Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-20, 10:40 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

It looks great, I think Joel is pretty excellent instructor (Liift4 is great!).
I won't pay for early access just because I'm working through 80 Day Obsession right now, but I'm definitely going to do it.

6 Weeks of the Work was also very good although I did not get through the whole program yet. Exercise ADD.

Kathy: You said "The boxing workouts are all done on your dominant side but they've started adding an additional "mirror image" so you could probably do both sides for a nice one hour long workout." So they only work one side? Can you please elaborate?

Thanks! Good thread!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 11:57 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I did the early access. The weight workouts (upper and lower body) are excellent! There are five workouts per week: 3 boxing, 1 upper body, and 1 lower body.

These are taught similar to Core De Force which is one sided. But Beachbody added a "mirrored" version as well so you can do both sides (twice as long), or alternate, or do these instead if you are left handed.

The weight workouts are done in sets and giant sets and its 50 seconds on, 10-15 second rests. The pace is slow enough to go heavy because you go at your own pace, since it's timed (or you can keep pace with them). Joel as usual, has great form and form pointers. Each week is filmed in a different location which adds a nice element. The locations are:

Week 1 - Los Angeles
Week 2 - Las Vegas
Week 3 - Dallas
Week 4 - Miami
Week 5 - Brooklyn
Week 6 - Philadelphia

The last workout called "The Final Fight" is filmed up on the Philadelphia Art Museum steps (Rocky!!!) which is awesome!

I've mainly used the weight workouts but the boxing workouts are also very good. HTH.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 03:59 PM  
IceQueen07

Thank you. I loved Liift4 and did a few rounds, got good results, then my BOD expired and I haven't renewed yet.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 06:15 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Thank you. I loved Liift4 and did a few rounds, got good results, then my BOD expired and I haven't renewed yet.
Candice, I really liked Liift4 too but I think I actually enjoyed the 10 Rounds weight work even more. Joel does such a great job demonstrating the moves and giving form pointers in all his programs. I like his personality too.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 06-16-20, 08:39 AM  
leigh1673

This is the first time I've ever paid for early access to a BOD program, but something about it just called to me.

I've only done the first 2 workouts so far (boxing + lower body) but so far I am enjoying them. Not gonna lie, having Joel as a lead doesn't hurt. For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling inspired to use heavier weights (I've been a dedicated low weight/high rep gal for many years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
It's not available until July with the regular BBOD subscription. I'll let you know what I think. I thought The Work was excellent too .
It's not available to regular BOD customers until October. Maybe it's available to coaches in July?
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 09:47 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I did the early access. The weight workouts (upper and lower body) are excellent! There are five workouts per week: 3 boxing, 1 upper body, and 1 lower body.

These are taught similar to Core De Force which is one sided. But Beachbody added a "mirrored" version as well so you can do both sides (twice as long), or alternate, or do these instead if you are left handed.

The weight workouts are done in sets and giant sets and its 50 seconds on, 10-15 second rests. The pace is slow enough to go heavy because you go at your own pace, since it's timed (or you can keep pace with them). Joel as usual, has great form and form pointers. Each week is filmed in a different location which adds a nice element. The locations are:

Week 1 - Los Angeles
Week 2 - Las Vegas
Week 3 - Dallas
Week 4 - Miami
Week 5 - Brooklyn
Week 6 - Philadelphia

The last workout called "The Final Fight" is filmed up on the Philadelphia Art Museum steps (Rocky!!!) which is awesome!

I've mainly used the weight workouts but the boxing workouts are also very good. HTH.

Kathy
Kathy is my favorite enabler! I really plan on checking these out next month. Sounds excellent!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 10:01 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Kathy is my favorite enabler! I really plan on checking these out next month. Sounds excellent!
Lol Kate, we have the same likes in programs. I really think you’re going to enjoy 10 Rounds!

To elaborate more, each of the weeks workouts has a “regular” and a “mirrored” version so you can do one or both if you want a more balanced or longer workout. I don’t think it really matters as much for the weight workouts but it might be beneficial to be able to switch up the side you start on.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 06-17-20, 08:31 AM  
Rhonda

I have been doing boxing and weight rotation since December. I am loving it and this program sounds perfect. But I don't know if I want to do BOD again or not.

I found I didn't use it all that much so I canceled by subscription. Hmmmm...may have to think about it and glad to hear that they have the mirrored image and I feel lopsided if I don't do both side. That is one reason I didn't care for Core de Force but maybe overall both sides are worked the same.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 06:36 AM  
gigi

This is calling to me more than MBF right now. It bothered me though, in the sample workout, to realize only the dominant side is used for boxing. I think for each boxing portion I would switch sides. It seem if you only use your dominant side you would end up a bit unbalanced. That looks like the only drawback to me. I'm tempted to get a BOD membership again so I can buy early access. I need a program to follow right now as I'm in a funk. I get too gung ho. Push too hard then just stop for 2 or 3 days. I think the workouts being no longer than 40 minutes will help me stay consistent. In the fall I plan to walk as much as possible right after work.
Old 08-23-20, 06:46 AM  
gigi

Well, it's coming to BOD on August 31st so I'll just get a BOD subscription and start it then. I realize this is an old thread....ooops! But I as looking for info. on 10 Rounds.

Tags
10 rounds, bbod, beachbody, beachbody on demand, joel freeman