Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-20, 03:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Have you MOVED videos to a BRANDED YouTube?

I know some of you use YouTube as a "Brand" account, and I'm trying to decide whether to do that. This is actually only somewhat OT because I use YouTube for fitness/yoga. Here's my dilemma.

When I first set up YouTube, it was linked to my main personal gmail account. Given this, the name on my YouTube account is my full name, first/last. It can't be changed on YouTube unless it is changed on the Google/gmail account.

Initially, I used YouTube mainly for watching exercise videos. Over time, I created MANY custom playlists of the videos I watched--I have dozens of videos saved (most with individual comments), and filled separately into at least 25-30 custom playlists.

Back in March, I started uploading yoga and meditation videos for others to use. I used my same personal YT/Google/Gmail account, which in retrospect was a mistake, but that's what I did. Now several months later, I have 55 uploaded videos that I have created and a total of 74 subscribers--cool! But not it feels weird to have these associated with my personal account.

I have options for what to do but am not sure what makes sense. Here are my ideas:
  1. I could create a "brand" account, naming it whatever I wish. I have seen information about transferring videos to a brand account. This seems like probably the best option, but I have questions.
    *Has anyone had trouble doing this? Is there a chance I could lose videos?
    *Can I pick and choose what to transfer (ie, can I transfer only the videos and associated playlists I have created myself and choose not to transfer my general fitness stuff)?
    *If no to the question above, is there another (easy) way to transfer the playlists?
  2. I already have a SECOND Google/gmail account, YogiBethC. This is what I use for my yoga teaching stuff, so it is my brand, so to speak. I automatically have a YouTube account with this Google/gmail, but I would have to create a channel. Questions:
    *If I did this, could I transfer my yoga content to the brand new channel?
    *Would I be able to keep subscribers, or would I have to start over?

I hope to hear from those who have done this before (or something similar). If it's easier you can email me at yogibethc(at)gmail. Thank you!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
social media, youtube, youtube channels, youtube help