Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-20, 09:31 PM  
Mickey12

I did the Flexibility practice tonight. I really enjoyed it. It did feel too hard except for bird of paradise pose. There is no way I will ever be able to do that pose. I could feel Travis channeling Bryan Kest during the flow section of the practice. It made me smile because Bryan is one of my favorite instructors. I know Travis studied under Bryan and that may be one of the reasons why I like Travis so much. With very few exceptions I don’t need to see the screen because his instruction is so good. I just close my eyes and listen. Amazing class.

I did the Level Up Meditation too. It was really nice, I liked it even though I struggle to stay present during meditations.

Thanks AnMrsDe for convincing me I should get the set. It’s so good!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 09:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbaruba View Post
Just read this email.

Level Up 108 will be available to Purchase & Download for only 7 more days. After January 1st, Level Up 108 will no longer be available to purchase as a standalone program and download. *HOWEVER, it will be available to STREAM on Inner Dimension TV starting 1.6.20.

*Anyone who purchases Level Up 108 by January 1, 2020 will still have full access to the levelup108.com site

I don't think I would have bought it if I had known there was a finite date for downloading.
This bugs me. Not only can we not get DVDs but now if we don't have the money for the downloads by the 7th we can never purchase this to own. I mentioned the program to hubby but there was no, oh then you probably better go ahead and get it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 09:43 AM  
laurajhawk

I caved at the last minute (overcome with FOMO ). I don't often do full hour-long yoga on DVD anymore, because I go to a lot of live classes, and I teach so I use some of my practice time to develop sequences. Still, I think these will be a good challenge level for me when I do get around to them, and I do love Travis. I did the Body Scan meditation last night and liked it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 09:24 PM  
Mickey12

I did Crosstrain tonight. I really liked it. I found it challenging and took a few breaks, but overall it was do-able. I was a little sore in the shoulders and glutes from last night so I think that's why I needed the breaks. I enjoyed the words of wisdom from Travis in this one a lot. He touched on some subjects that really spoke to me. He's such a good instructor. The music is perfectly matched to the movements, building as the practice gains intensity.

Crosstrain and Yin are my favorites from the UY set. I don't know which crosstrain I like better. I think UY Crosstrain is a more traditional practice, but the subject matter in LevelUp Crosstrain was extremely relevant for me.

I'm really happy I purchased these.

Kim
Old 01-03-20, 10:47 AM  
AnMrsDe

Love that you guys are enjoying this series!

It is GREAT and I am so glad I wasn't intimidated to purchase it....as I am finding it very doable albeit skipping the poses I find aren't a good fit for my body. (I.E. Yin...I just find those poses so uncomfortable for my knees/hips and ended up modifying practically the whole thing.) Plus, those holds are just so long: 3-5 min. and I get antsy! Now, with Michelle Goldstein's Yin Yoga, there is not one pose that my hips/knees complain!! I just need to do what feels good for my body, I believe.

I did Flexibility today - wow! Another fantastic class!! Loved that it is flow focused while balance and stretches are the number one focus. BOP, splits, 1 leg balance work, "celibacy pose" (which is when your legs shape an "x" and is easier for women, I would imagine!). This was the first time I heard this in a yoga class...is this just Travis' pose? I googled and it brought up "celibate pose" or "levitation hold" as I knew it to be called.

Kim, I won't be able to do BOP anytime soon, either, as my shoulders just don't allow me to bind. Still a great class and love how through each and every class Travis just is superb in his instruction! And today......drum roll.......I made it thru 8 MIN of the meditation!!!!! That is a RECORD! My mind wonders so much...I think the meditations are the most difficult for me (my mind, anyway)!! Any tips from anyone to help for me to "be in the moment" and not thinking of so many other things??? Kate, I know you are the Queen of Meditating! Any thoughts?

Laura, thank you for your post awhile back about mentioning about this series...I must've missed the original thread initially. Glad to see you got it at the last second! No FOMO for you, LOL!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 12:17 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Love that you guys are enjoying this series!

It is GREAT and I am so glad I wasn't intimidated to purchase it....as I am finding it very doable albeit skipping the poses I find aren't a good fit for my body. (I.E. Yin...I just find those poses so uncomfortable for my knees/hips and ended up modifying practically the whole thing.) Plus, those holds are just so long: 3-5 min. and I get antsy! Now, with Michelle Goldstein's Yin Yoga, there is not one pose that my hips/knees complain!! I just need to do what feels good for my body, I believe.

I did Flexibility today - wow! Another fantastic class!! Loved that it is flow focused while balance and stretches are the number one focus. BOP, splits, 1 leg balance work, "celibacy pose" (which is when your legs shape an "x" and is easier for women, I would imagine!). This was the first time I heard this in a yoga class...is this just Travis' pose? I googled and it brought up "celibate pose" or "levitation hold" as I knew it to be called.

Kim, I won't be able to do BOP anytime soon, either, as my shoulders just don't allow me to bind. Still a great class and love how through each and every class Travis just is superb in his instruction! And today......drum roll.......I made it thru 8 MIN of the meditation!!!!! That is a RECORD! My mind wonders so much...I think the meditations are the most difficult for me (my mind, anyway)!! Any tips from anyone to help for me to "be in the moment" and not thinking of so many other things??? Kate, I know you are the Queen of Meditating! Any thoughts?

Laura, thank you for your post awhile back about mentioning about this series...I must've missed the original thread initially. Glad to see you got it at the last second! No FOMO for you, LOL!
I never encountered this pose in a practice that I could remember. I found it hard to do until I adjusted the distance of my feet. Then it felt better.

Kim
Old 01-03-20, 03:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

AnMrsDe,
it's ok that your mind wanders. Every time you notice it, just make a point of settling it or going back to focusing on your breath. Just keep trying -- eight minutes is great!
Old 01-04-20, 09:36 AM  
Mickey12

I did Yin last night. Travis started off saying it was not going to be the typical, blissful yin because it was in the Level Up 108 practices. I found it to be very blissful. I think the hardest pose was half (or full) splits. That's hard to hold for 3 minutes. He also had dragon pose in this practice which is in the UY yin practice too. My hands were sore this morning and I think it was due to having a lot of body weight on my hands from those two poses. I'm not that flexible so I am quite high in these poses with a lot of weight on my upper body.

The remaining poses were extremely blissful and I could have fallen asleep in some of them. I truly adore yin practices. I loved this practice. Great music, great Travis, great poses.

Kim
Old 01-05-20, 12:16 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
AnMrsDe,
it's ok that your mind wanders. Every time you notice it, just make a point of settling it or going back to focusing on your breath. Just keep trying -- eight minutes is great!
Thank you, bee! I will keep trying...the meditations are the hardest for me to keep my mind where it should be, for sure!

I did Gentle and Hard Core today. While Gentle is nice, I think I prefer UY Gentle or Yoga30for30 Gentle. I missed supported bridge. Tough to beat those two. Plus, I think there is more mat work in UY and Yoga30for30, so more of an "ahhh" factor for me.

Hard Core is basically the same 11 exercises as in Yoga30for30 HC just in a different sequence; there might be one or two different. I did think it would be hard to top Yoga30for30 HC, as that one is my ultimate w/o core point in relation to my core strength. When it becomes difficult, I know I need to add more core work to my rotation! I am glad to have another choice as LU HC was nice that it is a voice-over with less instruction and no echo, though.

Kim, I think the thing with Yin (for me) is not only the difficulty/flexibility of the poses, it is the inability my joints have to allow me in certain poses. That, I surmise, is why I never cared for any of Travis’ Yin practices, as he asks too much of my body! I can do other instructors’ Yin classes just fine, but not Travis’. Not sure why that is. Glad you enjoyed it!

I’m anxious to see if the Upper Body Yin will be different and not as taxing for my upper body joints....
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 05:13 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I did the Flexibility practice tonight. I really enjoyed it. It did feel too hard except for bird of paradise pose. There is no way I will ever be able to do that pose. I could feel Travis channeling Bryan Kest during the flow section of the practice. It made me smile because Bryan is one of my favorite instructors. I know Travis studied under Bryan and that may be one of the reasons why I like Travis so much. With very few exceptions I don’t need to see the screen because his instruction is so good. I just close my eyes and listen. Amazing class.
I know! I hear that in his instruction a lot too. I also love BK! And LOVE when I don't have to watch the screen at all in my practice.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
level up 108, travis eliot, travis eliot downloads, travis eliot streaming