Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-22-20, 10:59 AM  
sherry7899

Kate, yes Bombay Jam is an Indian dance workout. I did not enjoy it nearly as much as Just Jhoom.

This morning I did a mash up of workouts. I may add on more later if I feel up to it:

-woke up all stiff, so I did some yoga on my own

-Yoga Booty Ballet Live Go Go-yoga warmup and cardio segments-added up to 30 minutes

-Petra Kolber Just Dance-warm up and first block of cardio

-Chalene Johnson Hip Hop Hustle Fan Volume 6 Round 10-I did about 20 minutes of it before giving up. Chalene's "I'm so cool" vibe and chatter about how many calories you are burning turned me off. Plus, the music was way too low.

-SaraBeth Yoga-Yoga Chill

I'll check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 05:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!
Thank you for all the healing thoughts & wishes!

I decided that it’s time to stop moping about and do something constructive, so back to my workouts today. And hey, I’m in Hawaii! I’ve been walking very short distances but, although it’s slowly improving, my foot gets sore pretty easily. I went back to the clinic yesterday for a follow up and am on antibiotics. DH rented me a wheelchair for longer distances as he wants to get out more. I absolutely hate it, but it’s better than hibernating. We’ve enjoyed being out and about and had some awesome food and beverages. He’s gone on a big walk around Diamond Head & I’ve got my workouts in:
~YT: Tank Top Arms - this is a long time fave for travel that uses a resistance loop. I had to skip the short plank segment.
~ETV: Gail’s 10 min leg toning
~ETV: CS 1020 Back Pain Relief - a lovely lower body stretch all on the mat
~Legs up the wall
~ETA I managed to rack up 8000 steps (baby steps really as I’m still pretty gimpy, lol), but I’ll take it.

Sherry - Enjoy your YBBs!

Kate - Thanks for the link to Eoin’s practices. You are making me miss Gaia, lol.

Pat - Your massage sounds heavenly!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 01:36 PM  
sherry7899

Pam, thanks! I admire you for making the best of a hard situation.

This morning:

-Yoga Booty Ballet Live Latin-cardio portion-fun and pretty easy to follow. I would use this again. Next time I will try the whole dvd

-Shaun T Rockin Body Cardio Party (may have the title wrong) It was the 44 minute class on the disc-very fun, cheesy as anything, and I'd use it again

-Cathe Stretch Max -stretch with stability ball 20 minutes. I haven't used my stability ball in years. I should have inflated it more! I have to dig out the pump. I hope it still works! I really liked the stretch and I'll use the other two stretches on the disc soon.

We are having a mellow day. Our son is at his girlfriend's. We are looking forward to the return (finally!) of Better Call Saul tonight. I wish it were on at 9pm instead of 10 pm, though.

I received an early birthday package from a dear VF friend (my birthday is on Tuesday). She sent some lovely cosmetic/body items, two Snoopy wind up toys, a beautiful handmade purple scarf, a recipe binder , and a Snoopy book called "Keep Calm and do the Snoopy Dance. " She knows my love of dance and Snoopy. It is adorable!

Have a great day!
Sherry

Old 02-23-20, 02:53 PM  
cyana

Trying to catch up - Greetings from the land of work-life imbalance. As they say, this too, shall pass.

Pam - Oh no on your injured toe!!! I'm glad you're still enjoying your vacation in Paradise. Thanks for mentioning that CS 1020 episode. I don't know why Season 10 has largely languished after arriving here "very several" years back!

Sherry - An early Happy Birthday to you since I may not be back on line before Tuesday with wishes for many years of good health and happiness. A friend made me a scarf some years back that has purple in it and it's my favorite to wear when I'm heading out in the cold to go to the farmer's market. That was a lovely and thoughtful gift from your VF friend.

Pat - I can't wait to hear your review from the Bowie Band concert. I've had cupping as part of acupuncture treatments, but never a cupping massage. It makes sense on so many levels and sounds absolutely divine - ahhhhhh. I hope you've had some mild weather so you could head to the beach for a winter walk. One of my farmer's market vendors sends out an email with a list of what they're bringing to the market so people can pre-order, and they always include some pictures from the farm. The latest one had a lovely picture of a pink sky. As much as you hear me moaning and groaning about winter, I must admit I've really enjoyed the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets over the past several months.

Kate - I had to chuckle when you mentioned recently that Cathe made you sore - she was the first video instructor who truly made me question whether I was actually going to puke in a bucket!! I was used to working out first thing in the AM on an empty stomach, but I'd gotten busy on this particular week-end morning and hadn't eaten in about a day and a half when I unwrapped Leaner Legs for a test drive. I think my blood sugar was probably approaching zero, but fortunately, no puking (insert massive sigh of relief here!!). Thanks so much for posting that link to Eoin's practices. I remember several of those from way back when he first released those (Honey, Tragically Hips, etc) and misplaced some of the links over the years, so it will be great to revisit some of those oldies but goodies.

Margot - Sending you a warm cyber ((hug)). I hope you're finding comfort and stress-relief in your qi gong practices. I don't know if you have Lee's anxiety practice, but I've found that one to be downright magical.

Jackie
- Hope all is well in your neck of the woods while you're on VF sabbatical.

Since I still have a dressing on my injured finger (I think it's doing well overall, but it's really presented some logistical challenges and I'm impatiently awaiting the day when I don't need any sort of dressing) - my plans for week-end bulk cooking have been scaled back, but I wanted to share this recipe for Ultimate Seed Crackers from Downshiftology.com: https://downshiftology.com/recipes/u...seed-crackers/ . I made a batch of these day and they were so easy and they're tasty and healthy. Lisa says you can use up to 2 T of herbs/spices to season the crackers, so I used 1/2 tsp of both onion and garlic powder and 1 rounded tsp of Adobo. You could do all sorts of seasonings depending on your mood and what you have on hand. I'll definitely make these again and at some point will likely do a double or triple batch and put them in the dehydrator.

And now, I really need to get in my work-out since the crackers are out of the oven and cool enough to pop into a container. I'll try to get back on and post my work-out later.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 05:05 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Cyana!

I had energy, so I did a short cardio-Shaun T. Rockin Body Party Express. It was fun. Of course my DH who had said he was going on a walk came into our finished basement. I came to a dead stop. I don't exercise in front of anyone, even my DH. I started back up and finished it.

Have a good evening.

Sherry

Old 02-23-20, 08:04 PM  
cyana

Today:
Holden 2.7.2020 class - a lot of good, twisty spine work and married some qi gong flows with tai chi stepping movements, with an emphasis on moving backward (since we normally move forward in our day to day activities).

I decided I'd go for it and remove my finger dressing before I did my qi gong practice. I don't think it's ready for prime time yet (as in full time open to air), but I'll keep scaling my dressing back and try to give it some dressing free time every day. I accidentally whacked the crap out of that finger on a door frame a day or two ago and would've probably sat down on the floor and cried had it not been dressed securely. It's still pretty tender.

Sherry - I'm not a fan of having an audience when I work out. Although over the years, I've gotten to the point where I keep going through most work-outs when a family member walks in. The thing that makes me nuts is when DH wants to have a conversation and I just want him to leave so I can focus on my work-out.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 10:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s offerings:
~Tracey Mallett Beginner Pilates (youtube)
~ETV: Meg’s arm toning
~MFML: Healthy Back 3 Supine Hips & low back - This was a very thoughtful stretchy practice. Lizzie gives subtle cues for minor form adjustments that help you get more out of the stretches and make you more body aware. I like her practices a lot.
~10,000+ baby steps in fits & starts.

I’m so glad I went back to the clinic for follow up as I’m pretty certain I had an significant infection brewing, the antibiotics have kicked in nicely. I’m still bandaged up, but less bulky and able to wear my comfy Oofos now. I’m probably walking more than I should, but I can’t sit still too long.

My left hip flexor feels tight, likely from being a bit limpy favoring my right foot. I think I’ll do a few more hip stretches on my own.

Cyana - Fingers are tough to heal, that’s a long haul for you. That cracker recipe looks really good! Yes CS season 10 is not one I go to. I was looking for an all floor episode on ETV and I found 5....3 in season 10 & 2 in season 9.

Sherry - How nice to get an early birthday present! I’m not at all inclined to any cardio in front of my DH, but I will do Essentrics, Pilates, or yoga. I have Bluetooth ear buds so I’m using them here as we are in a studio suite. That way he doesn’t have to listen to the workout as I know he will make silly comments.

Sending (((hugs))) to Margot.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 09:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Hurray, finally got a workout yesterday. DH and I walked at the osprey trail (not back yet) and then went to the gym where I did weights. I really need some yoga.

Kate, Eoin is so nice to put free material up. I love that mop of hair.

Sherry I see you broke into your YBBs. I hope you are feeling better. What a nice VF present!

Pam, bravo to your DH for making you get outside and enjoy paradise. I'm so happy to hear the swelling is going down and you can get about in your Oofos. So pray tell, how has the food been?

Cyana, pre-orders from the farmer's market - sounds like spring is knocking. I hope your finger is dressing free soon - so cumbersome when you do computer work. I'm glad you got to check in!

Groan, it's Moan Day and the pile I left here on Friday is still here waiting.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 10:40 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pat!

I hit my highest step count ever yesterday, a little over 15,000 steps! For me that is great. My knees are talking to me today, though.

This morning I did an hour long NIA workout, which was fun. I will do stretching or yoga later.

Have a great day-
Sherry

Old 02-24-20, 05:54 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello dear Yoginis!
Just a quick drive by. I did read all your posts, just no time to reply to all. I am SO happy to share some of my favorite Eoin practices. He instructs so well that I have no problem following his audio practices. Like Eoin says...it's all good!

Went back to Udaya and did Rudy's I Wanna Hold Your Hand(stand). I have only done this one once and that was a long time ago. I didn't remember any of it. Not nearly as hard as I was afraid of. I'm not too good at handstands but then again, I don't practice them very much. This practice had some great prep work and I actually got kind of close to the wall I was using.

Still working on Cathe and Michelle D workouts this week.

I hope everyone has a great week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote