Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-07, 02:06 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Born: Pittsburgh, PA

Newest fitness toy: Foam Roller. I got it for back pain, but I have to figure out what the heck people are doing with these things!

Passion: To get good at pullups again. I moved 9 months ago, and we just got the pullup bar put up in our new house last weekend. I also have begun road cycling which has been really fun.

Plans for summer: Not much for the summer, but I'm going to the Bahamas with a girlfriend on Wednesday! Wahoo!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 02:47 PM  
cmarsh4

Where were you born?
Kansas City, MO

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest?
Cathe, I thought she was to advanced for me but I started with her basic and have moved up and now I cant get enough.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer?
Going camping and hiking in Estes Park, CO

What is one thing you love about VF?
I love all the great info and advice from all the other VF'ers
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 03:49 PM  
kyliemacallan

I was born in Atlanta, GA.

My newest fitness passion is anything Tracie Long-I think she rocks!!!

We are going to Walt Disney World for 9 days-summer school for the kids and maybe a trip to my folks in North GA.

I love the commraderie and sharing lives in our checkins.

Fun thread-Elizabeth
kyliemacallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 04:20 PM  
jerebo

I was born in Petersburg, VA.

My latest fitness passion is probably a toss-up between Turbo Kick and iballet. I'm also getting into spinning.

Plans for the summer A trip to Russia for research purposes--and to see some old friends.

What I like about VF I like the comraderie here. Everyone is so nice, and there's always good information.
jerebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 04:24 PM  
ooty

Where were you born? South India

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Umm umm.. I would have to say fitness clothing.. I don't buy, but I look and look and look and manage to keep it under control by writing out a check to a charity. I really don't need more fitness clothing. Running shoes, running shorts/skirts..

I am hoping my toy will be a bike soon.. but I feel really silly walking to a bike shop and telling them that I have not really biked

So, I guess my answer would have to be, Cardiocoach, well what can I do, still rock and roll to me.

OMG, I forgot.. it has to be my Garmin Forerunner 305.. how did I forget..well, I don't really use it to be in the right HR zones and all that, but I feel naked if I run without it.. I want it on me.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Nothing specific, perhaps start training for a half mary again. Dunno.. I don't plan that far ahead..

What is one thing you love about VF?

Well, I love everything about VF. People have encyclopedic knowledge, their enthusiasm for fitness is contagious, they are generous in sharing their knowledge and time and videos/DVDs and even I, who used to be a careful spender got swayed here .

But if I have to pick one thing, I learned to feel happy for others by lurking here (yes, you have to believe me.. I did lurk here). People are incredibly supportive and happy for any small accomplishment that is posted..both in check-ins and General Discussion. I am also amazed at the outpouring of support I have seen for people who go through tough times, it is hard to believe it is a cyber environment.. it feels real to me. You all also taught me that it was OK to be excited and happy and tell it to others.. I was not quite like that before. But I used to read posts where people did not hide their happiness/excitement and it really felt great to be able to share it with them.
Old 05-14-07, 04:30 PM  
ooty

I forgot.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Laura!
Old 05-14-07, 04:42 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Where were you born?Colorado Springs, Colorado (I'm an Air Force Brat, have lived everywhere!)

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Recently got an Elliptical trainer, but have been going on a heavy Strength rotation for the last month or so. Really like Amy Bento lately!

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Nothing at all, I live such a boring life. Work, home, and a big garden to keep me busy this summer. And as many good workouts as I can squeeze in.

What is one thing you love about VF? The people here! VERY supportive, VERY generous and no one here looks at you funny when you talk about fitness vids, and the desire to acquire more!

Kate

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 05:07 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

For those that felt a little stressed out by the last question (ONE thing you like about VF), I figured I'd word it that way so everyone didn't feel like they had to write a book. There are so many things to love about VF! If you wrote more, that's great.

Don't know why I was in the mood to start this thread, but it has been fun reading the responses. Thanks to everyone who jumped in.

Thanks, Ooty. My husband gave me the gift of participating in my mental health day, so we did things together and I did some fun stuff (for me) by myself - like hanging out on VF!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 05:10 PM  
vron30075
VF Supporter

Where were you born? GA

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Rediscovering the Firm and belly dance after taking a substantial break.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? School and long papers. Resting. Healing. Exercising.

What is one thing you love about VF? That it’s still here. Through all of the heart-aches and tragedies over the last few years, I come back and your all still here like an old faithful friend. :O) (or maybe I should say :O( …..I u guys!)
vron30075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 05:46 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Born: Baltimore, Maryland

Newest fitness passion: CrossFit

Summer Plans: hopefully, none. I really want to stay home, relax, and garden

Love about VF: That's there such a large community of people who share the same interests. That I can get online anytime and there are fresh conversations - always something new to learn & laugh about. And that I've learned so much about computer & other tech-y stuff here too
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, introductions