Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Music is my magic bullet to work out.
Mine too!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 12:37 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

A friend told me about a version of The Weight by Robbie Robertson & Ringo Starr on YouTube, that I love. I always loved that song to begin with, and watched this version a few times, then started watching other (think this is the name) Playing for the World clips.
There is one with little kids singing and dancing to What A Wonderful World that just put me in the best mood.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 06:43 AM  
horsemom2

What A Wonderful World is one of the tunes that Sherry from Yoga Vista/JP Yoga uses in her Chair Dances.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_IOLx7uruw

another version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0iTfq-2bk

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 08:56 AM  
seabliss

Music is a huge thing for me as I'm a singer-songwriter and musician. I love streaming music while I work out, both older favorites, which I find especially comforting right now, and newer music that inspires. I'm enjoying seeing artists of all kinds come out in response to these times and share online. It's such a refreshing change from all the constant and exhausting news, commentary, ads, etc. of this trial that we are all in right now.

I actually just wrote a song myself called "When the Healing Comes." Check it out if you are so inclined, and I hope it lifts you up!
Old 04-17-20, 09:08 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
Music is a huge thing for me as I'm a singer-songwriter and musician. I love streaming music while I work out, both older favorites, which I find especially comforting right now, and newer music that inspires. I'm enjoying seeing artists of all kinds come out in response to these times and share online. It's such a refreshing change from all the constant and exhausting news, commentary, ads, etc. of this trial that we are all in right now.

I actually just wrote a song myself called "When the Healing Comes." Check it out if you are so inclined, and I hope it lifts you up!
How lovely! Thank you for sharing!
Old 04-17-20, 09:22 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am a music geek, so bear with me...hearing certain music brings back memories or can change my mood.

I was on my way to do grocery shopping (stressful now of course) when I heard Don Henley's song "Boys of Summer." That song always brings me back to 1989-it was the first summer with my now DH, and we saw Don Henley in concert (with Edie Brickell opening), and it was a summer filled with concerts, seeing friends and going to the beach.

Now hearing that song just made me sad, wondering when we will be able to do any of those simple things again. I am sorry to be a downer, but it just really hit me.

Thanks for listening,
Sherry
"Boys of Summer"! I love that song. I don't remember the exact year but it was when I was in college, and doing my first real long drives on interstates and I was so happy when this song came on. Just yesterday I decided to stop in at Lowe's. Nothing essential, but I was driving by and I did need something. When I pulled out of the parking lot, the snow was swirling, and this song came on. It actually put me in a good mood.
Old 04-17-20, 10:05 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
"Boys of Summer"! I love that song. I don't remember the exact year but it was when I was in college, and doing my first real long drives on interstates and I was so happy when this song came on. Just yesterday I decided to stop in at Lowe's. Nothing essential, but I was driving by and I did need something. When I pulled out of the parking lot, the snow was swirling, and this song came on. It actually put me in a good mood.
It's definitely a great mood-lifter song!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 01:58 PM  
seabliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
How lovely! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks, Wendy!

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, music