Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-20, 09:42 AM  
Exercise Diva

I did Jenny's class for the first time yesterday, and wow, is she a great instructor! Her cuing and instruction made certain moves that I've struggled with really click. Hope to see more from her.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 08:31 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Hello! I have been dabbling in Classical Stretch of late due to quite a bit of work travel coupled with a pretty painful rotator cuff issue. It seems to be the only thing I am able to do! I'm wondering how often you all do it and why you keep it up (results? just feels good?). I have season 8 on dvd and am trying the streaming for a month but am a bit overwhelmed with the choices. Any recommendations?

A little about me: I'm 60 years old, lifetime home exerciser/vidiot. I also like reformer pilates, gentle rebounding and kettlebells, though the latter is out of the question right now till I get this shoulder healed up. My exercise routine has really taken a hit due to long work hours and travel so I am looking for something that I can do wherever and that I can be consistent with. Yoga isn't clicking with me right now.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 09:41 AM  
Exercise Diva

[QUOTE=Gale K.;2860481]Hello! I have been dabbling in Classical Stretch of late due to quite a bit of work travel coupled with a pretty painful rotator cuff issue. It seems to be the only thing I am able to do! I'm wondering how often you all do it and why you keep it up (results? just feels good?). I have season 8 on dvd and am trying the streaming for a month but am a bit overwhelmed with the choices. Any recommendations?

Good luck with your rotator cuff, Gale. I had shoulder surgery in November and can relate to how painful and limiting a shoulder injury can be in terms of what you can/can't do. I would also love to hear about actual results from doing a more exclusive CS rotation. I've been "dabbling" in CS for a long time now, and I love how it makes me feel, and will never give it up, for that reason. In fact, I'm finding that it's helping me more than some of my PT stretches with bringing back my shoulder mobility. The shoulder work in CS is no joke. That being said, I still can't bring myself to making it a bigger part of my overall routine, and I think it's because my head is telling me that it's not enough to keep in shape.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 10:05 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
Hello! I have been dabbling in Classical Stretch of late due to quite a bit of work travel coupled with a pretty painful rotator cuff issue. It seems to be the only thing I am able to do! I'm wondering how often you all do it and why you keep it up (results? just feels good?). I have season 8 on dvd and am trying the streaming for a month but am a bit overwhelmed with the choices. Any recommendations?

A little about me: I'm 60 years old, lifetime home exerciser/vidiot. I also like reformer pilates, gentle rebounding and kettlebells, though the latter is out of the question right now till I get this shoulder healed up. My exercise routine has really taken a hit due to long work hours and travel so I am looking for something that I can do wherever and that I can be consistent with. Yoga isn't clicking with me right now.
I am over 60 and I do CS/Essentrics at least 5x per week. My goal is daily but sometimes I can't get it in because I am trying to get other workouts in. Lately I have been doing them in the morning first thing. I did this a few years ago and honestly it just made me feel so much better all day. I do yoga as well and vary the intensity and length. Some days I feel I can only do Gentle yoga and other days I feel I can do more intense.

I have most of the DVD's and do the streaming as well. On the streaming I do add the workouts I like on my "list" which helps. When you have down time I suggest just going through and looking for ones that you think will work for you in terms of length, areas worked, and intensity. I do like how they broke things down on their new website.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 10:21 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Thank you for your responses, Izzy and Exercise Diva!

I did spend some time looking around the streaming site and found a section for frozen shoulder. I don't have a frozen shoulder, but they look good for shoulder mobility and strengthening. I did Season 12--Frozen Shoulder this morning and it felt (mostly) good. I'm shooting for doing an episode in the mornings before leaving for work. I start PT tomorrow. Will see how this goes!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 07:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Gale! I hope your PT goes well!
I do Essentrics 3-5 times a week & that includes teaching one or two classes. I had a lot of upper back/shoulder tightness & pain last fall and found the shoulder episodes from the CS seasons helpful. I also like the shoulder focused workouts from the Ultimate Stretch and Stretch & Strength in Motion sets along with the ETV exclusive Posture workouts. In general, I tend to gravitate towards the newer ETV exclusive workouts by Gail, Amanda, Meg, Alexa, & Jenny. Gail is my fave.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 03:29 PM  
Izzy

I had a good month over all Essentrics/CS wise. I did Alexis' new workout two days ago and really liked it. I got in at least 4 workouts a week, alternating with yoga and walk almost everyday.

Where as I like these streaming workouts, I do wish they would put some on DVD.

I hope everyone had a good month. Onward to March.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 12:48 PM  
anetta

Really loving all the new workouts modified still

Love the streaming.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote