Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-19, 03:46 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I get Bret's email newsletter and I do remember he mentioned this book coming out. I checked it out on Amazon and it does look great but I am not sure I should be getting another book. I am trying to minimize "stuff" in my house. Does he discuss how to deal with lower back and hip pain in terms of prevention and designing programs after injury?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 04:57 PM  
Hedgehog

About half of the book is full color examples of the exercises. The rest is science, research and exactly what you would expect from Bret. If you follow him on IG, you won't be surprised by the content.

I would say this is a must have for your library.....even just as a reference. If you are interested in building your glutes, posterior chain or changing the shape of your legs, it's worth twice the price and then some.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 05:38 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
About half of the book is full color examples of the exercises. The rest is science, research and exactly what you would expect from Bret. If you follow him on IG, you won't be surprised by the content.

I would say this is a must have for your library.....even just as a reference. If you are interested in building your glutes, posterior chain or changing the shape of your legs, it's worth twice the price and then some.
I have no doubt it is worth the price. My question for myself is, do I really need another BIG book when I do already know plenty of exercises that are great for the glutes, I just need to do them more!

But I will probably buy it anyway.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 07:13 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

606 pages?! I can't imagine he'd have anything more to say about glutes than can be found in Strong Curves, which has 320 oversized pages. Oh my. Tell me more...
Old 09-30-19, 09:47 AM  
MARIKA

I pre-ordered from my library. I just can't justify the price even though I'm sure it's worth it. If It's that great I can always buy it. I do love his knowledge and research.
Old 10-04-19, 07:05 AM  
MARIKA

I'm picking this up today! I'll give my 2 cents if anyone is interested.
Old 10-04-19, 09:53 AM  
carly

Marika, please be the VF "star reviewer" once you have had a chance to get a feel for the book! I wish my library had a copy.....
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 09:53 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Yes! Please share your thoughts on the book. Thanks
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 10:06 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Interested!
Old 10-04-19, 10:33 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

That sounds good. I felt like Strong Curves was more about the programs and focused on aesthetic results for women, but not as much about research and other benefits of glute training. Strong Curves also didn’t have much in the way of the band work he has been recommending and demonstrating the past few years.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bret contreras, glute lab, hip pain