Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-07, 08:06 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Red face My custom gliding workout!

I came up with my own gliding workout yesterday that I thought I would share. I have Mindy's original Gliding set, and although I like all three of her workouts, I prefer different parts of the different workouts. Also, I don't really enjoy gliding work on the floor, and I'm trying to focus more on strength than on cardio right now. So, here is what I did:

*warm-up and standing gliding work from Total Body Workout
*standing gliding work from Ultimate Buns and Thighs
*gliding intervals (3) and cool-down from Fat Burning Cardio

This gave me a great workout that was about 45 minutes long. Also, even though I wasn't specifically doing cardio, I was in my target HR for almost the entire time! I might only use this DVD like this from now on.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 10:49 AM  
katalina

Thanks for posting, Beth! I’ve printed this out. I’ve got the original gliding set too, although I’ve only done one of the workouts once.

Kathy
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 10:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I definitely got in some good butt work and am feeling it today! You could do the workouts in a different order, but I don't really like the warm-up from UB&T, so this worked well for me.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-29-07, 11:21 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Hi Beth,

I've only done the original set one time each because I liked other gliding DVDs better. However, I want to try your routine to see if it will make me like these workouts better.

Helen
Old 06-29-07, 12:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i haven't done this in a while - but is that disc programmable, or do you just skip to the appropriate section?

i have a programmable DVD player and haven't ever learned how to program it!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 12:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Helen, let me know what you think! What other gliding workouts do you like?

Jeannine, the DVD isn't programmable, but it is very well-chaptered, so it was easy enough for me to just skip around.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-29-07, 01:50 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster
Helen, let me know what you think! What other gliding workouts do you like?

Jeannine, the DVD isn't programmable, but it is very well-chaptered, so it was easy enough for me to just skip around.
I like Gay's step & gliding circuit workout (don't know the actual title). I only tried each of these DVDs once but I liked them too: Keli's Bootilicious and Gliding Gone Wild. I also like doing Mindy's gliding segments from her other DVDs and using the gliding discs for TLPs and TLTs.

Helen
Old 06-29-07, 02:49 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S
I like Gay's step & gliding circuit workout (don't know the actual title). I only tried each of these DVDs once but I liked them too: Keli's Bootilicious and Gliding Gone Wild. I also like doing Mindy's gliding segments from her other DVDs and using the gliding discs for TLPs and TLTs.

Helen
Helen, could you tell me more about the the Bootylicious and Gliding gone wild dvds? These are on my wish list but I don't have much to go on.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 03:59 PM  
RedPanda

Thanks for posting this, Beth. I might get my hubby to make me a DVD-R of this workout.
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 04:35 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove
Helen, could you tell me more about the the Bootylicious and Gliding gone wild dvds? These are on my wish list but I don't have much to go on.
Tricia Murphy co-teaches Gliding Gone Wild. I think I remember you saying that you didn't like her in the Urban Tease workouts. So I don't think you'll like this one. I think it's mostly a toning workout than a cardio one. There is one move that I really like. It combines dive bomber push-ups, planks, and the ab pike (similar to pikes using stability ball but you have discs under your feet instead of the ball). Once you're in a pike, you spread your legs pretty far and circle back into a plank.

I only did Bootylicious once when it was first released. It was mostly lower body toning. We used weights (or maybe a bodybar?) and there was some upper body work but not a lot of it. I wish I can give more details but I really don't remember the specifics. I only remembered that I liked it enough that I wanted to keep it.

Helen