Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-19, 12:16 AM  
Tugger31

Thumbs up P90x3

I have had this collecting dust for awhile and decided to dig it out. I'm only in my 2nd week but so far I'm loving it! I don't know why I waited so long to start this program. It's such a nice change from Cathe and Jessica that I normally do. My arms are looking a little more defined and feeling stronger already and so far the workouts have been primarily body weight! And, you can't beat the 30 minute time frame.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 10:32 AM  
Mickey12

I liked this program too. Great production, lots of variety, and only 30 minutes! I don’t know why I don’t do it more. It’s really great. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 03:22 PM  
carly

I really like this program. Only disappointment is I do not have the ability to install a pull-up bar or "pull station" type apparatus in my home, so I don't get the full benefit of the program.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-19, 10:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I love Isometrix and Dynamix. About the rest, I am meh.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 06:11 PM  
Tugger31

We have TRX system with the band attached to the top of the door. I used that for The Challenge workout and the next day didn't feel much in my back, mostly in my biceps. The next time I used my Cathe resistance bands and subbed some no door attachment band exercises I found on youtube and definitely felt it the next day across my mid to upper back.
Old 07-01-19, 06:38 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
no door attachment band exercises I found on youtube
Do you mind sharing how you found the exercises on YT? I searched but all that came up were exercises around a door or column. I'm needing to sub as well and have been wondering how/what to do. Thanks!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 09:15 PM  
carly

Quote:
We have TRX system with the band attached to the top of the door. I used that for The Challenge workout and the next day didn't feel much in my back, mostly in my biceps. The next time I used my Cathe resistance bands and subbed some no door attachment band exercises I found on youtube and definitely felt it the next day across my mid to upper back.
Thanks for the feed back on the TRX...so maybe I didn't miss that much.... but I am craving more back work, biceps not so much. Information on subs would be most appreciated.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 03:30 PM  
Tugger31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hQ9t3rPbTw

He uses bands with handles. I just used my regular Cathe bands with no handles. I'm short, so for me, some of the exercises with the bands/tubing he uses didn't give me enough resistance.
Old 07-02-19, 05:19 PM  
manleym

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hQ9t3rPbTw

He uses bands with handles. I just used my regular Cathe bands with no handles. I'm short, so for me, some of the exercises with the bands/tubing he uses didn't give me enough resistance.
Thanks for the website! I'm short too, claiming 5', so that's good to know about the resistance not being enough. I use bands with no handles more than bands with handles, so that's good to know too. Thanks for sharing and for the tips!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 06:31 PM  
kat999

I've never done any of the P90X systems but I kind of want to, but what's stopped me is the lack of a good place to put a pull-up bar (and I honestly am not sure I could do them even if I could install a bar), so those of you who have done one of the systems: would this dumbbell method work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUAH2CG6V6A

Tags
p90x3, p90x3 reviews