Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-08-20, 08:35 AM  
dbclark44

Sat 6/6 - 5256 steps/2.15 miles
Sun 6/7 - Park walk 64 min/3.01 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch; 10,229 steps/4.58 miles

Sissy, I agree that in a lot of her workouts, Cathe does use a lot of equipment. I am so glad I have a dedicated exercise room. We just put a bigger TV in it and I rearranged it to give me more space to work out. I have a big enough workout area that 2 people could comfortably work out together.

Tropical Storm Cristobal is supposed to be hitting us with clouds and rain starting this afternoon. Rain starts tonight, clouds this afternoon. Rain continues through tomorrow as it moves on. Hopefully it drops the 90 degrees we been having down to more comfortable levels.

I was out at the park by 0630 yesterday. That's how early I need to hit it beefore it starts getting too warm for me.

Chrys, I don't go out much either. Sometimes 2-3 days will pass without me going anywhere except the porch. When I do go out my mask is on. I have a dermatology appt tomorrow. First dr. appt since all this began. Safe travels to see the girls. No way would I have endured 90+ degrees working in a garden. I sweat after 10 minutes in degrees like that.

Have a good safe Monday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 10:32 AM  
Sissy B

Saturday, 6/6 - 4718 steps/2 miles
Sunday, 6/7 - 3735 steps/1.58 miles

We're getting the outer bands from the storm so it's still raining and we're having occasional wind gusts, but we're fine. I did notice when I was out with the dogs earlier that one of our neighbors' trees has fallen. Luckily it's small and in the back of their yard so it really didn't do any damage.

Deb - Since we have a treadmill and recumbent bike, we made our 3rd bedroom a "cardio" room a few years ago. While we do store our other exercise equipment in there you can't do a weight workout or yoga in there though, there's just not enough room. And there's not enough room to put my rower in there either, right now it's in the foyer. And it's already too hot and humid here to go walking outside.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 10:31 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday I did a treadmill walk and gardened in 50 degrees with pouring rain. Had to go in to work and do a few things, then threw my stuff in the suitcase. Got up at 3 am to get to the airport this morning. Not many people flying, but the plane to Atlanta is 2/3 full.
I have always used our family room to workout in. Several years ago, dh added a weight bench to all my stuff in there. Now that the kids are gone , we took the couch out of it and just have a couple of chairs for tv watching.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 09:21 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Ugh, today was a SLUG day. Didn't sleep well last night and feel very fatigued. My daughter made it back from Colorado last Saturday night and took off for her apartment in Baltimore this afternoon. She made it safely to Dayton tonight.

After months of syncing beautifully, my fitbit Zip has quit syncing again. Good thing I didn't sign up for the Step Bet I was thinking about. I set an alarm for 11 PM to check my steps every night and write them down. I did a Jessica Smith weight workout yesterday and a yoga stretch one today.

We have our cardio equipment on the sunporch. My weights are in a cabinet in the family room.
Old 06-14-20, 08:37 AM  
dbclark44

Mon 6/8 - TM 45 min/2.10 miles; Cathe Live #284 Arms & Abs on the Ball - Bis Shoulders - Chest; 8023 steps/3.29 miles
Tue 6/9 - Grow Young Fitness (GYF) Knee Therapy Session #1
Wed 6/10 - GYF Knee Therapy Session #2; 4426 steps/1.81 miles
Thu 6/11 - TM 50 min/2.35 miles; Self weights - Chest-Bis; 10,496 steps/4.30 miles
Fri 6/12 - 2048 steps/.84 mile
Sat - 6/13 - 3180 steps/1.30 miles

Hello Ladies. Hope all is well in your worlds.

Man, I haven't worked out in 2 days I just realized while posting. I'll do something today though.

Friday we went to a funeral, then had lunch with some of the first cousins. DH's last uncle passed away.

There were 7 of us total. So we went to the St Louis Galleria Cheesecake Factory but they were still curbside/delivery only - no dine in. We ended up at the Weber Grill which was open for business. They were all over social distancing and it was nice eating out with so little people around. I actually enjoyed it. St Louis is slowly opening up for business. We were fortunate not to have to drive anywhere else as The Grill was at the Galleria.

We had a very nice time catching up with the cousins. I'm thankful they took the time to eat out. There was no repast so relatives were left to gather on their own or not. We hadn't seen these cousins in over a year so had a good time catching up. So sad it takes a funeral to do that.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

Old 06-15-20, 10:57 AM  
Sissy B

Monday, 6/8 - 4892 steps/2.07 miles
Tuesday, 6/9 - 4204 steps/1.78 miles
Wednesday, 6/10 - 5964 steps/2.52 miles
Thursday, 6/11 - 6433 steps/2.72 miles
Friday, 6/12 -4912 steps/2.08 miles
Saturday, 6/13 - 6165 steps/2.61 miles
Sunday, 6/14 - 3488 steps/1.48 miles

For the most part, I don't even remember what I did last week.

DH went to put the boat in the water on Friday and planned to ride around the rivers. I didn't go with him, I was having a bad day and was extremely depressed. DD called while he was gone and told me she had locked herself out of the condo. I told her to call a locksmith. That was our only option right then. While I was talking to her, DH called and said he was out of the water, it didn't go well. He got the boat off the trailer, started to run upriver and the engine died. He could not get it started back so he called a friend who towed him back to the dock. He's been trying to figure out what the problem is ever since. It still won't crank. DD did get back into the condo and she went to Lowe's to have extra keys cut. She had walked out with her work keys instead of her personal keys without realizing it. Now she has a key on the ring too.

Thankfully, Saturday and Sunday were better days for me. We got out of the house for a little while on Saturday (which helped). DH needed to go to Academy to get a new boat battery so we stopped at Hobby Lobby on our way there. DD needed some canvases for an art project she was doing and I got a couple as well. The sign said they were Buy 1, Get 1 50% off but they all ended up being 1/2 price. That was a nice surprise. After we went to Academy we went to one of our favorite local Italian restaurants for lunch. And I spent yesterday watching PBS. They were showing episodes from the last season of Downton Abbey and last night was the season premiere of Grantchester.

Deb - I'm sorry for you and your DH's loss. After DH's uncle's funeral in February one of his cousins made the comment that we need to find another way to get together, not just when there's a funeral.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 08:43 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Back home. Recovery day (from the complete lack of sleep - Lily is teething and Piper has night terrors). I'm going to get on the treadmill and get to 10,000 steps for the day. The only thing we did outside the house while I was there was go to the Cleveland Zoo's drive through event. They allowed cars to drive on some of their paved walking paths to see the animals - it was cool! Today, I went flower shopping in the 43 degree pouring rain. By the time I got home, I couldn't feel my fingers they were so cold.
Sissy, sorry about the boat issues and DD locking herself out
deb, I'm glad you caught up with your cousins. It is sad that funerals are what does that
Leslie, I hate having fitbit issues.
Chrys Dayley
Old 06-19-20, 07:56 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Both yesterday and today were treadmill walks. Yesterday, I went to Utah to buy flowers to plant. I wish we had more of a selection here. DH was really stressed about me going because of covid, but greenhouses are outdoors and I wore my mask. Today, I gardened for 6 hours planting flowers - including hauling buckets of dirt around. While I was gone last year, a groundhog ate about half my perennial garden, so there are lots of holes to fill in.

Chrys Dayley
Old 06-21-20, 08:28 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Happy Father's Day to the dads in your life. I walked yesterday, and did 5 hours of gardening. DH expanded the shade flower bed along the front of the house, which was a nice bonus. His goal is easy edging/mowing. I will walk again today. My back and shoulders need a break.
Chrys Dayley
Old 06-22-20, 09:28 AM  
dbclark44

Sun 6/14 - 1952 steps/.80 mile :
Mon 6/15 - Park walk 54 min/2.45 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch streaming @ the park ; you tube 20-min Chair Cardio workout with Caroline Jordan
Tue 6/16 - 2214 steps/.90 mile
Wed 6/17 - TM 65 min/3 miles; 9693 steps/3.97 miles
Thu 6/18 - 6236 steps/2.55 miles
Fri 6/19 - Grow Young Fitness (GYF) Knee Therapy sessions 3 & 4; 3024 steps/1.24 miles
Sat 6/20 - 1880 steps/,77 mile
Sun 6/21 - GYF Knee Therapy Session 5; GYF Morning Stretch; TM 43 min/2 miles; you tube 14 min Chair Dumb Bell workout with Body Fit; 8077 steps/3.31 miles

Hello ladies. Chrys, welcome home. Sounds like your kids have their hands full with the babies. Times like this, I know you wish you lived closer.

Sissy, too funny about DD. Sounded like a "Darling I love you, but did you think to call a locksmith?" Wow, the boat challenge sounded interesting. Good thing you opted to stay home huh?

Well, life continues. We are slowly opening up here but will still be wearing masks and maintaining a distance for a while. I'm planning a trip to spend a week with my family in Aurora next month. I'm also having my front door and storm doors replaced the end of the month. I went through Lowes. Times like this Sissy, i envy you your handy man of a husband. He does sound like he'll try and tackle a problem or job before hiring professionals. My hubby is not a handy man.

My garbage disposer went out last week so I had the plumber replace it. I hired him to go ahead and replace my water heater which is over 15 years old. No hurry on it, just when he has time to work me in as it's working fine. I'm just gonna be proactive with it and not wait for it to go.

I am really enjoying this GYF. I purchased 3 of the DVDs and the knee therapy one is worth the priciness of them. It's like going to physical therapy . And most of the exercises are done from a chair sitting down. Some standing moves but not many. They are good workouts which will do me a lot of good if I stick with them. The sessions are about 20-30 minutes. Just the right amount of time and sometimes I do a couple.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers