Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-16-19, 01:00 PM  
violingal3

Easing morning sickness

I finally have been on a nice, regular exercise routine for several months with a 1.5 year old and here comes morning sickness again... Maybe my brain forgot what it was like with my first, but I am just not feeling good at all. Not like puking at the toilet all day, but just walking around like a zombie with that nauseated feeling. Maybe a little physical exercise might help? Or will it make it worse? haha It's hard to get out and walk and get some fresh air with the cold weather, and baby is really sensitive to the cold air. I was thinking Essentrics, barre?? Has anything worked well for you? Any ideas appreciated!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 02:20 PM  
gladgirl

Congratulations! Sorry you are not feeling well.

It's been a long, long time for me.

But, what worked for me through 4 pregnancies was hot ginger tea and plain saltines (without the salt)
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 02:37 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I have no advice - just lots of well wishes! Congratulations!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 02:41 PM  
Erica H.

Congratulations! Cardio did help with my morning sickness as long as I didn't get overheated.

My doctor also recommended salt/fat combo for food (chips, pizza...).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 03:09 PM  
bubbles76

Ginger beer and saltines, no salt. Good luck!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 06:37 PM  
cecififi

I feel for ya! I had morning sickness right up until I gave birth to my first child (took diclectin the whole time to ease it a bit but it was constant). The second one - the morning sickness was just as bad but only lasted 5 months. This is what worked for me - I didn't mix drinking with eating. That helped a lot! that and taking diclectin helps. Congrats though.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 07:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, I think having something in your stomach might help and maybe it's a different magic thing for each woman/each pregnancy. For me it was a glass of milk. I'm not even much of a milk drinker, but I had to always make sure I had it in the house back then. Good luck!
Old 12-16-19, 10:19 PM  
Taiga

Vitamin B6 (always taken with food later in the day) resolved my morning sickness. It helped several of my friends as well.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2047064

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25052410
Old 12-16-19, 11:01 PM  
alisoncooks

Aw, congrats! My oldest was around that age when I was pregnant with my second (they're just under 2 years apart). I have no suggestions, just commiseration. I had miserable morning sickness with both. Prescription meds stopped the vomiting but I was miserable all 9 mos. Best wishes for feeling better!
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 02:14 PM  
violingal3

Thanks for all the tips! I'll have to look into the B6! Seems like feast or famine for me - so hungry so I fill up and then so sick I can't eat. Pizza is a must, if there's ever an excuse to eat more pizza now is the time. Haha I didn't do that enough last time! Warm milk and honey seems to help.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pregnancy