customers.

Linda (Barlates) and Jessica are probably more generous than they need to be to make money, but due to their enormous collections of free workouts, I often make a point to purchase their DVDs to help support them.

Tags
millionaire hoy