Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-20, 08:45 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I got home late so I didn't do a workout today. I did walk a mile at work so at least I did something! I work from home tomorrow so I'll be able to get my workout in at some point. I feel fine today so I guess my throat was just dry from being indoors in the dry heat.

Donna, Kids definitely transfer all the time these days. My nephew is very outgoing, which oddly is the reason he didn't like his first college. There just wasn't much to do and the college was in a rural area, which he realized wasn't for him. A lot of times they think they know what they want, but realize after they try it that it wasn't the right choice, and that's ok.

Sherry, Hope you're feeling better!
Old 01-23-20, 06:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

This morning was: Essentrics Barre - Standing and Floor. I plan to get a walk in at work and maybe something else tonight - time will tell. My neighbor is turning 90 and they are having a little party for him tonight so we're going to stop by - so it all depends on how much time I have after that.

Yesterday I did get a 20 min HIIT walk in from Gina B's You Tube Channel and I also did Blessful Body - Love Your Core - Workout # 1 (10 min of Pilates).

I miss Blessful Body! But I have access to these 5 core workouts from signing up on her site. I may re-join her site at some point, but I'm feeling guilty about spending the money on Trifecta Pilates which suddenly doesn't appeal to me. Ugh.

Sherry - I hope you are feeling better!

wishiwasinhawaii - I know what you mean - sometimes they just have to try something and see if it works for them.

Happy Friday Eve -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 10:41 AM  
Leonana

I am feeling better, thanks for the well wishes! I am going to wait until Monday to start working out again, I'm still a little congested and low energy. I am going to do my volunteer filing today, so should be good (crossing my fingers!).
Old 01-24-20, 07:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Essentrics Release and Rebuild Your Fascia.

Yesterday I walked at work but didn't get anything done in the evening.

The party for my neighbor was nice - he had a good showing! I realized a sid benefit to doing Essentrics - as is usually the case at parties you end up standing around in the kitchen talking - well, I stood for over an hour and no back pain....so, maybe there is something to this...

Sherry - I hope the filing day went well! I watched a few of Dr. Dray's videos last night - Oh my - she is using a lot of high end stuff and subscription box type things like the pre-packaged smoothies and the meals from Purple Carrot. She has really moved away from her minimalist roots, that is for sure! I guess she gets paid for doing these sponsored videos, so on the one hand, can't really blame her but quite a change from her early days of You Tube.

wishiwasinhawaii - I think the dry indoor air is bothering my throat (scratchy) and sinuses (headache)...I should probable pull out our humidifiers.

Hope everyone has a good Friday -

Donna
Old 01-24-20, 09:58 PM  
Leonana

Another rest day. I'm feeling much better, almost back to normal. After two and a half weeks of only three workouts, my jeans are tighter today. I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove. Maybe I'll start on Sunday. I have yard work and house work tomorrow.

Donna, I'm glad the Essentrics is working for your back. I thought the Tai Chi was helping my lower back, but forgot I was also taking Tylenol while I had my cold, lol. But maybe it helped too. That's the main reason I stopped watching Dr Dray, too many sponsored products I'm not interested in. I still watch some of her Q&A's, she has some interesting info in those.
Old 01-25-20, 12:01 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today is a rest day on the schedule, but I decided to dust off a DVD I bought maybe a year ago and never opened: Ilaria's Forza Samurai Sword Workout. It's pretty old (from 2006) and it looks outdated as far as the production quality, but is a very good workout. I used to be very active in martial arts about 10 years ago and this reminds me of that. It's not easy by any means. It's an hour workout and I only got through the first 15 minutes and had to stop, LOL. But I will revisit it again soon.

Rainy day here so I'm going to do some work around the house.

Donna, Glad to hear the party went well.

Sherry, Thank goodness you're finally feeling better!

It seems everything is going to a subscription model these days. Jessica Smith is one of the few that isn't doing that (so far) but I have a feeling she might go in that direction at some point, as will all of youtube. I don't like the idea of paying over and over to access something, so good thing I have enough DVDs to keep me going, as long as the DVD players I have hold up!
Old 01-26-20, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a busy day - I met with a realtor to sell my mom's place and also a painter to update the colors....

My workouts:

Saturday:

Jessica - Walk On - Stride and Strength - this was from her first Walk On set - filmed on the dock. I enjoyed this one - the cardio and toning were done separately which made it easier to go heavier with weights (heavy for me).

Essentrics Challenge Day 13 - Hip & Knee Strengthening

Sunday:

Jenny Ford - March Across America - Tetons (Jenny has a Roku Channel now - Freedom Fit - and her March and Step Across America series are on there). This was a basic 20 min walk

Jessica Valent Pilates - Full Body Pilates Barre
Jessica Valent Pilates - Renew & Restore Stretch

I may add on the Essentrics Challenge workout for the day later if i feel like it - it is the posture and spine workout I have done previously.

wishiwasinhawaii - I agree re: subscription services, even though I do subscribe to a few! That sounds like an interesting workout. Someday I should challenge myself to one month of just DVD workouts - no streaming at all.

Sherry - glad you are feeling better!

Waves,

Donna
Old 01-26-20, 09:30 PM  
Leonana

Another rest day today. Did some housework and yard work yesterday. I'm planning on starting some lighter workouts tomorrow. Since I have the Tai Chi on Wednesdays, I think I will switch my cardio to MWF, and strength on TTHS.

I wonder if Jessica will do streaming. If she does, I hope there is still a download option, or dvd option, so you can have it forever. I don't have as many dvd's as most here, but more than the average bear. I think I have around 30-35, mostly Jessica's. I hope if she does go streaming, she leaves up her old You Tube videos for free. Of course, I'll be subscribing if she does, even though I'm not currently subscribed to anything.

wishiwasinhawaii, 15 minutes is probably more than I could do, lol. I've never tried Ilaria.

Donna, good luck with the condo sale. I'm sure it will be a load off of you once it's sold.
Old 01-27-20, 06:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up taking a long walk w/ DD - so I got a lot of steps in for me!

Today was Essentrics Rebalance Your Connective Tissue. I will try to get out at work since tonight DD has her riding lesson and I will not want to anything afterwards.

Sherry - sounds like a good workout schedule. If Jessica went the streaming route, I would join - she offers a lot of variety. A lot of sites are just one thing - and that gets boring....

waves wishiwasinhawaii and Pam

I hope the condo sale goes through smoothly - I'm having it painted and I have to get rid of the living room set that is in there (it was too big for my mom's new place). My mom is driving me crazy and talking about moving again - ugh. Her lease is up in Sept. I may consider moving her to a place that has more services - like meals - it is more expensive, but it may be worth it.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 01-27-20, 08:44 PM  
Leonana

Today was two Jessica you tube workouts, 1 Mile Belly, Buns and Thighs workout, and the Under the Weather workout. The 1 Mile workout was faster and more intense than I expected, it was almost a low impact HIIT! I enjoyed it though, it was nice to get back to working out.

Donna, it sounds like a place with meals might be good for your mom. I'm sure it must be frustrating hearing her say she wants to move again. Dr Dray just did a video on Paula's Choice 20% Niacinimide. I am going to check it out this evening.

Tags
jessica smith get strong