Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-18, 10:45 AM  
donnamp

lithium - that is my birthday! I will send you special good wishes.

I haven't had mine yet, but from what I understand from DH who has gone through 3 of them - it is pretty clear...and liquid at the end.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 10:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Lithium, I was wondering the same thing before. After the prep, most of your bathroom time will be all liquid. DH told me that he was completely clear at the end, but I was never 100% clear. I think you know that you are done when the length between your episodes increases (the opposite of pregnancy contractions, haha!) and you really feel like you have no more to give.

Hope this helps!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 11:00 AM  
lithium

Thank you so much for the quick answers and best wishes, Donna and Beth. Good luck to us all!
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 11:45 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium View Post
I finally booked mine for 11/2!!! Per the instruction my prep is the Dulcolax/Miralax/Gatorade kind. I'd like to get the prep as well as I can to avoid possible re-do's. OK now I have an indelicate question: what should I expect the stuff coming out of me at the end of the prep? After all the diet, laxatives and clear liquid, should I see clear or brown liquid? Sorry beforehand if I offend your senses.
Congratulations! Starts brown and ends clear.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 10:05 AM  
lithium

Thanks Tracy for the confirmation. Now I know what to expect.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 10:18 AM  
donnamp

About how long after taking SuPrep does the magic happen and how long does it last? I think I have to take a dose at 7 pm and at 6 am. My appointment is for 11:45. Will I get any sleep between doses?

EEK!

If I had thought about it more carefully, I would have scheduled for earlier in the day, but I took first available to get it over with and avoid prolonging the agony!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 10:29 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
About how long after taking SuPrep does the magic happen and how long does it last? I think I have to take a dose at 7 pm and at 6 am. My appointment is for 11:45. Will I get any sleep between doses?

EEK!

If I had thought about it more carefully, I would have scheduled for earlier in the day, but I took first available to get it over with and avoid prolonging the agony!

Donna
it took a while for any response - i had the trilyte. i was expecting an immediate response, but it doesn't happen that way. remember that prior to your taking the SuPrep, you will have been eating lighter and lighter foods, and spread out over a period, and lots of water. that's what's good about lightening your meals.

i would say a good 4-6 hours after my initial cocktail of trilyte did the "magic" happen. and then, it was somewhat anti-climactic. the "response" was mostly gas and very little substance. YMMV, and i was more concerned about being near a bathroom. fasting was far from my concerns!

if you can, see if you can get the first appointment - the earlier the better. this will move the fasting period into your sleeping mode. my appt was at 7 AM which was great, reporting at 6:30 AM.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 10:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Donna, you will definitely be able to sleep! We found that it kicked in about an hour later, or the time to finish both the SuPrep and the 2 cups of water. You will be in the bathroom for awhile--about 2 hours for DH, 1.5 hours for me. But after that, you should be fine to sleep; just try to use the bathroom again before bed. And then repeat in the a.m.!

You won't be "tied up" the entire time in the bathroom, so to speak. I actually read, meditated, and did some yoga moves on the floor!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 10:36 AM  
Carol K

I had a delayed response with both the Trilyte and the Suprep. The Suprep worked faster. I took the Suprep at 6 pm and 3 am. I think I did get some sleep before the second dose.
Old 09-26-18, 10:50 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

EEK!

Donna
I had a different prep—magnesium citrate—it took over 7 hours to kick in (the literature said 4-6).

Regarding getting an earlier appointment. You could call and ask them to let you know if they have any cancellations. That’s what my sister did and she ended up with the first appointment of the morning—7:00. I have a feeling people cancel all the time.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancer, colonoscopy, colonoscopy prep, diverticulitis, medical tests, polyps